PDA

View Full Version : how to use militia?

eleveninches
10-07-2007, 16:35
I am planning on starting a sylvanian militia list from the VC army book, but am not sure on how to use them effectively.

Is it best to have 2-3 big units (25-30 strong) and get maximum rank bonus and outnumber, or is it generally better to have them deployed in smaller units of 10-15 each, and be able to outmanouver the enemy, hoping to get some flank charges.

hamster67
10-07-2007, 16:46
I have played against this army and it's annoying when all of those militia attack before my skellies and zombies :(

i did find them usefull soaking up missle fire if that helps :)

eleveninches
10-07-2007, 17:02
the advantage of it is that most of the army is alive, and free company come with 2 hand weapons at only 5 points per model. Plus, you still get access to undead heroes for zombie raising .

Summonning zombies can be very effective if used correctly.
I usually summon them and immediately angle them in front of vicious enemy units. This means that the enemy can either move around the rediculously long zombie conga-line, but will still end up with the zombies in front of them in my next movement phase, or they will have to charge into the zombies, meaning that they overrun AWAY from your main force (and if you are close enough, this can even give you a flank charge). Also, you can summon them in front of missile units or nasty artillary to make them only capable of shooting at the zombies. I also often get them into combat in the first turn, by summoning them, then using book of arkhan to get them to flank charge :)