PDA

View Full Version : Dungeonbowl

caeser21
15-07-2007, 21:56
Hi guys im trying to make (unsuccessfully)a dungeon arena any suggestions?:confused:
Might try advanced heroquest boards instead if i can i get them.

Don__Vito
16-07-2007, 13:44
I picked up the Advanced Heroquest tiles off e-Bay for a quid with the same idea in mind. They are in fact far too small, the tiles are approx 20mm square from memory. One of my clubmates bought a pack of D&D floor tiles from Travelling Man I believe? It was a load of prepunched cardboard tiles in an A4 pack, and they look the business. Perfect size for Dungeonbowl!

If you're interested I'll ask him where he got them from and try and find links if you like? All we have to do is proxy chests (Bits of card) and teleporters (Dice)and we're done! From memory they were only a few quid, definately less than a tenner and enough to do a massive board!

Leftenant Gashrog
20-07-2007, 17:50
I picked up the Advanced Heroquest tiles off e-Bay for a quid with the same idea in mind. They are in fact far too small, the tiles are approx 20mm square from memory.

I wouldnt have said they were too small to be used ~ they are about 20mm in rooms and maybe 22mm in corridors, but they were good enough to play Advanced HeroQuest and Mighty Warriors on, both of which used standard citadel minis on standard 25mm bases.. infact the AHQ/MW Skaven are significantly bigger than the Bloodbowl Skaven

spevna
26-08-2007, 12:16
Adv heroquest tiles get a bit too packed when you get a load of minis in a full on scrummage and when you get big guys involved. We use carved polystyrene tiles and carve the squares at 30x30 mm. Plenty of room.

DigitsDavid
30-08-2007, 10:41
Ben, you've seen my BB pitch, use the same technique to create the dungeon. Tile spacers and exterior paint.

Armydillo978
31-08-2007, 03:24
We've been playing Dungeon Bowl for almost a year now. We've been using D&D tiles. They work like a charm. We even got some treasure chests from Mage Knight and use poker chips (repainted of course) to use as teleporters.