PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt DoW Tournement Army - Comments?

ForHire
10-04-2005, 06:39
Hello all, as my first post I figured I'd present my army for review. Don't hold back, let me know how you think it will fare.

Mercenary General
Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armor 126 points

Bearmen of Urslo x15 295 points

Paymaster
Morningstar, Heavy Armor, Shield 63 points

Paymaster Bodyguard x15
Heavy Armor, Halberds, Full Command 180 points

Hireling Wizard
Level 1, Lore of Beasts, Dispel Scroll x2 110 points

Voland's Venators x8 267 points

Light Cavalry x5
Spears, Shields, Musician 85 points

Duellists x12
Pistols, Musician 118 points

Duellists x11
Pistols, Musician 109 points

Maneater
Light Armor, Great Weapon 86 points

Malakai Makaisson's Goblin Hewer 130 points

Kislev Boyar
Great Weapon, Bow 100 points

Kislev Kossars x15
Great Weapons, Bows, Full Command 160 points

Gryphon Legion x5
Full Command 170 points

therat
10-04-2005, 14:06
No pikemen? I likes pikemen.

taer
10-04-2005, 14:51
Wow, that's actually a pretty cool list.

Faust
10-04-2005, 16:25
I like it personally nothing like the usual DoW, no pike men. And it is nice to see the slayer axe thrower being used, never seen one used in any fantasy games so far. Only thing that I can ask is what is the Maneater in there, as in, what are you planning on doing with him?
Faust

ForHire
10-04-2005, 16:59
Thanks guys for they comments. The Maneater is there as a flanker. My plan is to have him run along beside either the Bearmen or the Bodyguard. Once they've engaged the enemy he'll slam in from the side. He also works wonders as a chariot killer.

As for the no pike question, I'm trying to go with a more northern theme for the army. The light cavalry is some converted Chaos Marauders, and I wanted Beorg and the Kislevites to give it that feel.

And the Goblin Hewer? Best 130 points an aspiring DoW general could ask for. The thing can have many names, the Skaven Slicer, or perhaps the Chaos Warrior Wounder, or maybe the Marauder Mauler. Every game I've used it in it has worked wonders.

therat
10-04-2005, 20:53
Skaven slicer, pish posh. We'll see how many skaven it slices when a few gutter runners finish disemboweling dwarfs. *chitters maniacally* I thought it made a cool model though. Northern theme is cool, I've not seen much of that and it'd be great to look at, nonetheless play. I still like pikemen though... if I had the money, I'd make a wall of 100 pikemen and set it against Bretonnia. I hate them...