PDA

View Full Version : Ard'ed's 'Oarde!

foreverdancing
10-07-2007, 23:01
Hey, being a stunty i thought i'd check things out from a different perspective (i.e. more than 4ft above the ground).

Although i'm meant to hate all greenskins yata yata... I'm just a little bored of the dwarves moving ability (ahem!).

I've always thought that if you're going to play a hoarde army, it should be just that. Not too many frills or fancies, but hundreds of men (or to be specific, orcs).

At 1000 points, my list looks like this.

Hero
Black orc
Heavy Armour
Best 'at =119

Core
30 Boyz
Command
Choppas =240

30 Boyz
Command
Choppas =240

30 Boyz
Command
Shields =210

Special
2 Boar Chariots =160

This weighs in at 969 points, 95 orcs (4 in the chariots) 4 boars, and a heap of wood put together by my lil goblins slaves (2 of which, due to unfortunate circumstances are no longer with us).

I'm not entirely sure what to do with the extra 31 points... any ideas?

The general idea is to shrug of missile fire due to numbers, and when the charge comes (Oh and it will come), punish the opponent.

Now at 2000 i lose the total feel of a hoarde, gaining only 32 more orcs and a few more heaps of goblin craftsmanship. The list looks a bit like this...

Lord
Whas'a Ard'ed Black orc Warboss
Heavy Armour
Iron Gnashers
Amulet of Protectyness
Spiteful Shield
Sword of Striking

Heroes
Black Orc Boss
BSB
Heavy Armour
Totem of Mork

Black Orc Boss
Heavy Armour
Shield

Black Orc Boss
Heavy Armour
A'krit Axe
Shield

Core
As Before

Special
30 Black Orcs
Command
Butchery (Banner)

Orc Boar Chariot

Orc Boar Chariot

2x Spear Chucka

Now, the idea at 2000 points is again to present the enemy with many targets, each equally dangerous. The firepower would have to be focused on the one unit over the 3 turns they'd have before it would be rendered useless.

There's a black orc in each unit with the lord going with the shield unit of orcs (as each other unit is perfectly capable of taking care of itself). This prevents animosity from hindering any plans i may or may not have at the cost of only a few rowdy boyz!

The chariots will generally tag team units or hit in the flanks where possible.

I'm aware that the amulet of protectyness is a bit of a gamble, but I'd be willing to switch it for the 5+ ward as i do have 10 points to spare.

Ah yes the little gobbos in my army. Well thinking about enemy artillary, the 2 spear chuckas are in there to try and target any stone throwers that my opponent may have, as these are the only things that really bother me, fielding an army with so much block infantry...

Other than that, the only thing i'm overly worried about is fear causing enemies, but that's a problem that can't really be addressed with Orcs and Goblins i suppose...

Any feedback would be awesome, seeing as i'm used to standing still for an awefully long time, this advance will be a shock to my system.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

FD

Felworth
11-07-2007, 01:30
Fear?

Theres nothing to fear but a massive wave of howling green death wielding choppas...

At 30 strong your regiments will outnumber any fear causing unit their likely to encounter and the Black Orc leaders will deal enough wounds to keep you on the winning side comfortably. Not to mention your army is ably suited to take advantage of the power of the Waaagh! which lets you ignore fear tests for charging.

Overall its a decent list that takes advantage of the armybooks emphasis on Orc horde armies but it does seem to lack a little of the "crazyness" of a usual OnG army. Yah know, fanatics, spider riders, Squigs, self destructive Orc magic, etc. Not that its a bad thing mind you, just could be a tad boring without some Goblin wackyness.

foreverdancing
11-07-2007, 09:29
I've got some separate ideas for an all goblin list in the pot, A lord who has -4 armour and ignoring ward saves... but that's be my next project, goblins with orc slaves:D

Being used to such a tight army as dwarves, i made the list trying to limit the crazyness. Allowing only for my boss' the ruff up the units and get them in the mood.

I hadn't realised that they were immune to psychololgy on the waaaaagh! That's awesome, cheers for that!

FD

Felworth
11-07-2007, 18:48
I've got some separate ideas for an all goblin list in the pot, A lord who has -4 armour and ignoring ward saves... but that's be my next project, goblins with orc slaves:D

Being used to such a tight army as dwarves, i made the list trying to limit the crazyness. Allowing only for my boss' the ruff up the units and get them in the mood.

I hadn't realised that they were immune to psychololgy on the waaaaagh! That's awesome, cheers for that!

FD

Orc slaves? As in slaves to Goblins?

Something seems terribly wrong with that thought.