PDA

View Full Version : Marked chaos-characters and units with no mark?

Belerophon709
06-07-2007, 21:41
Tried to search the forums, but either I'm doing it wrong, or this question hasn't been asked before (It's probably me)...

So, can a character that has a mark of chaos join a unit which has none at all? Not talking units that are undivided here, but units such as marauders and beast-herds...

Examples:
Can a marked Bray-Shaman join a beast herd?
Can a marked sorceror join marauders?

Cheers,

Bele

theunwantedbeing
06-07-2007, 21:44
Marked characters are allowed to join unmarked units(so long as they are joining a unit of the same type as them...eg a beasts character joining a beasts unit).

It's only when the marks are conflicting that you dont get to join the unit.

One more thing....all character's are marked,there are no unmarked chaos characters(they all ahve at least the mark of undivided,which is a mark)

Belerophon709
06-07-2007, 21:48
One more thing....all character's are marked,there are no unmarked chaos characters(they all ahve at least the mark of undivided,which is a mark)

Yup, I know, hence the confusion... Didn't really get how people could put a character with their marauders if the prerequisite for this was the marauders having the same mark as the character...

Thanks for the speedy response! :D

MarcoPollo
07-07-2007, 04:02
There has been some debate as to whether or not you can have two or more characters with different marks in a unit with no marks. No consensus was made, but a majority here on portent said that you could not have two characters with different marks in a unit with no marks.

Over on herdstone (http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/) there is a majority that goes the other way on the issue.

The argument had to do with whether a unit "has" a mark if a character with a mark joins it?

Not quite sure where the debate was, but it was quite extensive with a poll and everything.

Hulabalo
25-07-2007, 00:13
There has been some debate as to whether or not you can have two or more characters with different marks in a unit with no marks. No consensus was made, but a majority here on portent said that you could not have two characters with different marks in a unit with no marks.

People try to do this in my gaming group all the time and say, 'as long as the characters are not touching bases it's fine...':wtf:

MarcoPollo
25-07-2007, 00:23
I don't think it is really a huge deal for an opponent if there are two with different marks. I haven't had an opponent complain once, although I did have one say they didn't think it was allowed.

It is controversial & nothing is clear. I think it would come down to loosing comp in a tourney.