PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Beastmen list

Fallen Angel
18-08-2005, 12:32
Ok im thinking of getting into fantasy (40k player). Before i start buying anything, i want to have a fairly decent list in place to work around so i dont buy any useless units. I'm leaning towards a khornate beastmen list though im swayed between that and a tzeentchian beastmen list, i either really want one or the other, not a mix. So without further ado, heres a list that ive cooked up:

1 Beastlord @ 194 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; General; Heavy Armour; Shield
Sword of Might [20]
Horn of the Great Hunt [30]

1 Wargor @ 133 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour
Bloodhunt Horn [30]

1 Wargor @ 103 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour

1 Bray Shaman @ 125 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Magic Level 1
Dispel Scroll [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]

3 x 3 Minotaurs of Blood @ 203 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; Great Weapon; Standard

2 x Beast Herd @ 127 Pts
6 Gors, Standard
1 Foe-Render
12 Ungors

3 x Beast Herd @ 117 Pts
6 Gors
1 Foe-Render
12 Ungors

1 Tuskgor Chariot @ 85 Pts

1 Tuskgor Chariot @ 85 Pts

3 x 5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

5 Chaos Furies @ 75 Pts

Casting Pool: 3

Dispel Pool: 9

Models in Army: 111

Total Army Cost: 1987

fracas
19-08-2005, 12:02
i think part of the problem with the beasties is low leadership
thus i think you ought to take a battle standard bearer

i think bestigors are better buys than minotaurs, similar strength and toughness, and smaller frontage and rank bonus easier to get

nurgle_boy
19-08-2005, 12:33
erm.. the lord seems a little not very good...

why take a sword of might and shield when you can take a great weapon and chaos armour? or some other weapon and an enchanted shield...

i agree with fracas on the minotouirs. maybe drop 6, and take some bestigors, or drop them all and let chairots do the heavy hitting.

corben_da
20-08-2005, 14:32
that lord of yours is very defenseless :( add ward save on it!

WhiteStar
04-03-2006, 17:00
Might I advice you to look at the Herdstone forum. It is active and you'd probably get much more in-depth and numerous replies.

But for a quick reply:

-Bestigors of Khorne, aka. Khorngors, are the only Bestigors worth taking, but they are NOT an optimal choice either way and are very expensive.

-Some may consider you having a Shaman in a Khorne army cheesy, but if you regard him as a "spiritual advisor" it might pass well. IIRC some Liber Chaotica mentioned spiritual advisors of Khorne.

-Three units of minos are very effective, good choices

Overall it looks like a very solid list. The Furies are important, and the chariot team is equally nasty! Good job!