PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings and Power Dice

knightime98
17-07-2007, 06:18
This is a quick question that probably can be answered with a speedy response.

The question is this;

Does a Tomb Kings Army generate 2 Power Dice in their Magic Phase as other
armies do?
- Despite the fact they have no "wizards"
- Despite the fact they can not use them in an offensive way

So, why am I asking?
I ran across a clever TK player who used his 2 Power Dice to dispell in his magic phase a remain in play spell.

I did not have a problem with it as it seemed reasonable. I do not have the TK Army Book. It seems to me that the armies Magic is already a themed part of the costs for characters. All their characters are spell casters to begin with.... So, there you have it. I await your responses.
Your Turn!

pcgamer72
17-07-2007, 06:21
Yes, they get them.

Gorbad Ironclaw
17-07-2007, 06:43
Why wouldn't they?

The two pool dice are in no way dependent on having wizards, every army gets them, no matter if they have wizards or not.

sulla
17-07-2007, 06:49
So, why am I asking?
I ran across a clever TK player who used his 2 Power Dice to dispell in his magic phase a remain in play spell.

Not so much clever as desperate. If TK magic has one weakness, it's that they struggle to kill remains in play spells...

ZomboCom
17-07-2007, 13:59
Even dwarfs get the 2 power dice, so tomb kings do too.

N1AK
17-07-2007, 14:37
To answer the same question again, yes you get your power dice and can use them to dispel remains in play.
It also allows my Dwarves to take one and Goblins to take one by magic item and use it as a dispel dice.

EvC
17-07-2007, 15:11
Of course! It's not a clever Tomb Kings player that uses them to dispel RiP spells, but a foolish one who does not.

totaltyke
17-07-2007, 19:29
Although I agree with everybodys opinion above ;), a friend who collects Tomb Kings argued that they don't generate power dice (probably because I kept saving one of them with the black periapt) and he even claims to have rung the UK rules boyz for a 'definite' answer. They sided with my friend on this argument, so now I can no longer steal one on his power dice in the periapt.

p.s. I know the rules boyz are hardly famed for being 100% with rules, but meh :confused:

lparigi34
17-07-2007, 19:55
TKs do generate power dice, those can be used to dispel RIP or, indeed, to be stolen by enemy artifacts...

EvC
17-07-2007, 23:32
So make sure you hit him with Curse of Years big-time next time you play him.

Also thanks for yet more evidence that the rules guys know less about the rules than the rest of us :D

N1AK
17-07-2007, 23:37
I lived with a "rules guy" at Uni, one of the best learnt lessons of that year was that GW staffers are just gamers not super human rulebooks with legs. They want to help, but it's not like they wrote it, speak to the person who wrote it or get special training to become psykers capable of withstanding the weird and scary place that is Gav Thorpe's mind so they can go in there and find out what the feck he was thinking *shudders*

Grimtuff
18-07-2007, 00:04
Although I agree with everybodys opinion above ;), a friend who collects Tomb Kings argued that they don't generate power dice (probably because I kept saving one of them with the black periapt) and he even claims to have rung the UK rules boyz for a 'definite' answer. They sided with my friend on this argument, so now I can no longer steal one on his power dice in the periapt.

p.s. I know the rules boyz are hardly famed for being 100% with rules, but meh :confused:

Yeah, because their ruling is 100% concrete and won't change the next time he rings up :rolleyes:

WusteGeist
19-07-2007, 06:16
Every army generates 2 casting dice, even dwarves. Also TK do just fine against remain in play spells. First they can generate a fair number of dispel dice and secondly the Kanopi is just ace for taking out RIP spells.

EvC
19-07-2007, 10:42
Well if you're saving 3-4 Dispel Dice to be used to dispel an RiP spell two phases after it's been cast, then that's not the wisest use really! What's the Kanopi do?

Des
19-07-2007, 10:46
(Arcane Item) Bound Power 4, dispels all RiP spells.