PDA

View Full Version : blocking marches

skavenguy13
10-04-2005, 11:30
I was just wondering, does it take US5 to block marches? I mean, I kind of remember seeing this in the rulebook, but a lot of people say a single assassin can do it.

Festus
10-04-2005, 12:53
No, it does not take US5, it simply takes any enemy model, regardless of US, LoS or any other requirement. As long as an enemy is within 8" at the start of your turn, you cannot march (if you are not Dwarf).

Greetings
Festus

Forgotmytea
10-04-2005, 13:17
Lone assassins, Wolf Riders, Dire wolves, light cavalry, skirmishers and other small units are very good for this. I find they're also nearly always positioned for a devastating rear/flank charge eventually... :rolleyes:

EvC
10-04-2005, 22:01
Skirmishers/ lone characters can still move double pace even with someone nearby though, right?

anarchistica
11-04-2005, 00:05
Yes. Dwarfs, skirmishers and US1 units can always march.

skavenguy13
11-04-2005, 12:29
thanks guys
*prepares lists with units of less scouts as possible*
:D

EvC
11-04-2005, 15:35
Yes. Dwarfs, skirmishers and US1 units can always march.

What about mounted lone characters? (I'm not asking to be difficult here, I'm just wondering cos I have a mounted necromancer and I'm just wondering if he'll have a full 14" movement even when he's away from the general or near to enemy troopers, which may save his bacon!)

taer
11-04-2005, 16:18
Nope, only on foot. Sorry

St1
12-04-2005, 05:12
Does that also aply to Ogre Character? and if yes any idea on ware i can look for the rule so i can quote it to a friend?

anarchistica
12-04-2005, 13:16
Does that also aply to Ogre Character? and if yes any idea on ware i can look for the rule so i can quote it to a friend?
Yes. It's in Chronicles 2004.

Atrahasis
12-04-2005, 13:33

The OK book clearly states the rules for single model's movement.

anarchistica
12-04-2005, 13:40
That says nothing. The whole "single model" thing was done with a while ago, now it's "monsters and skirmishers".

Festus
12-04-2005, 19:59
Hi

If you look closely, the chart in the annual refers ONLY to single models.
It says what single models of their type can and cannot do.

The list expliscitly states that models in units follow the units' rules, apart from the exceptions given. The chart is the last word on single models.

Greetings
Festus

Neknoh
12-04-2005, 20:11
The absolutely best Marchblockers must be Shaggoths, Giants and Dragons though, especialy if you gets them in behind the enemy.

US 6 mega monster that is causing Terror at your rear while big, screaming and bloodthirsty horde at your front... if you don't have cannons, what do you choose?

anarchistica
13-04-2005, 00:52
Hi

If you look closely, the chart in the annual refers ONLY to single models.
It says what single models of their type can and cannot do.

The list expliscitly states that models in units follow the units' rules, apart from the exceptions given. The chart is the last word on single models.
Yeah, it replaces the single model thing with the chart. Like they replaced single model in Steed of Shadows with US1 model, etc.

Meh, you know what i mean, GW refering to single models is only confusing.

To answer the question: Ogre Characters move as Monsters and those have a 90 degree vision arc, can't march if enemies are within 8" and can't turn on the spot if charged while not in combat yet.