PDA

View Full Version : Slaaneshi Eldar, tournie painting blog.

bananaman
17-07-2007, 19:05
Reet then, been after painting up a 40k army for a while now and have finally started work on one. I need to get 1500 points finished for Cardiff in Sept.

I like me Slaaneshi stuff (really?), and I like the Eldar minis so it seemed to make perfect sense to me to combine the two into some funky theme.

The theme (in short) is an Eldar strikeforce has travelledto some distant planet or other guided by their Farseer. An ancient evil rests there and will awaken soon (improsened by the Eldar after the Fall.). Anyhow the Farseer dropped a bollock and got his timing wrong (was drunk when he read the runes). As they arrive the Daemon Prince of Slaanesh awakens.

Full of warp infused power he consumes the Eldar souls (leaving their soul stones black). They are now automatons, puppets to his will.

Right, so that explains why Harlequins are in the list, OK? :wink:

I don't want a mutated to the max, claws and tentacles army. This is an army recently enslaved, the malign infulence of chaos has only taken a small toll on their appearance so far. I still want the ace Eldar minis to speak for themselves, so not too many conversions (but still a few :wink: ).

Main colours are purple, blue, ruddy brown and gold.

Anyways some pics........

I have a new digicam as I broke my old one. Still getting ti grips with it but seems OK. All the minis are better in real li.....yadda yadda. :P

The Chosen.

Dire Avengers.

As these guys are the chosen I used the SLaanesh Lord's head on them. Works rather well I think, it is the same size as the reg head and has the plumes to boot. A subtle influence of Slaanesh already taking place.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/timmy002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/timmy003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/timmy004.jpg

The Cultists.

Pathfinders.

Only one small conversion here (the talon, my favouritist bitz ever). Expect a few of those.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/timmy001-1.jpg

bananaman
17-07-2007, 19:06
And a WiP of my Avatar, sorry Daemon Prince :twisted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/timmy005.jpg

And a quickie of Karate Kid Harlequin.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/timmy006.jpg

Arsonist18
17-07-2007, 19:47
Very creative. The paint job fits really well too. Not too hot on the avatar/daemon prince, but nice work on the overall amalgamation of your force. Look forward to seeing more pics.

skidrow
17-07-2007, 19:58
:eek: These are stunning. Man that would take me a year to paint anything that looked half as good as these. Damn you !!!! :D

Keep it up..... really nice work.

Luthien
17-07-2007, 20:26
Thems *******' awesome man, really, really cool :D

Ravenheart
17-07-2007, 20:54
Nice idea, very very well executed. I particulary like the Avat ... daemon prince.

But how come, you got the new Slaaneshi standard already?

Gdolkin
17-07-2007, 21:15
Do a Death Jester with the same talons ;) Nice work.

Melchiah
17-07-2007, 21:17
Woow, thoughes look wickied.
How are you fielding them as choas or as eldar?

Dark Apostle
17-07-2007, 21:24
Holy Bananaman! This is nice indeed, might just be the first thread I subscribe to. Both the painting and the conversions are really great. Keep it up!

Some Muppet
17-07-2007, 21:31
gr8 work here, i love the idea

what paints r u using?

Green Shoes
17-07-2007, 21:32
Wow! This is the coolest Slaanesh-themed Eldar army I've ever seen!

But... I, too, would enquire as to your ability to aquire the new Slaanesh icon before it is out?

Anardakil
17-07-2007, 23:23
Woah! Awesome! Just awesome! Such painting and conversions! :O

Your Evil Twin
17-07-2007, 23:50
Briliant work! I to love Eldar and have a soft spot for slanesh so i will be folowing this closly!

The conversions are subtle yet briliantly executed and the painting/chioce of colours is also gtreat! Kudos in general realy..

Are you planing any aspect squads or tanks? and if so what will they be like?

And lasty you must include some of the "noise marines" theme (electric guitars etc) e.g. dark reapers with noise blasters would look awsome! (IMO)

Looking forward to seeing more!

Your Evil Twin

silveryfox
18-07-2007, 02:37
That is just lovely, Eldar and Slaanesh is such a beautiful mix. Might have to steal a bit of your paint scheme :)

Keep 'em coming.

the_dark_sarge
18-07-2007, 02:38
wow
brilliant stuff
that daemon prince is ace

kieran

Strelok
18-07-2007, 02:41
Incredible job on these guys, very creative, effective conversions and awesome paint jobs to match.

freebooter
18-07-2007, 06:53
Very nice :)

I love the blues you've managed to get there.
The bone works well with the purple too.

bananaman
18-07-2007, 07:50
But how come, you got the new Slaaneshi standard already?

I used to work at HQ until last year and a mate(s) of mine worked there until last month when he was made redundant. All the 40k chaos stuff is flying around HQ already and has been for some time(some of it is really rather nice),most of the time you get pre release freebies to paint up or play with. This was a spare bit he had from the sprue.

what paints are you using?
I'm using GW, Coat D'arms and Valleo paints. Whatever floats my boat really.

Are you planing any aspect squads or tanks? and if so what will they be like?

Yeah (see below), I only have a few conversions, it's mainly a 'new cult' rather than one from a crone world in the Eye of Terror, so few mutations.

The current list I am gaming with is this....... It's for a 1500 pt tournament in Cardiff Spet 8th/9th

10 Avengers, Exarch with twin cats, bladestorm.
Wave Serpent, stones, TL shuri cannon, shuri cannon.

6 Pathfinders

6 Warp Spiders, Exarch, twin spinners, deep strike.

6 Scorps, Exarch, Scorp Claw, infiltrate, move through cover.

10 Harlies, Seer (kiss), Jester, 4 Kisses.

2 Prisms, holo fields, stones.

War walker, shuri cannon, star cannon

I'm enjoying the list, it has a bit of most things. The twin Fire Prisms are a bit tasty.:D

I'm thinking of dropping the Wave Serpent on the Avengers for a Farseer with Fortune so he can run with/behind the Harlies casting Fortune. As they aren't in a Falcon (will be at the Heat, but this is a friendlier tourney) they get shot up quick even with the Veil. Thoughts?

Bjorn Stormwolf
18-07-2007, 11:02
Holy Moly they are nice.... inspired Dire Avenger conversions there.... seems a fairly solid list to me but you're right about the farseer, they're too nasty not to include somewhere.

Binabik15
18-07-2007, 11:25
Yeah, Ive seen those over at The Glass Cabinet, but Im not registered ^^

So Ill comment here in

OMFG WANT!!111!!one!1addonemoreone! Erm, I mean excellent painting, blending the Eldar and Slaanesh aspects together so well that it seems natural for them to be like that.

Now, is there any progress on your steampunk Khorne? If not, shame on you for making everyone (or, more important: me) wait :angel:

Marovian
18-07-2007, 11:32
Can I just say

Jesus

Tap-dancing

Christ.:eek:

I think they are some seriously cool minis. The whole army will look pretty special when done.

Killgore
18-07-2007, 11:38
very impressive, i wish you many a victory

bananaman
18-07-2007, 12:56
Now, is there any progress on your steampunk Khorne? If not, shame on you for making everyone (or, more important: me) wait

All the stuff I was working on is now painted. I finished them a couple of months ago, but my old digi cam had an argument with the kitchen floor and lost!

I'm not at home this week, will update the Steampunk DL next week.

Working on the Warp Spiders at the mo, should hopefully have them finished by tomorrow (I'm going blind painting the bone). I just wish I had seen Dark Apostle's excellent Spider conversions when I was buying the minis, I would have nicked his conversion idea straight away! :lol:

Strelok
18-07-2007, 15:55
Do you mind posting a link to your khorne log? This is the first log of yours I've seen (and I'm damn glad I found it, as your stuff is quite excellent)

silveryfox
18-07-2007, 16:21
Scouted the WWW after some more of your work (I like your style)

Found your Slaanesh Army but couldn't find painted pics of your DP, mind posting it? Looked great, it is flayed ones claws you use all the time? :P

St.Germaine
19-07-2007, 16:26
This is a truly great day! Stumbled onto two different threads here at WarSeer about my two favorite 40K themes not getting official treatment, 40K Undead and Slaaneshi Eldar. Wahoo!!

Very nice scheme and spectacular execution. The Daemon Prince does look a little bland in the WIP stat it's in at the moment but I suspect that it will be amazing when finished.

MeatGrinder
19-07-2007, 17:06
Those are sweet! very nice conversions, i think i like the pathfinder one the best

calcipher
19-07-2007, 17:11
Ive always wanted an army with that slaanesh champions head! awesome!...dont think I would have chosen eldar but fair play as they are stunning.

bananaman
28-10-2007, 15:48
Sorry for the long delay, the army is finished but I am a lazy person.

Warp Spiders
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/slaanesheldarmkii001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/slaanesheldarmkii002.jpg

War Walker

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/slaanesheldarmkii013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/slaanesheldarmkii014.jpg

The army won best painted at Cardiff Carnage, but missed out on a nomination at Heat 1 (just missed out on the last spot).

I took some photos of the rest of the stuff, but I haven't dullcoated them yet and the pics were the worst for it. Will sort in about ooh, 6 months time! :lol:

silveryfox
28-10-2007, 16:22
incredible! :)

Don't let us wait 6 months though ;)

Mad Larkin UK
28-10-2007, 17:10
Hehe i saw this army in RL at The GT heat 1. How did u do overall??

Earthbeard
28-10-2007, 17:11
Lovely looking stuff.

Aegius
28-10-2007, 17:17
very clean, I like it. I was dubious about the theme at first, but the way you have done it has proven that my initial thoughts of the concept were wrong. keep up the good work.

Marovian
28-10-2007, 17:59
That it was pretty special looking army.

bananaman
29-10-2007, 08:48
Thanks for the replies folks. I'm off sick today :( so I may Testor's the rest of the guys and get me up later.

Hehe i saw this army in RL at The GT heat 1. How did u do overall??

I cam 45th. I lost my last game by just 21pts off a draw, my Fire Prism rolled 3 1s in a row to turn up in escalation, failed to turn up and counted as destroyed for VPs. So that was a 320 vp turnaround (160 for the loss and 160 for a scoring unit) had he turned up it could well have turned the game and given me a win. I would have finished about 12th-15th with a win. All so close!

I had a great time though and all my opponents were sound as a pound.

I also just missed out on a nomination for the last 6th spot available. A pity really but there was some very very nice armiest here as I'm sure you are aware. Talking to one of te organisers later those that just missed out on a nomination may get a wild card later. Will have to wait and see after Heat 3 when they announce wild cards.

Funny thing is I qualified for the WFB GT Final in 18th place, but I can't make that date! I can make the 40k GT Final though! Sod's law.........

AbyssRaven
29-10-2007, 09:13
Amazing job. i love the paint scheme and the sublte conversions and hints at slaanesh.
ana amzing force you have there

bananaman
29-10-2007, 11:14
OK, I'm off sick today (poorly boy). So I thought I would make myself worse by inhaling some Testor's fumes! :lol:

Striking Scorpions. (these and the Rangers are my faves I reckon)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/slaanesheldarmkiii001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/slaanesheldarmkiii002.jpg

Farseer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/slaanesheldarmkiii003.jpg

Farseer and Exarch

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/slaanesheldarmkiii005.jpg

bananaman
29-10-2007, 11:15
The Troupe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/slaanesheldarmkiii006.jpg

Dramatis Personae

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/slaanesheldarmkiii007.jpg

Big Daddy (I can't get a decent pic of him, hard to focus on the mini and it looks darker than it is IRL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/slaanesheldarmkiii008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/bananamantimfisher/slaanesheldarmkiii009.jpg

Just the tanks left to sort out now, need a bit of drilling and stuff to get the brass rods to keep thet anks in one place as they are 'flying'.

Shinobi_8745
29-10-2007, 11:29
Sweet sweat of Khorne, this Slaanesh concept on the Eldar is astonishing, I love them! And I love the use of the Necron flayed one talons, used one of them myself for my Eldar Pirate for the Inquisitor game (makes a nice Agoniser).

And the Avata- Daemon Prince... It's pure love, I will so make a ripoff from the head you made, since I'm making a god specific prince of each god from the Belak'or mini myself.

And at last I have a quick question... Will you make an Autarch for your force? If you do I hope there'll be more claws...~<3

TheOverlord
29-10-2007, 12:45
They're so... color coordinated! :D

Awesome work, just awesome work.

The Wildchild
29-10-2007, 12:53
The Farseer and Harlequin troup look absolutely amazing, the Slaanesh head works so well!

Any chance we could see a picture of the whole army?

bananaman
29-10-2007, 13:21
Thanks for the comments guys, I will try and sort out an army photo once I get round to basing the Fire Prisms.

Now, is there any progress on your steampunk Khorne? If not, shame on you for making everyone (or, more important: me) wait

I just updated that blog! :D I don't have a thread on Warseer so please excuse the cross forum link to the blog......

http://warhammer.org.uk/PhP/viewtopic.php?t=27432

Marovian
29-10-2007, 20:18
I am just in awe of this army, it makes me want to get on the GW website and spend stupid amounts of money on a Eldar army. If you aren't in with a really good chance of best painted army at the tournament that is for, there is something wrong with the world

malika
29-10-2007, 20:26
Hmm, personally I was hoping for more daemon influenced stuff since the Eldar are so darn fragile to Chaos, but heck...they look amazing! Might be an idea to try out later, sort of count it as an advancement of the storyline as that the Eldar become more corrupted. Create Chaos Champions who are sort of daemonic (doesnt have to be) and count them as Phoenix Lords. I also noticed that the red color looks very much like mascular flesh, you might want to include a more "fleshified" armour for some of your warriors. :)

Are you going to include Jetbikes? Might want to make them by mixing Dark Eldar and Eldar jetbikes, the Dark Eldar jetbikes look faster, but the Eldar front of wings are more fitting.

Triggerdog
29-10-2007, 20:37
I like the overall premise behind it. Makes me imagine what some of the Eldar would have been like during the birth of slaanesh. nice color scheme as well, especially the flesh toned armor on the Scorpions.

Jester Boy
29-10-2007, 21:07
Great Idea and great execution! Can't wait to see more.

silveryfox
29-10-2007, 23:07
That's so cool!
More!

Mr.chair
30-10-2007, 00:07
Your bone is incredibly well done (as is the rest), and chance on a tutorial?

bananaman
30-10-2007, 09:09
Thanks again guys.

I have clawed through all the junk on my painting desk and found my recipe sheet. I don't normally bother with one of these, but it's getting harder and harder to keep things in my head!

Wraithbone.

Basecoat; Graveyard Earth (spray white undercoat)

Ink wash with watered down Peat Brown ink (Winsor & Newton) and a drop of glaze medium.

Coat everywhere except the recesses Graveyard Earth + Coat D'Arms bone (or bleached bone but I find the CDA stuff is a different, richer shade) 50/50 mix.

Keep adding more bone for subsequent highlights till you get to pure bone then keep adding white for subsequent highlights until you get to pure white (just on the very edges).

Keep all the coats thin, milky thin is best. There are a lot of highlights on the bone, but I reckon you could do it in 3 or 4 stages and get the same result.

If you ever get a transition that looks too stark, give the bone area (ooh er missus) a wash with very watered down graveyard and a drop of glaze medium.

The army is done for now (bar the piccys of the Fire prisms). In the future I may add a unit of Fire ragons in a wave serpent, a falcoln a bike Autarch and some Jet Bikes so I can pick and choose stuff rather than take the same list all of the time. I will wait for the new Jetbikes to come out (the ones at Games Day) even if it's a while. Then I will pimp them up somewhat.

I will wait a while first though, painting this lot broke me!

Mr.chair
06-11-2007, 02:56
Hope to see those fire Prisms soon. This army looks fantastic! Thanks for the bone tutorial.

cyrus
06-11-2007, 06:16
very nice work. I like the colours...Those necron claws work well don't they? I used some on my Dark Eldar characters...

Crisis_Core
06-11-2007, 06:30
Absolutely beautiful work sir, easily one of the best examples of why to get an eldar army. I'm sure those would look amazing on the table top. Can't wait to see the fire-prisms!

Mr Kibbles
06-11-2007, 08:59
Love your theme and colours of your army! the blue is lovely.

MF3000
06-11-2007, 10:29
Gosh this is amazing work man. Speechless really (no really I deleted everything I've written and the sentence you've just read is all I thought I should say).

sj

ArtificerArmour
06-11-2007, 11:05
Amazing. I lovewhat you did with the Belakor model too. Amazing work.

Novogord_Vivendi
06-11-2007, 12:14
Do you let that big bossy count as an avatar of war? Or a possesed model? And a really nice theme and very well executed.

VainEnd
15-11-2007, 03:59
these are amazing models, great conversions, simple but totally effective. Great paint scheme

Leonathion
15-11-2007, 23:01
Please post a wide pic of the army lined up for battle! This is really nice :D

jams86
10-04-2008, 12:17
this army is looking fantastic, i especially like the harlequin troupe.

ssorck
10-04-2008, 14:29
Very cool, especially like the avengers and the farseer. The Slannesh Champ head works great with these guys.

Oh, and consider the elongated DP head idea stolen...:evilgrin:

Smokedog
11-04-2008, 19:08
Just spotted this thread looking for inspiration to start painting my army again...

Very inspirational indeed!

tempestice
12-04-2008, 18:12
wow...great army, I love the theme!

my favorite eldar troops are the harlequins soooo

i am in love w/ those the most..keep it up =)