PDA

View Full Version : Beast Cowers vs Tomb Kings Urgency

knightime98
17-07-2007, 09:37
A remain in play spell, "The Beast Cowers" is on a Tomb Kings Chariot unit. The spell says that the unit may not move at all. In direct contradiction to this is the Tomb Kings Urgency spell which allows them to move or charge. So, this begs the question, what should the result be. Should the TK player get to charge or does the remain in play spell The beast cowers win out. I love the direct contradictions.... GW never thinks of this stuff and leaves the door wide open to interpretation..... Your Turn!

ehlijen
17-07-2007, 09:53
I believe that the incantation simply grants them a second movement phase for the unit in question, ie it would have to obey all the usual restricitions on moving such as terrain and magical effects.
So if the beast spell states that the unit cannot move for the next turn, then it cannot move.

knightime98
17-07-2007, 10:04
I found the answer to my own question. The spell says that they will not move until the end of their next movement phase other than to flee. The key here is that it is until the end of their Movement phase. After movement, the spell ends, and the TK magic phase begins. The spell after looking at it again is NOT a RIP spell.

Atrahasis
17-07-2007, 10:34
It is useful to note here that if one spell contradicts another the last one to be cast takes precedence.

So, in a case where a unit is magically forbidden from moving, that spell can be dispelled by forcing the unit to move with a spell.

pp110 BRB