PDA

View Full Version : Painting Arvus

orangesm
07-07-2007, 19:18
Alright I have 3 Arvus to paint and am undecided on how to paint them. It comes down to whether I want to paint them as part of a Guard Regiment, a Departmento Muntiorum supply unit, an Imperial Navy Ship, or from an Imperial Navy Air Forces Squadron. So I am wondering what others think.

Note: I will be painting 1 of that I purchased as part of a Guard Regiment, on the back of a Leviathan!

HarkonGreywolf
08-07-2007, 10:29
OK, doesn't it depend on what Forces you currently have?
If, for example, you run a SM Fleet it would probably be a Navy Arvus, if you run an Imperial Fleet it could feasibly be from any arm of the services.

I think I'd want to have them all the same though, for uniformity's sake in game. Unless you plan on using one as an "Objective" at any time in the future?

HG

SanguinaryDan
10-07-2007, 05:11
I'd think it's entirely dependent upon what sort of mission they'll perform. If they are bringing in cargo, Departmento Munitorium makes the most sense. If you are using them to bring in troops I'd go with Imperial Navy Ship.

So obviously you'll need another half dozen or so to paint them in the appropriate mission colors. :D

I'm planning on doing mine in IN ship colors to match my BFG fleet. If they ever manage to get the Aquila done I'll go for =I= colors as I can easily see that Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor swooping down to put paid to those damned heretics. :skull:

Darnok
10-07-2007, 12:17
I think it's most likely that the Arvus performs some drop mission based on a space ship, e.g. a support for a ground based IG action. So my vote goes to "Navy ship".

SonofUltramar
12-07-2007, 21:48
I too went for Imperial Navy ship as any role filled by the Arvus in AI will mostly involve troop insertion or recovery which require better pilots who would nominally be those of the Imperial Navy, that and its their job?

I wouldn't go with Guard for the Arvus on the Leviathan as anyone important enough to ride around in one is going to want a really good pilot and would surely have contact with the upper echelons of the IN who could sort him out with a little transport and a competent pilot, maybe thats just me though?

orangesm
15-07-2007, 14:08
And here they are. I went for the 2914th Combat Support Wing, which operates airlift and supply missions.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/cadetorange/minis/AeroImp/DSC01837.jpg

Sorry was a little lazy and did not turn off the flash.