PDA

View Full Version : How good of a deal is the Raven wing box?

Darwin_green
18-07-2007, 06:48
I pretty much just saw the ravenwing box and I almost just decided on dark angles right there.

I dont have any access to a codex right now, but how good of a value is it, and how many points come in it?

Darkseer
18-07-2007, 06:54
Very good.

Get 3 and the master on his jetbike, some special weapons and 3 powerfists and you have a good 1,500pts force.

victorpofa
18-07-2007, 11:31
Each box comes with one complete Ravenwing Attack Squad. Six bikes, one attack bike, and one land speeder plus two Ravenwing sprues. The bits on the upgrade sprue can also be used to make a land speeder into the Master of the Ravenwing Land Speeder.

I would go with Darkseer's suggestion and get three boxes plus Sammael on Jetbike or a 4th land speeder to upgrade into Sammael in Land Speeder.

That's what I did :)

VetSgtNamaan
18-07-2007, 12:37
I know according to Canadian prices if you price everything out you get the landspeeder and sprues for free by buying the box over getting them separately.

Callmechow
18-07-2007, 16:19
you'll save around 25-30 us dollars. Without any upgrades to the squad it'll giive you a little less then 400 points. Not a bad deal, course some of the other boexes give you better.

Alpharius
18-07-2007, 16:37
Not bad actually, as many GW box sets in the past really didn't save you anything other than the "trouble" of buying all the parts separately...

NickWeed
18-07-2007, 17:00
It isnt that bad and if you add a few more units you have a pretty good army right there

Darwin_green
18-07-2007, 18:08
Well... my gaming group was getting into combat patrol, so the box set sounds about right.

I can Battle-wagon-bitz all the command stuff to make a commander.

oohh...... Ogre Kingdoms... or RavenWing(first)..... Tough call....

doc_norway
19-07-2007, 00:15
...plus two Ravenwing sprues.

:confused: My box had three Ravenwing sprues...

Doc

AngryAngel
19-07-2007, 00:24
Basically you get the ravenwing sprues and landspeeder for free with the box, so for me, I think its definatly a must grab. If your a DA that is.

Bean
19-07-2007, 01:49
Definitely the proper way to buy Bikes. Though bikes went from 15 bucks a piece to ten with the introduction of the Ravenwing Bike Squad Box (three bikers and the Ravenwing sprue for 30 bucks) the Ravenwing Army box is still, at least, a free landspeeder and set of accessory sprues with your bikes and attack bike.

Compared to old bikes, it's a free speeder and a free attack bike!

Anyway, it's all been said before, I see--and everyone who said it before is right. Fantastic deal.

chaos0xomega
19-07-2007, 02:13
You know this thread is REALLY tempting me to go buy 3 Ravenwing boxes and Sammael. Initially I planned to use the Ravenwing rules to do a wierd AdCustodes army that rode around on lizards, but since the rules are the same, why bother going the extra mile with ridiculous cool conversions, when I could just as easily have another full army to play with for only 300 bucks?

fwacho
19-07-2007, 03:52
I bought four ravenwing boxes a landspeeder and a preditor. The extra landspeeder became my MotRW. I bought the boxes early so I had 3 raven sprues in each as opposed to current two. (that extra sprue was a sweet bonus that I used.) If you make a MotRW out of the landspeeder in the set you are talking 525 points out of only the contents in the first box. and 420 in the subsequent boxes. spend some dough a t battel wagon bits and you can puick up some flamers and plasma, and plasam pistols to further your point investement.
I thinkit's the best deal GW has ever put out baring the OLD eldar battle force when it was selling for $90 US.

As has been said already it's like gettting an attackbike and landspeeder for free. a $50 vlaue. (add in assault canons and that becomes a $60 freee stuff value) Buy in bulk and save 20% and you are talking some serious savings. I got the aforementioned items I used for under $350 US. Freaking sweet deal.
if you buy mulitple boxes you may want to take three models and convertthem to banner-bearer, apothocary, and a librarian.