PDA

View Full Version : How to write a match report

tenpole
07-07-2007, 09:05
Coaches in the WSFA are not that keen on writing up a match report. Most say they don't have the creative flair for the fluff or just that they are not good at writing reports. You dont have to be creative. I just folow a basic guideline to writting reports;

1. Give excuses why you lost or inane ramblings about your glorious victory

2. Highlights of the game

3. Man of the Match

Firstly giving excuses why you lost the game is important. No coach has ever lost a game through lack of skill. The other circumstances were the reason you lost the game whether the TR was too high of your opponent, you was drunk, ill, wife or kids screaming in the background (this is true in my case) or you had to fight off hordes of chaos that had opened a warp gate next to your computer chair and you was unable to fully concentrate.
If you won the game then just ramble on remembering to place the words glorious, skillfull and deftly in the paragraph.

Highlights of the game is simply the best part of the game that amazed you or mention several. It might not be an act performed by your team but something you was impressed by. Having your opponents uber starplayer fail an apothecary roll also counts as a highlight.

Man of the Match is simple the player who really deserves the spotlight on. You can either do a player from both teams or a player from the match and explain if necessart why these players/player got the award

Deng Ham
07-07-2007, 09:26
great stuff... Remind myself to do reports. It is after all the stuff taht suround a league, that give it flavor.

Jet
07-07-2007, 10:12
Good post Tenpole; in fact as far as the Man of the Match choice goes, I think you should actually nominate someone from the opposition team who played particularly well. Over the course of a season it would show who had been really feared.

I don't simply mean the player with the most skills, but I reckon someone who performs above their level to change their game, perhaps with an influential casualty, refusing to go down in the face of adversity, an unlikely passing play etc.. Everyone likes the surprise package.

th0r
07-07-2007, 13:16
Can we get a sticky for stunty match reports then? Cause I don't really see the point of putting it on fumbbl where people have to really look for it.

As for "Give excuses why you lost or inane ramblings about your glorious victory" ... I think thats my specialty.

Deng Ham
07-07-2007, 14:49
Can we get a sticky for stunty match reports then? Cause I don't really see the point of putting it on fumbbl where people have to really look for it.

you are asking the wrong man... Tenpole is known for is disliking of stickys

tenpole
07-07-2007, 20:46

As for "Give excuses why you lost or inane ramblings about your glorious victory" ... I think thats my specialty.

The current tournament is usually has a thread at the top of the list of threads so its hardly difficult to look for. I edit the match report and copy and paste it in warseer. (Except this time)

tenpole
11-07-2007, 14:15
Do I have to start awarding points for coaches who manage to write a match report?

tenpole
31-07-2007, 17:24
Points are now awarded for match reports