PDA

View Full Version : Model progression

Petrov_101
13-07-2007, 14:28
Having never played a campaign, I don't know what folks commonly do with their models as they gain experience.

Do you actually modify the model as it gains equipment, or do you have multiple versions of the same model as you make alterations?

For example, I want a youngblood Reiklander to get a lantern but I can't start the campaign with one. Would you build up a new model showing him with a lantern for the next game you play or do you change the fig?

Just curious...

carik
13-07-2007, 15:56
I'm just starting as well, and I'm building my models to have interchangeable arms. If you pin the arms, and use PVA glue (Elmers white glue and wood glue have both worked well for me) to attach them, they're removable, but solid enough to play a game with. The only real downside is that it's harder to make the paint line up correctly, so it'll be hard to get your painting up to a really high standard.

Petrov_101
13-07-2007, 16:21
Yeah, I was thinking of using magnets but it's probably more trouble than it's worth. I think I may just fork over the money to build new versions of each hero as I go.

I was curious what experienced players have done.

Catferret
13-07-2007, 17:11
When you build the initial model, give it all the stuff you intend to buy for it. Just say they are out of ammo or need repairs. When they "buy" it they have purchased the necessary parts or whatever.

Davout
13-07-2007, 18:02
I think ahead when modeling for experience.

Leave enough room on the models belt for things like pistols or an extra sword.

For your lantern guy, model him with an open hand, and then put the lantern in later.