PDA

View Full Version : Malformed Brethren 2k

Lexmechanic
06-07-2007, 17:58
Here is my plan for Lazargh's Tribe themed Ogre army. My regular opponents are both pretty static armies (Empire, Dwarves) who rely on me coming for them. The main idea is to pop all the gorgers behind them and lock the opponents key units in combat with unbreakable t5 monsters. The Butchers with Skragg shield my few Ogre units with Trollguts and also blast enemy cavalry / flanking units. I would appreciate opinions whether 6 Gorgers are an overkill, do I have too few scoring units and is this list competetive at all. Thanks in advance

Lords:

Skragg the Slaughterer

Heroes:

Butcher,
-Bangstick

Butcher,
-Skullmantle

Bruiser,
-Tenderizer, heavy armour

Core:

3 x Bulls,
-add hweapons, bellower

3 x Bulls,
-add hweapons, bellower

4 x Ironguts

4 x Ironguts

Special:

2 x Gorgers

2 x Gorgers

2 x Gorgers

~2000points
models in army = 24
total number of wounds = 84
Power Dice = 10 + 1
Dispel Dice = 6

Lex

gerrymander61
07-07-2007, 01:53
I quite like the theme of your army and your tactics sound solid. I'd either trim down your 2 gorgers, and add more bulls, or exchange the ironguts for plain bulls. IMHO you're already running enough elite units w/o enough support of your joe shmoe ogres.

Your list would be hilarious fun to play with, and I think quite competitive with more bulls. My friend plays Ogres, and he never gets his points worth out of his ironguts, so i've never seen them shine. Perhaps this is why I'm advocating for more troops.

Ogre-Tyrant14
07-07-2007, 07:02
I belive that the list is effective, but maybe trim the gorgers down to 4. Also, remember that the enemy anly has to cause 3 wounds on your core units to inflict a panic check, and woth static, shooty armies, this usually isn't a problem. So, hopefully your gorgers turn up early enough to chew their way through the artillery crews!:)