PDA

View Full Version : Middenheim Rules

Crube
09-07-2007, 15:24
Lookng through the Storm of Chaos I just got from eBay, has raised a couple of questions...

Hunting Hounds - what size base should these go on? I reckon a normal cavalry base, but...they are just doggies...

Although Handgunners are classed as Rare troops, can they still be included as detechments. Eg can I have 3 detachments of 10 in a 2K army (I dont specifically, but I dont want to use up a rare slot if I do want to take 1 detachement....(if you see what I mean...)

Wolf Kin - Why? They look nice and characterful, but is their any real use for them.

I assume that Warriors of Ulric have replaced Free Company in the list?

Think that's it

Ta muchly in advance

ZomboCom
09-07-2007, 23:34
Hunting Hounds - what size base should these go on? I reckon a normal cavalry base, but...they are just doggies...

Cavalry base is correct, the "fast cavalry" rule kinda gives it away.

Although Handgunners are classed as Rare troops, can they still be included as detechments. Eg can I have 3 detachments of 10 in a 2K army (I dont specifically, but I dont want to use up a rare slot if I do want to take 1 detachement....(if you see what I mean...)

No, they can't be taken as detachments, per the Storm of Chaos FAQ in UK White Dwarf 298.

Wolf Kin - Why? They look nice and characterful, but is their any real use for them.

Wolf kin are probably the best unit in the list. WS4, S6 with GW or S4 with 4+ armour, stubborn skimishers who can have full command? They're fantastic in multiple roles, whether as flank/rear protectors, tarpits, all out assault units and especially when deployed against other skirmishers.

I assume that Warriors of Ulric have replaced Free Company in the list?

Sort of. There's not much of a role for warriors of ulric in the middenheim list, unlike in the cult of ulric list where they are core and cost 3 points.

They can be useful in a middenheim list though, in small units with great weapons.

Crube
10-07-2007, 19:24
Thanks Zombo...

Really should have thought through that 1t question.... nice and obvious :)

I do need to dig out my WD 298 then...

Cheers

jullevi
10-07-2007, 19:33
No need to dig up WD's, Storm of Chaos FAQ (http://stormofchaos.uk.games-workshop.com/help/assets/SoC_QA.pdf) is still available at Storm of Chaos website.