PDA

View Full Version : Hey Greenskins

E-Dog
09-07-2007, 17:35
Me and a freind were talking about the new chaos codex and he brought up the fact that orks have only had one book done while chaos is on its third. I'm a chaos player but this still ticks me off a little. Your feelings.........

Outlaw289
09-07-2007, 17:38
Your feelings.........

Use the search function

LususNaturae
09-07-2007, 17:39
orks are gettin a new codex by the end of the year. It's supposed to be before the chaos one. DE are getting one too.

Darnok
09-07-2007, 17:42
orks are gettin a new codex by the end of the year. It's supposed to be before the chaos one.

That's just not true. Chaos is coming in September, Orks at around Christmas/January.

And of course DE get a new codex - the question is "when?", as always.

studderigdave
09-07-2007, 17:58
the ork dex better be well thought out for all the time GW had to re write it, thats all im sayin about that.

MadJackMcJack
09-07-2007, 18:01
Your feelings.........

Use the search function

Heh, search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Da Reddaneks
09-07-2007, 18:01
orks have only had one book done while chaos is on its third. I'm a chaos player but this still ticks me off a little. Your feelings.........
Krumping a spikey boy is all the sweeter just for that reason!

Grimshawl
09-07-2007, 18:25
GW left the regular foot slogging orks to rot in neglect for quite a while so this new codex better be the stuff, the new vehicle kit better be good to, the truk has to be one of the crapiest vehicle models in GWs entire line.

Stella Cadente
09-07-2007, 19:14
knowing our luck GW will redo the codex and just not bother with the models (and judging by some of the newer models, might be best too), or make it a WD codex, heck why would GW put any effort into it, the'll probably call them Ork marines

He who is doom
12-07-2007, 19:08
the orks do need a new codex but i want it done right for they are greatly under powered for the universe that is now here.

like a 16 man mob of orks into a 2 man squad of marines and were wiped out to a man. so yeah they need a new weapons

Orthodox
12-07-2007, 19:52
I wish Andy Chambers could buy GW and make bfg Orks the sole focus of their production, with legacy support for the other races as generic opponents.

Krumping
huh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn0ppKOYU5Q)

Green Shoes
12-07-2007, 19:58
According to the release schedule I've seen, the new Ork models come out beginning in January, and the codex comes out in the relative middle of said month ($22, if you were wondering, whereas the Chaos one is only $20...).

Gobskrag 'Eadbasha
12-07-2007, 20:31
Well, look at it this way: its taken a hell of a long time to put the ork release together, so you know they put a lot of thought into it. Im sure the new codex will be great. Thats just my two teef.

The Song of Spears
12-07-2007, 20:34

Somewhere along the line the orks started saying 'krump' as an alternative to 'crush' (krush) maybe its in relation to crumpling things, i dunno, or maybe its off of some brit slang i don't know of. Either way, orks dont do that (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn0ppKOYU5Q) anywhere except bloodbowl ;)

search relic forums for animated kill .gif to see a ork 'krump a marine' :D

KaosDroid!
12-07-2007, 20:35
i think orks are a dying race, i dont think theylll make another

Gobskrag 'Eadbasha
12-07-2007, 20:37

check the rumor forums lately? theyre confirmed for january 08 with an army set in december.

Cirenivel
12-07-2007, 20:42

:wtf:.... Do you mean that GW won't make a new codex for them? for, they are, infact, commited to make it, according to their new policy. It states that they will continue to support every army that they have at the time, or introduce in the future.

Also, Orks are one of the main characterics in the 40k universe. They're one of the most unlikely races to dissapear

Cirenivel

sukigod
12-07-2007, 21:05
My thoughts on an 8 year old codex? I'm pretty proud of the orks and feel that GW did a good job (minus the weapons chart snafu) on the Codex: Ork, both the design and the race for gameplay itself. It's a codex that's gone through the most without an update and it's armylist is still very, very playable, both for fun and tournament.

Makes me proud to say "I play orks!"

Promethius
12-07-2007, 21:10
Personally I don't think that the Ork codex is too bad as it stands; then again I don't think that either the Chaos or Tau books were that bad either. What Orks need mostly is a major re-vamp of their model range, and that takes time and resources which is part of the reason for the delay. the question is, will the wait have been worth it? With early rumours of the plastic gargant/stompa being cancelled, and constant delays to the BOV sprue, I'm very sceptical.

MADJAP77
13-07-2007, 00:40
new squigs? please oh please

biztheclown
13-07-2007, 00:46
OK this thread contains both a person who thinks the newest ork models are not good, and a person who somehow lost 16 orks to 2 marines. Color me confused by both.

Heres hoping for some cool new ork stuff!

Green Shoes
13-07-2007, 17:10
Don't forget the one who thinks GW will "squat" them!

Adra
13-07-2007, 17:31
stop being silly u lot...they wont ditch them. orks are an odd duck in 40k...they are old school, very well known, deeply set into the fluff and everyone loves em...yet they are one of the least popular armies. Lets just say if ork where as popular as marines we would have a new dex and a stompa 2 years ago :D

sukigod
13-07-2007, 19:45
yet they are one of the least popular armies.

I hafta say that Orks aren't the least popular armies. I'm not sure where people get this idea. I used to think the same thing untill the last RTT I attended. Out of 16 players (small tourny), 3 of them were greenskins. The most represented single army of the day, only two other armies were Space Marines. I thought I was the only ork player around but it seems I wasn't.

Not screaming anything here, just wonder why people think the orks are so unloved and unplayed as a race.

Da Reddaneks
13-07-2007, 19:59
Krumping a spikey boy is all the sweeter just for that reason!

Somewhere along the line the orks started saying 'krump' as an alternative to 'crush' (krush)
Song of Spears, actually i was refering to dancing. Dancing with chaos marines is even better when you have an 8 year old codex. Except because our codex is sooooo old we dance old school! Lawrence Welk style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw2lCPeyyCk)!!!!!

(note: Young guys wont get it, but this joke is dedicated to all the old guys out there like me who had to hang out with their grandparents on saturday nights!)

victorpofa
13-07-2007, 20:12
According to the release schedule I've seen, the new Ork models come out beginning in January, and the codex comes out in the relative middle of said month ($22, if you were wondering, whereas the Chaos one is only $20...).

All codices are now US$22. It is this year's price increase. I am not sure why the Chaos codex is listed as $20 since the price change is already in effect today.

And for everyone who doubts the popularity of Orks ask yourself what race's quotes are most often taken from DoW? :skull:

Kulgur
13-07-2007, 22:12
All codices are now US$22. It is this year's price increase. I am not sure why the Chaos codex is listed as $20 since the price change is already in effect today.

And for everyone who doubts the popularity of Orks ask yourself what race's quotes are most often taken from DoW? :skull:

Works out as cheaper then in the UK, exchange rate is currently 2 dollars to the pound or thereabouts, and UK codexes are 12. Apart from the older ones (Dark Eldar and Orks) which are 8