PDA

View Full Version : battle standards in 1000pts?

razielthegreat
08-07-2007, 10:35
i'm still quite new to playing fantasy (been playin' VC for about a month or so.) and i'm thinkin' of starting a new beastmen army.

So, before i go out and buy a whole heap of minis, i just wanted to know whether of not it would be a good idea to include a battle standard. (i normal play 1000 point games, if that makes a diff.)

any help is much appreciated. :D thanks

Gorbad Ironclaw
08-07-2007, 13:01
You can't really answer that question, as it depends on how your play style is, force composition, tactics etc. A BSB can work in any army you want if thats what you want to know. My VC army never leaves home without one.

sigur
08-07-2007, 13:54
Generally I'm not sure if BoC units generally stand close enough to each other that a BSB would really pay off. Apart from that, a BSB can't be your general so you'd have to get another Chiefbeastmanguy which aren't terribly expensive, yet you should estimate that each one could cost around 100pts (including equipment;maybe some BoC-players will bash me now ), then you might want to have some magic in your list and so on. That all adds up.

For Empire or Dwarfs, a BSB might be a better investment in 1000pts but in my experience, BoC armies are always kind of spread out because they likes them Raiders special rule.;)

Gorbad Ironclaw
08-07-2007, 19:28
Doesn't mean you have to spread out very much tho. You could just put a single unit or two in ambush(some cheap dogs maybe) and keep the majority/hard parts of your army in range.

But thats why it depends so very much on other factors.

razielthegreat
09-07-2007, 06:06
yeah, i get what your sayin' about spreading out. i just thought with BSB being able to re-roll break tests, and Boc having such crappy leadership, it would be a good idea
meh...i think i'll convert up a gor and maybe use it in the occasional game, to see if it's any good

thanks for the tips though