PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point Chaos Army

Slaaaaaanesh
17-07-2007, 14:31
This is an army which I think should play quite well:

First 1000 points:

1 x Exhalted Champion on Steed of Slaanesh (Sword of battle, Shield)

1 x Chaos Scorcerer (Lv 2) (will sit in the Chaos Warrior unit)

13 x Chaos Warriors (Musician, Standard bearer)

6 x Chaos Knights (Musician, Standard Bearer)

1 x Chaos Chariot

7 x Chaos Warhounds

2 x Chaos Spawn

Theming wise this will 'grow 500point increments rewarded by Slaanesh as they achieve victory in his/her name

+500pt will then add roughly:

Mark of Slaanesh for the Champion and scocerer and Warriors

Fiend of Slaanesh upgrades for the Chaos Spawns

12 x Daemonettes
6 x Mounted Daemonette riders

Final +500 points to a total of 2000 points will bring:

Rending Sword for the Champion (replaces sworrd of battle)

Mark of Slaanesh and Chosen for the Chaos Knights

Chaos Giant

20 x Chaos Maurauders (Musician, Standard Bearer, Chieftain, Mark of Slaanesh)

This army really feels like it grows and progressesed attracting more favours and Troops and should be fun to play with and against.

So what does everybody think?

Little Aaad
17-07-2007, 17:33
try a greater demon? but yea it sounds gd

Slaaaaaanesh
17-07-2007, 23:11
I would consider a Greater Daemon in a 2000+ army, rumour has it that they are not all that effective or was that in 40k?

How would people suggest that I develop the army further based on the army that so far?

Horus0001
17-07-2007, 23:27
Quite a small army imo. A small group of footsloggers and not really a tonne of cavarly either.

The giant seems to be sinking a lot of points however i have had no experience on how they play so cant really comment.

The warrior unit is quite small, and in under 2k you are not supporting it with any number giving troops, they are pretty easy pickings for your oponent (the rest of your army moves much faster).

Take feind upgrades on your spawn always, but you dont really need 2 spawn. They are not as impressive as they read on paper in my experience, little more than speedbumps (oponents that are aware of this usualy take them out quickly).

You have a total of 3 dispell dice and no scrolls, quite an open feild as far as magic goes. Consider adding 1 or 2 scrolls to stop magic from ruining the last stage of your manouvering.

A keeper of secrets is not that impressive, slow moving without flight and therefore can be avoided and its a massive point sink. You could have a 2nd knight unit+ some marauder horsemen (or something) for that and it would do more damage.

Anyways, mad ramblings at 12.30am from me, hope i made some sense.

popisdead
19-07-2007, 20:30
you have two units and a chariot. you're going to get picked apart by any general who knows how to use his army.

Slaaaaaanesh
20-07-2007, 17:57
you have two units and a chariot. you're going to get picked apart by any general who knows how to use his army.

I'm a little confused, I assume you are referring to the initial 1000 point list. Don't you think that the Champion on Steed of Slaanesh, Warhounds and spawns or the Lv 2 Wizard count?

I've tried to put together a balanced army, did you have specific army types in mind which would cause particular trouble?

Thanks for your input though I value your comments :)

Little Aaad
20-07-2007, 20:01
I suggest starting witht the 20 marauders and putting warriors last?

Slaaaaaanesh
20-07-2007, 23:07
OK I will do a rethink with Marauders, what kind of troops in the 1000point will make good back ups for the Knights, will the Chariot and Champion on slaanesh support enough?

In fact should I make my army more mobile? i.e. more chariots and knights, Marauder horsemen rather than haveing half troops and half 'fast' moving?

austin1985
16-08-2007, 22:14
i love it all. YEAH!!!

athamas
17-08-2007, 08:27
OK I will do a rethink with Marauders, what kind of troops in the 1000point will make good back ups for the Knights, will the Chariot and Champion on slaanesh support enough?

In fact should I make my army more mobile? i.e. more chariots and knights, Marauder horsemen rather than haveing half troops and half 'fast' moving?

yes, a half and half ary does not work, you need to be one or the other...

daemonkin
17-08-2007, 11:56
I love my horsemen.
Fast cav with the only missile troops in mortal chaos - run them down a flank and throw S4 axes in opponent's flanks - flee the charge and auto rally. Great!

Love big blocks of marauders in my Slaanesh force, useful for supporting the warriors - I usually have a small unit of gt weapon marauders supporting a flank of my marauder big block.

D.

Belerophon709
18-08-2007, 12:15
As for you genereal's gear as it evolves, if you're gonna keep him on the Steed of Slaanesh, the berserker sword is the way to go imo to rack up attacks. Has more general usefulness than the rending sword as well.

athamas
18-08-2007, 12:40
i recently tried the berserker sword and found it very usefull,

send him into the front of fast cav and you get 7 attacks... you should be able to kill the 3 in contact with you.. making a mess of the unit and hopefully winning the combat

Slaaaaaanesh
09-09-2007, 16:50
After a few 1000point games I have decided to replace the Exhalted Champion's steed of Slaanesh with a regular Chaos warhorse and will lead the Chaos Knight unit.

The Chaos Chariot has been removed and replaced with a 20 strong unit of Maurauders.

And from the latest posts I will test the berserker sword too.

Thanks for your help guys

Belerophon709
10-09-2007, 12:56
After a few 1000point games I have decided to replace the Exhalted Champion's steed of Slaanesh with a regular Chaos warhorse and will lead the Chaos Knight unit.

The Chaos Chariot has been removed and replaced with a 20 strong unit of Maurauders.

And from the latest posts I will test the berserker sword too.

Thanks for your help guys

The berserker sword won't do nearly as well if he's not mounted on a steed of slaanesh - the 50mm base let's him get into contact with more models. On a regular chaos steed, he's better off using something else...