PDA

View Full Version : Sacrament of the Lady

Raga
08-07-2007, 22:40
Hey guys,

Just wondered if there was any new rule for the Sacrament of the Lady since 7th Ed - as its now worthless as it is.

Cheers
Raga

theunwantedbeing
08-07-2007, 22:45
Nope its worthless at the moment.

Palatine Katinka
08-07-2007, 22:47
It's not quite worthless. Although the bearer can't cast, I believe her dice could still be used to stop "Remains in play" spells. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) I am thinking of the right thing, aren't I?

Raga
08-07-2007, 23:38
Yeah, you're right Palatine, I was just hoping it wasn't that bad....*sigh* another well done GW.

Cheers guys, topic closed.

Raga

Palatine Katinka
08-07-2007, 23:53
Does the sacrament say that only she may use the dice? If not, you could try to argue that, as dice generated by an item, they are free for any Damsel to use. (Dice generated by items are available to any wizard in your army, not just the one carrying the item, unless otherwise stated in the magic item's description.)

ehlijen
09-07-2007, 00:54
She generates the dice the same way as before, just more. So no other damsel can use them :(

As a houserule, I'd suggest something like:
Sacrament of the Lady
The damsels generates power dice as normal according to her level. These dice then count as common dice so that any caster can use them. On a 1 it runs out.

This rule would be almost equivlent in effect to the old one, but works with the new rules. The other casters have X dice more than before, but if they actually use them, the damsel with the item herself can't, whereas if she does use them, the others don't get any benefit.

Just a suggestion though.

ZomboCom
09-07-2007, 10:52
Does the sacrament say that only she may use the dice? If not, you could try to argue that, as dice generated by an item, they are free for any Damsel to use. (Dice generated by items are available to any wizard in your army, not just the one carrying the item, unless otherwise stated in the magic item's description.)

This question was answered by allessio in white dwarf as part of the "what 7th ed broke" FAQ. His answer was that they can only now be used to dispell remains in play.

It was the same FAQ that confirmed the nerfing to beast herds too.