PDA

View Full Version : 1k Vampire Counts

village idiot
14-07-2007, 20:18
Hi, I'm thinking of re-starting the hobby and am pretty drawn towards Vampire counts, so I threw this army list together. The models are chosen more or less for the modelling possibilities but I want a reasonable chance of winning the odd game as well. So here it is:

Necromancer, Level 2, 100
Necromancer, Level 2, 100

19 Zombies, 94pts
19 Zombies, 94pts
5 Ghouls, 40pts
5 Ghouls, 40pts

6 Black Knights, Barding, Standard, 166pts
6 Black Knights, Barding, Standard, 166pts

Black Coach, 200pts

I think its pretty basic, but is it effective?

Red_Lep
14-07-2007, 20:31
Banshee are usually a better choice than a Black Couch.

village idiot
14-07-2007, 20:41
I didn't put any in for two reasons:

1. I have no idea what they do and I remember Black Coaches being quite deadly and interesting (something about kills and attacks) and I didn't think this army had much punch.

2. I think there are better opportunities for modelling with black coaches, I guess you could do almost anything for a Banshee though.

EDIT: What advantages can I get from Banshees?

Moral Wiz
14-07-2007, 21:07
Hah, I just got told off for taking a banshee. Talk about divided opinion.

Both seem ok. Ethereal makes killing it hard, unless it encounters characters. So, if you win the magic phrase, (which seems probable) keep it away from heros, and you are going to be having fun.

Red_Lep
14-07-2007, 21:18
On most of the threads that I've seen most people say the Banshee is a better choice cause its hard to kill(ethereal). Scream can mess up a unit and if you have a BSB near it can lock a unit.

Moral Wiz
14-07-2007, 21:21
anyway, if you do go with it, take two, and give one of the BK a hell knight.

Ninsaneja
15-07-2007, 07:45
Out of the two choices, a Banshee is better than the Black Coach (with a few exceptions. Against other undead (TK!!!) and against certain horde armies (O+G when low on heroes and Skaven) the black coach is amazing. Avoid heroes with great weapons, slam into units and rack up the kills. Against undead, use only as a combined charge, as it can give you a large amount of non-static res, but to beat undead in one round you also need plenty of static res. Against Skaven, just hit it into things. IT causes terror and gains wounds from being in combat...

Rabban
15-07-2007, 12:22
It depends on your opponents. Against wood elves or demons the banshee is a waste of points and near useless. Against elves the coach is great.

Also, I'd try to get the book of arkhan in, and protect your general. Either buy him a protective item, like the cloak of mists and shadows, or get him a unit of skeletons with a champion to challenge enemy characters. This will take reduce the number of attacks that can be thrown at him. Or do both. :)

Unfortunately you'll need to free up points to do this, You could either weaken the two knight units, or drop one and strengthen the other or drop the coach (and add some other units like wolves).