PDA

View Full Version : The Dominus Ex Machina

Pages : [1] 2

Dominus Ex Machina
18-07-2007, 17:44
So, what could this here be then? The Dominus Ex Machina... well you know Dominus Ex Machina is my nickname, you instantly associate it with logs updated at speeds that even a snail would laugh at. But you know that the wait just might be worth it... at times. This time however you can count on that it will be worth the wait, I guarantee it! This is the "secret project" that has been mentioned at times in my other logs. And soon you will know what a terrible secret it is (terrible for the enemies of the imperium that is).

firstly though, I wish to tell you that I have set up some "conditions" for myself, to keep me going. Since I know that you think that my logs are painstakingly rarely updated, I know it is so, I have sworn not to shave my beard until this project is finished! At some time it will look horrible and I will not be able to show myself in public, that ought to keep me going...

Anyway, back to that Titan. It will be a project of great magnitude and complexity... oops, I said it didn't I? Oh well that happens, I am going to build and paint a Mars Pattern Warhound Titan, ordered from ForgeWorld (since I lack the god-like scratch building skills of some of the people on this and other boards I had to). To prove it, here's a picture of the venerable Titan transport vehicle, which just now arrived from the Forge World:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/IMGP3074.jpg

And the contents of said transport (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/IMGP3077.jpg) with some minis for size comparison. I and SC talked about no one showing any decent pictures of their forge world bought Titans, or the Titan parts so I will have plenty of picture updates along the way of building this beast for you.

However, this will be a one of a kind Titan, and I'm not fumbling in the darkness alone here, I've brought in some support all the way from Argentina (or well, I didn't bring him in, he's staying there). Let me introduce the second star of the show, ladies and gentlemen, I give you.... Freak Forge! Aye, it is true, Freak Forge will be sculpting details for the beast (if they can still be referred to as "details" on this monumental scale), some of his early concept sketches can be found via links bellow:

I (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/titanI.jpg)
II (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/titanII.jpg)
III (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/titanIV.jpg)
IV (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/titanV.jpg)
V (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/titanVI.jpg)

There have been some minor changes from these sketches, for example the scroll that reads "Machina Spiritus" will read "Dominus Ex Machina", with "Ex" appearing on a small scroll in front of the angel, a little below the ends of the two other scrolls. And if you haven't figured it out yet, the titan will be named Dominus Ex Machina, hence the thread name. However it is important to me that Freak Forge can put his name on there too since he is taking a big part in the project, and he said he was going to work on that. He is currently working on some sketches for the top carapace-like armour since the original idea he had with a balcony up there didn't really stick with me. I have so far only thoroughly cleaned the parts Freak Forge is going to work his magic on from the mould release agent and will be cleaning them up from mould lines, vents and all other kinds of hell there is on them.

I must add that it was a difficult choice between the loyal war hound and the chaos one, the chaos interior is lovely and glorious in it's own way (if you haven't seen it, visit forgeworlds web-site and check it out) but I like Freak Forges gothic and old imperial style so many thanks to Freak Forge for saving my soul from the chaos temptations and eternal damnation...

So, this just might be the longest intro post in the 40k forum ever but well, this is the end of it, I expect Freak Forge to make his appearance and elaborate on his sculpting plans in due time. I will post updates whenever there is one.

PS. I think it’s pretty cool that you get a license for the Titan when you buy one from FW, this one has number 877.

Light of the Emperor
18-07-2007, 18:18
Huge resin kits!
Have fun cleaning up the model...if its anything like my thunderhawk, it'll have a lot of sprue stubs and mold release agent.

I'm looking forward to the titan. Good luck!

Deadleyheadley
18-07-2007, 18:54
Looking forward to seeing this monster be built and to see what you do witht he paint job :) Good luck mate :)

scrubout
18-07-2007, 18:56
2We're off to a good start I see... spamming already...

Yay for spam! Quick, make progress and post an update before the dreaded 5 o'clock shadow sets in! Make haste to make the spam less prevalent!

I look forward to this my dear Dominus.

*edit*: I've gotten a hold of some old titan legion (I think?) pdfs...if you want them for color scheme reference just drop me a pm with your email address.

-scrubout

FreakForge
18-07-2007, 19:08
Well , like I said to Dominus via E-mail ... This will be Titanicus.

i will keep you updated on this thread about the progrees on the sculpting work.
At the same time Dominus will updated the paint progreess ( " Oh! how marvelous is the World of the Web " said the Eldar Farseer until donwload some MP3 for the Falcon crew).

Dominus and I we will try to give the best of us in this project.

Thanks

FreakForge

HAIL TO MARS !

kermit
18-07-2007, 19:09
I too am subscribing.

This will be a very nice project log to follow along with.

Now... if we want you to have a very long beard by the end of this, we will have to get FreakForge to work VERY slowly!!! (Well I don't know you at all other than these forums, so please I mean no insults by this... just some evil thoughts.)

hiveminion
18-07-2007, 19:49
firstly though, I wish to tell you that I have set up some "conditions" for myself, to keep me going. Since I know that you think that my logs are painstakingly rarely updated, I know it is so, I have sworn not to shave my beard until this project is finished! At some time it will look horrible and I will not be able to show myself in public, that ought to keep me going...

I think you should post weekly pics of your face just so we can verify you're keeping yourself to this.

Anyway, good to see this finally starting, it's even more awesome than I expected. And I already expected it to be more awesome than expected!
@FreakForge: fantastic sketches, I've always found the titan's armour a bit plain and not imperial enough, this should look great!

Really looking forward to more!:)

cthorpe
18-07-2007, 21:24
Hi Guys.. subscribed..

As the owner of a partial Titan legion (2 Forgeworld Warhounds, and an Armorcast Reaver) I shall be following this thread with great interest..

And no doubt spitting with envy.. this is quite a combination of talent..WOW

Good luck guys..

Best wishes..

Carl

tinfoil
18-07-2007, 21:38
Oh man, am I excited about this thread!
Love the concept sketches -- particularly those of the pilot/princep dude.

Some guy (UK)
18-07-2007, 22:21
That box is very intimidating!

By the looks of things this one is going to be a sight to behold.

Good luck with the project.

titan136
18-07-2007, 22:24
oh my, if you can paint up the warhound to the same standard as the rest of ur stuff this is going to be a project to behold indeed

Dominus Ex Machina
18-07-2007, 22:25
Thank you everyone for showing an interest!

I dropped you a PM scrubout, I'd be very interested in that pdf file since I haven't decided on how to paint it yet. I must say that the Titan is bigger than I imagined it at first... I'll probably have to pick up one or two additional paint pots.

Oh, I'd like to add that (as always) I will not be using an airbrush, pigments or anything NMM (the last one out of principle, everyone seems to be doing it now days so I will not). In fact, besides paint, all I will use is my trusted size 1 and 2 daVinci Maestro series paintbrushes and some black primer. I might, now seeing the size of the thing, consider buying a larger set of brushes though, judge for yourselves :eek::

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/PerhapsIneedbiggerbrushes.jpg

I think you should post weekly pics of your face just so we can verify you're keeping yourself to this.
No, that would feel awkward... however I do have to prove it at some point, there'll be a picture of that when it's done (i.e. not soon)

Again, thanks for showing an interest and I’ll be counting on your support/help when needed. It’s still some time left before I have to decide on the pose of the Titan, and I’m still undecided. It will have to have a scenic base and I was thinking about having him walking around in some ruins. However I’d like any and all suggestions you guys can muster about pose, scenic base and paintjob (I’ll have a look in that pdf file when scrubout sends it and maybe I’ll find something there but I'd till like to hear your suggestions). Let’s here em’ people, I need you *points finger*

Thought for the day: Labour long in His sight

FreakForge
18-07-2007, 22:34
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/PerhapsIneedbiggerbrushes.jpg

Look at this armour plate , take a couple of minutes ... because never more will look SO clean :evilgrin:.

FreakForge

deathwing_marine
18-07-2007, 22:43
I'm definitely watching this. It'll look amazing judging by your Marines and Death Korps.

BDJV
18-07-2007, 22:51
Very Kool, I'll be watching closely!

Gonfrask
18-07-2007, 22:54
Well Freak those sketchs are great, this promise to be a great work, and if Deus is the painter the result will be amazing.

But I must say that Freak could not do that if he would not have had a little help...Am I wrong Freak? Jajajajajajajaja (I just love to be bad...)

brother alinski
18-07-2007, 22:55
now this is gonna be good!

Karnage
18-07-2007, 23:47
I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the finished article here, could be something very special indeed :D

thewizardofoz
19-07-2007, 02:42
Do you paint everything with those brushes, Dominus?!? those things are big compared to what i use, and your minis are so much better! how do you get such detail with such big brushes?

and about the beard, you should grow it anyways, really big and long. like a dwarf. then put braids in it like a dwarf. that would be cool.

I can't wait for this to be finished, so i may have to go into cryo-sleep for a few years so i don't go insane from the wait. atleast SC isn't doing it, or i'ld have to wait even longer.

kaimarion
19-07-2007, 02:57
You get it easy try painting a chaos hound....
that still isnt finished:(......
and I got it a year and a half ago.

Anyway good luck with your project I know cleaning the thing is a bitch and then you have to assemble it and the most hated of all parts BASECOATING damn it takes forever and is so damn boring but after that you get to paint the damn thing:)

Dominus Ex Machina
19-07-2007, 07:29
Thank you everyone for your replies :D

Well Freak those sketchs are great, this promise to be a great work, and if Deus is the painter the result will be amazing.

But I must say that Freak could not do that if he would not have had a little help...Am I wrong Freak? Jajajajajajajaja (I just love to be bad...)
I have full confidence in Freak Forge and I think he'll pull it of just fine. No as a matter of fact I think he will pull it of excellently.

Do you paint everything with those brushes, Dominus?!? those things are big compared to what i use, and your minis are so much better! how do you get such detail with such big brushes?
Everything, you name it, from small eyes to tank turrets. The trick is to only use the very tip of the brush, it will last longer and stay sharp n' pointy when you paint (which is a good thing). However, although I think it would be fun (in a personal way) to paint a Titan using only these brushes... I realise that the result matters more, and I'll need bigger brushes. At least for the larger parts...

You get it easy try painting a chaos hound....
that still isnt finished:(......
and I got it a year and a half ago.

Anyway good luck with your project I know cleaning the thing is a bitch and then you have to assemble it and the most hated of all parts BASECOATING damn it takes forever and is so damn boring but after that you get to paint the damn thing:)
I can tell that it will be lots of work with cleaning the parts, assembly seems fun though... basecoating does not... I don't expect to be finished with this thing anytime soon, but the aim is to have it done around Christmas... since I'll enter military service in January, which would spell doom for the project since I'd only be able to paint on the weekends.

I'll try to clean up the parts for Freak Forge to work his magic powers on first so I can send them to him as soon as possible. Then the construction of the mighty feet will begin... (I've been told that they are 24 pieces a piece?!?)

Thought for the day: Iron in mind and body! Hail the Machine!

Dark Apostle
19-07-2007, 12:04
Yeay, is it going to recieve the same dirt-realism as your other work ? Anyway it will be great, of that I'm sure. But I really think you should invest in some bigger brushes to easily get a smooth finsih on the larger areas (and save yourself alot of time).

*Subscribes*

Dominus Ex Machina
19-07-2007, 12:44
@ scrubout: :D Well, what can I say, thanks.

Yeay, is it going to recieve the same dirt-realism as your other work ? Anyway it will be great, of that I'm sure. But I really think you should invest in some bigger brushes to easily get a smooth finsih on the larger areas (and save yourself alot of time).

*Subscribes*
Why of course! Dirt, rust, scratches, the full kit. I know, I know these things are lovingly taken care of by the Adeptus Mechanicus, but let's face it, after a prolonged battle even the mighty Titans will be dirty and they should have a fair share of scratches too. Rust, it's my trademark, I can't do without it, it is needed (everything I paint for myself has rust, even the lowly DKoK troopers have it on their helmets). I don't feel like defending myself here, I like rust, it's plain and simple. However, nothing is set in stone. Freak Forge will have a huge impact on the painting and the general 'feel' of the Titan, I may very well decide that after seeing his (no doubt awesome) efforts a cleaner look would be more fitting.

I will paint it in sections, no way I’m painting it all at the same time, that would be excruciatingly boring. This means that there will not only be WiP posts but also PiP posts rather soon.

Thought for the day: Iron in mind and body! Hail the Machine!

Brother-Captain Antilles
19-07-2007, 12:51
I'm very much looking forward to seeing the WIP (and the PIP of course) on this Dominus, as your painted minis on the other threads are excellent.

BTW, how do you do your rust?

Gonfrask
19-07-2007, 14:34
I also have full confidence in Freak, his works are always very good so I have no doubts that he will show us wonderfull converted plates

Hive Fleet Spectra
19-07-2007, 15:01
Good luck on this Project Dominus. It will be interesting to watch as it unfolds, I hope to start my own PL when my dwarfs get here so I can empathise(sp?) with starting such a task in the public domain.

Also those concept sketchs by FreakForge are excellent, kudos on those :).

As for the pose. It must be quite difficult to figure out how to position it, Having it walking over or into a building would be cool as you have suggested. It would be cool if you had a half crushed tank on its base just behind where its feet are, with half of its body mashed into the floor and the other half sort of juting up (if you get what i mean). Though you would need a spare tank you could mutilate ;).

calcipher
19-07-2007, 15:38
DOMINUS!! My man! I cant paint anything until I move back to England....this thread and your skills will provide me all the entertainment I need until then. Good luck and gods speed to your project.

FreakForge
19-07-2007, 20:48

Let me introduce yourself ... GONFRASK the man who made all this madness possible ...

WHY?

He send GS when i running out of that precious epoxy stuff , hehehehe.

Dominus ... I always think that this model is gonna to be Dark-Rust-Red , isn´t?

FreakForge

Dominus Ex Machina
19-07-2007, 22:24
BTW, how do you do your rust?

Normaly I tell you everything you guys ask, but I have so many ways of painting rust that it's almost ridiculous. The most common I can cover easily though: I mix bestail brown with a little bit of dark flesh, then I thin it down untill it's almost a wash and apply it around rivets or wherever I want it and use a fresh clean brush to drag the paint out while it's still wet to create the impression that the rust is runing or just to get a smooth transition between the colours.

I couldn't resist putting this together (only by pinning, no glue yet mind you). And devastator squad "Defaeco pallens" (purge the weak in Latin) was more than happy to set up near the hull to get a better sense of scale:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/IMGP3101.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/IMGP3103.jpg

And well, here's the princeps (who I still haven't removed the flash from I can see now...)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Princepsfromconcepttoreality.jpg

If anyone has a particular part they want a picture of just ask and ye shall recieve.

I've cleaned all of the freak forge parts, I'm going to look into how and how much it will cost me to send him the parts tomorrow.

Dominus ... I always think that this model is gonna to be Dark-Rust-Red , isn´t?
Whoa well I don't know *puzzled look on, as of yet well-shaved, face*... Hahaha, this is were we have a problem, I really can't decide. I've actually been contemplating on making it red, like really ad-mech red... but.. I'm also tempted to go for a more "this is a vehicle of war"-look, with realistic colours and all the yummy details picked out in strong contrast so you really see the sculpting made by the Freak :D

schoolcormorant
19-07-2007, 22:51
wow, just wow the devastator squad look useless next to the titan :D

have i missed something? is this you're titan or freakforge's or are you commisioning freak forge for the GS work? :)

SC

Dark Apostle
19-07-2007, 23:01
So Freak Forge will convert the princeps too? My my, this is getting better all the time. Now my fingers are itching to work on something big - I just need to get a job first. Or maybe I can speed paint some Necrons for someone who doesn't pay enough...

Gonfrask
20-07-2007, 00:49
Let me introduce yourself ... GONFRASK the man who made all this madness possible ...

I didn´t wait such words but I thank you. But that did not avoid that it criticizes your work :evilgrin:
In Serious, I just love the princeps´ sketch because thus the Titan will look that really belongs to the Adeptus Mechanicus, and not to the Imperial Guard

MAD MAN-A-TRON
20-07-2007, 02:14
Lookin' really good. I can't wait to see more of that warhound painted.

sheep
20-07-2007, 03:08
WOW, really big secret :D

As the proud owner of a Chaos titan (still unfinished :( )all i can say is good luck, and i know you'll do an incredible job, both of you.

Cheers

Sheep

dean
20-07-2007, 04:09
Here is my color scheme for the Legio Mallet or Imperial Hammers. All the rest of my Legion has gone walkabout in a buddies basement.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/vets456011.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/vets456010.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/vets456009.jpg

Considering I did it 12-13 years ago, it doesnt look too bad.

Dominus Ex Machina
20-07-2007, 10:12
wow, just wow the devastator squad look useless next to the titan

have i missed something? is this you're titan or freakforge's or are you commisioning freak forge for the GS work?

SC
I'd like to think of it as our Titan (mine and the freaks) however I am paying for everything yes, so I am commissioning him, in a way. I'll be the one keeping the Titan, and I'll be the one who takes it to Golden Daemon at some point (I wonder, if we were to win something, would we get two trophies, one for the freak and one for me? Has an entry with two creators ever won before?).

So Freak Forge will convert the princeps too? My my, this is getting better all the time. Now my fingers are itching to work on something big - I just need to get a job first. Or maybe I can speed paint some Necrons for someone who doesn't pay enough...
hahaha, ah yes, let's all laugh at me for a moment :evilgrin: The necrons are still not finished and I'll have to finish them before committing myself to the Titan wholeheartedly. So I'll put in a higher gear and finish them off as soon as possible.

I didn´t wait such words but I thank you. But that did not avoid that it criticizes your work
In Serious, I just love the princeps´ sketch because thus the Titan will look that really belongs to the Adeptus Mechanicus, and not to the Imperial Guard
That's what I think too, the princeps sketches are awesome, no doubt. it will have a very ad-mech 'feeling' to it, or rather a Titanicus 'feeling'... I'm just undecided on what legion (if any) to paint it as. Maybe the war griffons (the legio Titanicus based on the forge world Gryphone), but there are things I don't like about their scheme either. (thanks scrubout for the pdf's with the colourschemes)

WOW, really big secret :D

As the proud owner of a Chaos titan (still unfinished :( )all i can say is good luck, and i know you'll do an incredible job, both of you.

Cheers

Sheep
Quite big yes :angel: I didn't know you had a Titan!? Why are there no pictures of it available, surely it looks great (although unfinished) beeing a work of yours.

@ dean: thanks for the pictures mate, not sure I like the combination of colours, I was thinking that we'd have more muted colours like the green you have but not like the blue. I know it's a big war-machine and all but I don't think you need to make it even more visible with bright colours. Although the prospect of a very dark ad-mech red scheme is getting more and more appealing to me... Right now it's between military green with realistic colours and the ad-mech red for me... or maybe the scheme of the war griffons... I shall be talking about this 'problem' with freak forge and hopefully we can decide on something. I might have to try out the varuious colourschemes on something else before deciding.

Anyway, thank you all for your replies. Progress on my side will slow down with me going on vacation for almost three weeks next wednesday and untill then it's necron time. I will send Freak Forge his bundle of joy so he will be solely responsible for the entertainment untill I return and have finished the Necrons.

Wayfarer
20-07-2007, 10:37
I don't know about across the ocean (though I'd assume it's the same) but over in the US you cannot enter a GD unless you are the sole creator of the entry.

Dark Apostle
20-07-2007, 10:48
hahaha, ah yes, let's all laugh at me for a moment

Oops, maybe my bitter close-to-midnight mood made my last post a little sarcastic. I didn't mean to offend you.

Looking forward to see the greenstuff - I'm sure it will be entertaining!

sheep
20-07-2007, 11:48
I wonder, if we were to win something, would we get two trophies, one for the freak and one for me? Has an entry with two creators ever won before?

That's what I think too, the princeps sketches are awesome, no doubt. it will have a very ad-mech 'feeling' to it, or rather a Titanicus 'feeling'... I'm just undecided on what legion (if any) to paint it as. Maybe the war griffons (the legio Titanicus based on the forge world Gryphone), but there are things I don't like about their scheme either. (thanks scrubout for the pdf's with the colourschemes)

Quite big yes :angel: I didn't know you had a Titan!? Why are there no pictures of it available, surely it looks great (although unfinished) beeing a work of yours.

I think i can remember an entry in the German GD being a team, husband and wife, entry. Moloch is his user name, he models she paints (from memory) but i think you only get one statue.

There are no p[ics because i'm not happy with how it look and it not finished, how does one strip resin?

I'd personally paint it dark red, but then i'm biased because thats the colour of mine :D

Cheers

Sheep

Brother-Captain Antilles
20-07-2007, 12:10
I understand there was quite a furore last year following the UK GD (with a couple of Demons picked up by joint entrants), that the guidelines for this years are very clear - essentially you cannot enter anything that you have not done all by yourself (I dont have the wording from the relevant WD from a few issues back in front of me). I suspect that this will be carried over into other GDs

FreakForge
20-07-2007, 17:49
Dominus can you post a rear view pic of the "caparace armour" ?... it will be really helpful to me (sketching TIME! ).

FreakForge

Rictus
20-07-2007, 18:10
how does one strip resin?
Carefully.

Naturally I shall be following this avidly. Anything that involves FF or Dominus is worth watching so when both are involved it should be awesomeness incarnate.

Dominus Ex Machina
20-07-2007, 19:25
Naturally I shall be following this avidly. Anything that involves FF or Dominus is worth watching so when both are involved it should be awesomeness incarnate.

Well that is our aim ;)

About stripping resin, I use simple green. Works great for me, is non toxic, can be flushed down the sink, will not corrode your minis or hands away and it smells good. just let your minis have a bath in simple green for a day or two to be on the safe side, then use a toothbrush (preferably not the one you use for your own teeth) to gently scrub the paint away, it will come right off.

Freak Forge, here's your "rear view":
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/Rear1.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/Rear2.jpg

EDIT. oh yeah, and the parts are not glued, some not even cleaned from mould release stuff. Just quickly put together so freak Forge can work on the sketches.

Cheatah
20-07-2007, 21:32
My jaw is already halfway to the floor so I don't want to be around when there will be some real sculpting and posing and painting done, because I'm sure I'd need to go downstairs to pick it up.

Really looking forward to this!!!

thewizardofoz
20-07-2007, 23:06
ya know, im excited about this, but i've been thinking, and i don't remember seeing any of FreakForge's work. i followed his link in his sig, but there wasn't much sculpting there.

anybody got a link to some of his work?

cthorpe
21-07-2007, 00:04
Hi Dominus.. and freakforge..

I'm following this thread with VERY great interest..

You mentioned a predominantely RED colur scheme for your Titan.. Have you thought about perhaps the Titan legion, 'Legio Ignatum'..

Attached are a couple of pictures that may help.. I'm sure your combined skills could come up with an inspired variation on this..

Best wishes,

Carl

Gonfrask
21-07-2007, 00:33
(I wonder, if we were to win something, would we get two trophies, one for the freak and one for me? Has an entry with two creators ever won before?).

Yes!, but only one can present the mini and take the prize:D

tagsta
21-07-2007, 00:53
oh this is so awesome.. two of my favourite artists on warseer... my jaw drops...
I'm so jealous about the model.. I wanted to buy my own mars pattern before but realized that it is veery expensive

Rictus
21-07-2007, 01:33
then use a toothbrush (preferably not the one you use for your own teeth)
Good idea, use someone elses.

Those pics of the rear are nice to see, not often you get to see a Titans rear end. Anything else interesting that side worth seeing?

DaCone2
23-07-2007, 11:47
This is going to be stunning!
How long do you think it will take to clean it up?

RedSarge
01-08-2007, 03:55
Awesome! You're sooo lucky to own a Titan. Might I suggest that you paint the head in a red or blue color different from the main body? A Warhound Titan in an Apocolypse poster has a similar scheme and it looks great.

Arhalien
01-08-2007, 21:46
So this is the top secret project! And to think that I've still been waiting to see what it is when it's been here all this time! :o

KayvaanShrike
01-08-2007, 22:59
Where does the Princeps sit then? Behind the head yeah? Could you get a pic up of that area? Because I know that in an Emperor the 3 main crew (2 Moderati, and 1 Princeps all sit in the head and look out through the eyes, but the Warhound looks too small for this? And is the Princeps the only crew model in it?

schoolcormorant
01-08-2007, 23:03
just so you guys know, Dominus is on holiday at the minute, visiting relatives i believe. he will be back in a couple of weeks.

SC

Aquilla
01-08-2007, 23:08
Kayvaan: The warhound is the same as the emperor. Though if you compared it to a real dog's head, the moderati sit in the jaw and the princeps sits where the brain would be.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/matitan.htm
Theres a pic of it open there.

Rictus
01-08-2007, 23:09
just so you guys know, Dominus is on holiday at the minute, visiting relatives i believe. he will be back in a couple of weeks.

SC

Yeah and the little git better bring back the present he promised he would get for me.

Chaos_Minds
02-08-2007, 02:59
This looks great and its not even built! When painted, I think we will have reached the peak of awesomeness.

Dominus Ex Machina
15-08-2007, 21:55
Alright, I've got one foot primered and ready for painting and have begun building the leg. Now since it's painting time I really need to decide which paint-scheme to go with. Personally I'm more and more liking the war griffons paint scheme, and am more or less leaning toward this paint scheme at the moment. It took some getting used to but the longer I looked at it the more it warmed up to me (thanks to scrubout who provided the picture):

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/wargriffons3warhoundrr0.jpg

The other colour scheme I'm considering is the red one, as done on the one found on Forge Worlds website (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/matitan.htm), excluding the black/yellow hazard striped top armour section, which would be red on mine. Some of you might think that it would be too much red and to plain, but consider that Freak forge will be (or is maybe, I haven't heard from him, but pieces are sent) sculpting details all over the place which will be picked out in nicely contrasting colours.

The third scheme I very much like the idea of is a nice military green scheme, like the red one but green instead. With nice natural matt colours to go along with the green.

Or should I do something new? If so suggestions are welcome.

Which one of the four do you think?

Arsonist18
15-08-2007, 22:08
I'm leaning towards the war griffons (is that the one in the old scan?). I think the red looks rather boring, and some other log is off and running with a military green.

Even though it wouldn't fit, I think a Phantoms scheme would kick ass too. Look forward to whatever you decide DEM.

MIGHTYPanhead
15-08-2007, 22:10
Forgeworld have already done a warhound in the griffon scheme here (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/wolfclass.htm)

Should be of some use I think? :)

Looking forward to how you and freakforge finish this beast

Ciaphas Cain
15-08-2007, 22:13
I agree. The War Griffons scheme looks phantastic, not too colourful yet not dull. Great choice.

Cheers

CC

PS
The FW one would look better if the yellow parts would have a different colour (ie red) I think. Still awesome though..

Gonfrask
15-08-2007, 23:17
Why not a Pre-Heresy Legio Mortis?¿? :P

Animerik
15-08-2007, 23:20
I think you should go with your own scheme it looks better and I think a split scheme would be awsome. the one you shown look to old school wit hthe yellow and that.... anyway you choice I would love to see it in you scheme or in good ol red and black adeptus mechanicus style

Dominus Ex Machina
15-08-2007, 23:54
Why not a Pre-Heresy Legio Mortis?¿? :P
I'm interrested, do you have a picture or a description of their colour scheme?

I think you should go with your own scheme it looks better and I think a split scheme would be awsome. the one you shown look to old school wit hthe yellow and that.... anyway you choice I would love to see it in you scheme or in good ol red and black adeptus mechanicus style
Making it in the phantoms split scheme could be interresting... I'll have to give that some consideration as well. For the War Griffons scheme I was actually thinking more white than grey (although still speckled, if that's a word, with grey like in the scaned picture) and gold, not yellow for the mid-section. Gold is probably a bad idea for such large areas though...

I'd like more info on this Legio Mortis, or indeed any other titan legion (except for the war griffons, morning stars, flamming skulls or storm lords which I've already got some info on thanks to scrubout). So if anyone knows of a colourscheme of any other legio or better yet has a picture please share it (pm or post here, I don't mind)

Gonfrask
16-08-2007, 00:38
I'm interrested, do you have a picture or a description of their colour scheme?

Let me ask to my living-librariums (akka: friends with a lot of old background), but I think it was basicaly black.

Gonfrask
16-08-2007, 13:54
Well, interesting links

* Heresy colour scheme (perhaps, i don´t read german)
Legio Mortis − Lexicanum (http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/wiki/Legio_Mortis)

* Chaotic Titan
CoolMiniOrNot - Deathlasher Chaos Reaver titan by Epicast (http://www.coolminiornot.com/116697)

I don´t find preheresy pics...

Dominus Ex Machina
17-08-2007, 00:39
Thank you very much Gonfrask, but I find it a bit plain to just leave so much of it black.

I was hoping that there would be a majority favouring one particular colour-scheme and thus perhaps make my choice easier, it seems that this was not to be. I run a project log of this Titan on several forums and well, there just isn't any majority for any particular scheme (or well war griffons do have a slight lead). So I decided to do what I so often do on other ocations, I test them out (the colour-schemes I can come up with that is) to see which one "feels" and/or looks best. So far I have done this:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/titanpedicure.jpg

Please keep in mind that this was hastily done all in all in less than 30 minutes, I'll re-do them all when I've decided on the final scheme. The left one was not mentioned before, it is grey. I plan on painting the large middle piece in the griffons scheme but this is what I've done so far. I'm really liking the green middle toe. Red has a couple of disadvantages in my oppinion: rust won't show on it and chipping looks odd on it (at least when I try) so red would have to be kept relatively clean, and that's not really what I want.

But it's your oppinions I want so please hand them to me. Griffons scheme will be added in a day or two (I'll probably add some scratches n' stuff too before I decide)

schoolcormorant
17-08-2007, 00:44
not red, please :cries: do you know why the forth road bridge is red? so it doesn't show rust.

i like the green, very much so.

perhaps a poll?

SC

Dominus Ex Machina
17-08-2007, 01:03
perhaps a poll?

Aye, a poll would be in order, once I have examples of all the schemes I think I'll set one up.

hallowed_are_the_ori
17-08-2007, 02:06
God you're an awesome painter

Dark Apostle
17-08-2007, 09:25
I'd go for the green!

Still learning
17-08-2007, 10:27
Green by far, but I wouldn't mind the grey one either. Either way its down to you....

Off topic: Did you know that your user name Dominus Ex Machina came up in my IB english class yesterday, it was in refference to a technique that the french playwrites used to "explain" coincidences? am I right?

DigitsDavid
17-08-2007, 10:31
Green. Grey is not bad but large areas of grey are boring. Red is too much.

hiveminion
17-08-2007, 10:38
Green. Grey is not bad but large areas of grey are boring. Red is too much.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Now I've got nothing else to say...

Dominus Ex Machina
17-08-2007, 10:38
Thanks for your input guys, much appreciated. Green seems to be the most favoured out of these three, we'll see if I can manage to make a good griffons colour that beats it...

Off topic: Did you know that your user name Dominus Ex Machina came up in my IB english class yesterday, it was in refference to a technique that the french playwrites used to "explain" coincidences? am I right?

Actually I'd bet that the name that came up was Deus Ex Machina, which has a bunch of cool meanings (and was my intended user name from the begining). If you google it you'll get a bunch of information on it.

jasevx
17-08-2007, 10:45
Yup green, Its a subtle shade that will work with the height of the model

Marovian
17-08-2007, 11:07
I say the green one, looks more realistic for some reason, although the grey is good too.

KayvaanShrike
17-08-2007, 12:27
Green!! Out of curiosity could you do a scale shot between a Marine or Gaurdsman and the foot?

sheep
17-08-2007, 12:53
Green for me too.

Cheers

Sheep

Thorny
17-08-2007, 12:55
One problem with the war gryphonnes they got eaten by a hive fleet (Forgot which one)

jasevx
17-08-2007, 13:08
Supposedly so did the Squats, even tho GW screwed up, the Squats Homeworlds were around the eye of terror, and the Nids never got that far.

Fluffs there to be bended, Sythes of the Emperor and the Lamenters got annihilated by the Nids, but alot of people still play them.

Dominus Ex Machina
19-08-2007, 01:37
You know what, I really like this green scheme, plus it's easy and fast to do. I think I'm going to go for it, I added scratches, proper rust and cleaned up some areas to it and I'm very satisfied. I took a bunch o' pictures but most looked really bad since I had to do with poor lighting and it's too late for me here to take new ones. But here's the one that came out somewhat good (and shows a brass etched eagle from forge world that has been added to either side of the large toe):

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/Titan-toe-green.jpg

I'll try to get a better picture tomorrow, this will have to do until then.

schoolcormorant
19-08-2007, 01:52
yay Green!

thank you god/allah/jesus delete as applicable:D

SC

Metal Fingered Villain
19-08-2007, 01:56
That is lookin real ace, now hurry up and get those pieces done by freak so we can see you slave away with no personal life and finish painting! No seriously, this titan is going to be out of control.

the_dark_sarge
19-08-2007, 01:59
Wow nice work Pete

sheep
19-08-2007, 03:30
Looks a good 'un Dom.

Are you going to mud up the bottom of the feet though?

Cheers

Sheep

thewizardofoz
19-08-2007, 03:32
your name is Pete, Dom?

anyways, yes. green=good. go for it.

well. what are you waiting for? i said go for it! NOW! pleeze?

hallowed_are_the_ori
19-08-2007, 03:38
Sexy titan leg

Dominus Ex Machina
19-08-2007, 15:38
Thanks guys :)

Are you going to mud up the bottom of the feet though?
I feel slightly offended, you should know me well enough by now to know that of course it will have plenty o' mud :D But the reason I haven't put any on yet is because I haven't decided 100% on how to model his display base, I have a pretty cool idea that doesn't allow for any mud... it will be... very original if I go through with it... anyway, mud will be the last thing to hit the model in my painting process, it usually is.

Anyway here's an other picture of the toe, I've decided 100% to go with this scheme so I'll start painting the rest of the foot like this. I will also continue to build his legs, but since I made a promise to the inhabitants of the Bolter and Chainsword forums to paint up the crew today I will have to do that first...

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/Titan-toe-green-2.jpg

(and yes thewizardofoz, my name is Peter, but all English speaking acquaintances of mine call me Pete :) )

Rictus
19-08-2007, 20:51
(and yes thewizardofoz, my name is Peter, but all English speaking acquaintances of mine call me Pete :) )

I don't call you Pete.

Nice toes. Lovelerley.

Dominus Ex Machina
19-08-2007, 21:42
Thanks Rictus, and I know you don't, but you seem to be an exception to almost everything...

As promised (for once) here are the moderatii:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/Moderatii.jpg

I think that I'll re-paint the gloves on the moderatii closest to the camera in some brighter colour, brown maybe? Suggestions?

Comments and critizism most welcome.

Dominus Ex Machina
19-08-2007, 21:43
+++ deleted by inquisition +++
(don't know why, but my last post double posted itself)

hiveminion
19-08-2007, 21:47
Given that even one toe looks so stunning the finished Titan must be...well I can't even find a good enough word for it. The gold especially looks amazing. Oh and the weathering...wow. Just wow.

This is going to be the best Titan ever. Ever! Judging by a toe!

EDIT:

Holy ******* ....:eek:! Those Moderatii are just...again, the gold on the helmets, I'm lost for words...

You just became my favorite miniature painter...and what's best, I've got about 99% of a Titan to look forward to! And I can't wait to see some of the stuff FreakForge's making!

thewizardofoz
20-08-2007, 02:08

like spiderman? mind if i call you that? i don't mean to insult you, because your painting is so un-friggen-believable the emporer himself couldn't do a better job, but it was just the first thing that popped into my head upon hearing peter. (spiderman's real name is peter parker. did any of you see spiderman 3? OMG it was not as good as it should have been. venom was a disappointment)

and i second hiveys loss of words.

sheep
20-08-2007, 04:03
Grey primer?

They look fantastic, i agree the gloves on the closest Moderati need to be brighter, only marginally though, maybe a dark leather.

The Imperial titan doesn't come with crew on the interior does it? Are you painting the interior or sealing it?

Cheers

Sheep

Dominus Ex Machina
20-08-2007, 08:22
Many thanks for your kind words guys, I'm glad you like the work done so far :)

@ Sheep:
Black primer.
The imperial Titans all come with crew and interior details. The different patterns has different Princeps models (I think, there is at least two different ones) but all have the same moderatii (the two guys I've painted). It would be a true shame to seal off the interior, it's simply to good looking to even consider that (for me at least) so painted it will be! And besides, freak forge is going to make a Titan tech-priest to fit inside there :D

Today I hopefully can get crackin' on the rest of the foot

the_dark_sarge
20-08-2007, 08:31
hey pete
go on msn
also those crew men look awesome

cthorpe
20-08-2007, 20:24
Those crew are looking awesome..

If I may ask, just how did you paint the gold on their helmets because that is a great colour..

Best wishes,

Carl

Dominus Ex Machina
21-08-2007, 22:20
Rictus has challenged me to finish the foot tonight, a prize has been promised. He's on.

I shall post updates untill the time that the foot is finished, starting with the first picture 00:00, my time (that's one hour ahead of England).

So, you've got a foot to look forward to tonight...

doghouse
21-08-2007, 22:26
Looking amazing, the more I see of this beauty the more I want one...
The moderati look fantastic, as strange as it sounds I'd love to stay up for the foot but I've got work in the morning. :D

synapse
21-08-2007, 22:31
i agree with doghouse: the more i see this this thread the more i want to buy my own warhound... must resist urge.

and the gold on the moderati looks stunning.

Dominus Ex Machina
21-08-2007, 23:00
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/IMGP3522.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/IMGP3523.jpg

doghouse
21-08-2007, 23:14
Wow! That's awesome mate, I stayed up especially to see it!
(can I go to bed now?).

schoolcormorant
21-08-2007, 23:16
i'm aroused.

SC

Rictus
21-08-2007, 23:30
i'm aroused.

SC

I always had you down as a foot fetishist.

thewizardofoz
21-08-2007, 23:37
thats hawt.

school's nawt (place, not SC)

Dominus Ex Machina
22-08-2007, 00:00
Thanks guys, sorry about not having time to write a thanks to everyone for commenting before, I just barely made it (just look at what time I posted the reply, 00:00 exactly, for me). Here's some gold added:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/IMGP3524.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/IMGP3525.jpg

You may go to bed Doghouse, everyone else, many thanks for the compliments (I take it as a compliment from you SC... :))

schoolcormorant
22-08-2007, 00:14
thats hawt.

school's nawt (place, not SC)

careful, that sounds like gay talk, don;t know what you're fellow arkansasians (meh?) would make of that.

i hear mobbage!

Dominus, you're painting could arouse the pensioner, who's testicles had been ground between paving slabs and cast to the wind, or his wife, who's healed over.

yeah, good stuff

SC

thewizardofoz
22-08-2007, 00:34
careful, that sounds like gay talk, don;t know what you're fellow arkansasians (meh?) would make of that.

no gay talk here, just mocking certain celebrity who copyrighted it (or something similar)
and they would rape me with a bible. probably. or just cast me out or drown me in holy water. pick something suitibly brutal and christian. :D :) :( :cries:. and i believe it is akansonians, or arkansans, or 'who the hell cares, no one talks about arkansas' people. no one really does care, they just call em cowntry fowlk.

oh dear! this is dom's titan log! and i've spammed it! i thought this was SC's place! WHAT HAVE I DONE!! EMPORER FORGIVE ME!

Dominus Ex Machina
22-08-2007, 00:47
The emporer may have forgivness for your soul thewizardofoz, the one and only Emperor on the other hand will smite you with righteous wrath for misstyping his name :D

I'm sorry guys, I won't finish it tonight, I just realised that I haven't glued on all the pistons for the toes, the pieces aren't even primered... so it feels rather pointless to go on. I'll finish it tomorrow instead (and everone should know, it does not feel good to let Rictus win.... next time however pistons shall be glued on from the begining *mumbles*).

I've finished the gold, begun painting the skulls and the small pistons that were glued on. I also started painting the large 'vents' kinda things on either side of the sole for the foot (large centre piece to which the toes are all attached).

More progress to follow later tomor.... today I mean, later today. I will prime and paint the remaining pistons, paint scratches, finish the vents and paint some dirt on there when I get time for it.

So there, I give up, Rictus wins... don't you get used to it :evilgrin: And I didn't even get to know what prize I'd get if I finished it :cries:

MIGHTYPanhead
22-08-2007, 00:51
It's things like this that enforce my preference of real metallics over non-metals.

I absolutely love your gold! :)

The green is fantastic as well, but the gold out-shines it. (blaaarg, pun!)

Dominus Ex Machina
22-08-2007, 01:03
Thanks MIGHTYPanhead, I'm glad to hear you like the gold. I too prefer real metalics over non-metals. Not saying that I don't like NMM but given the choice between them i choose metalics. I don't know why, but in my experience real metalics look better than NMM in real life, while NMM look outstanding in pictures - if properly executed.

hallowed_are_the_ori
22-08-2007, 01:32
Looking good Dominus

sheep
22-08-2007, 01:38
Metallics all the way baby!!

Looking good Dom, I love your weathering work, always have.

Keep it up son.

How much of a bitch are the little pistons?, cue much swearing when i did it.

Cheers

Sheep

asmodai_dark86
22-08-2007, 03:02
I dunno whether to feel inspired because of the quality, or depressed for the same reason - Rictus has talked me into buying the same Titan, and whilst I knew it was going to be over shadow this kinda takes that to the next level. Im looking forward to the rest of it fella, very nice work.

thewizardofoz
22-08-2007, 04:03
The emporer may have forgivness for your soul thewizardofoz, the one and only Emperor on the other hand will smite you with righteous wrath for misstyping his name :D

oh jeese, i always misstype that, but i usually catch it. whats more weird is that i NEVER get smited, ever. i'm usually the one doing the smiting :D

Please forgive my most vile sin of misspelling, oh most venerable and infallible Emperor. I assure you, oh great Master of Humanity, that it shall never intentionally happen again. Thank you my Lord, thank you.

Dark Apostle
22-08-2007, 09:15
That foot looks fantastic, and so do the moderati. Are you going to put some weathering on the gold too, or are you going to let it shine? (I know that it's perilous at best to ask you questions about mud, grime, rust, scratshes and the like, but anyway...)

Rictus
22-08-2007, 16:57
So there, I give up, Rictus wins... don't you get used to it :evilgrin: And I didn't even get to know what prize I'd get if I finished it :cries:
HA! Victory is mine once more. Glory be to Rictus. And you shall never know what the prize would of been....I shall leave you to be tormented with the question left unanswered.

oh jeese, i always misstype that, but i usually catch it. whats more weird is that i NEVER get smited, ever. i'm usually the one doing the smiting :D

Please forgive my most vile sin of misspelling, oh most venerable and infallible Emperor. I assure you, oh great Master of Humanity, that it shall never intentionally happen again. Thank you my Lord, thank you.
Oh dear, spelling corrected by a Swede, especially this Swede. You don't even have the excuse of it being your second language. Though being American I suppose English could be considered your second language after all.

Better luck next time Dommie, though i'm sure you'll come second again.....

Dominus Ex Machina
22-08-2007, 21:04
Looking good Dominus
Thanks!

Metallics all the way baby!!

Looking good Dom, I love your weathering work, always have.

Keep it up son.

How much of a bitch are the little pistons?, cue much swearing when i did it.

Cheers

Sheep
I don't find the little pistons to be so bad as everyone suggests they are actually, sure there's plenty of them and you need to cut them all down to the right size but still.. not so bad. Glad you like the weathering, I will begin to experiment with a very original basing idea I have for it, if it fails horribly you will never know about it and I will play it safe with a 'regular' display base - which would mean either mud to be added or if I go city like then some dust.

I dunno whether to feel inspired because of the quality, or depressed for the same reason - Rictus has talked me into buying the same Titan, and whilst I knew it was going to be over shadow this kinda takes that to the next level. Im looking forward to the rest of it fella, very nice work.
We all need to be aware of the manipulative Rictus! Although seeing more Titans is always nice. Quite a few seem to have popped up lately. But let's not give Rictus any credit for that!

That foot looks fantastic, and so do the moderati. Are you going to put some weathering on the gold too, or are you going to let it shine? (I know that it's perilous at best to ask you questions about mud, grime, rust, scratshes and the like, but anyway...)
Hahaha, 'perilous' eh :D Well, that all depends on which display base I settle for, but there's nothing more planned for the gold as of now. It will be made to fit with the display base, that's all I can say at the moment.

HA! Victory is mine once more. Glory be to Rictus. And you shall never know what the prize would of been....I shall leave you to be tormented with the question left unanswered.

Oh dear, spelling corrected by a Swede, especially this Swede. You don't even have the excuse of it being your second language. Though being American I suppose English could be considered your second language after all.

Better luck next time Dommie, though i'm sure you'll come second again.....
Just to be annoying, Rictus take a good look at your last sentence that should be a capital "i" in "I'm" :angel: There shall be no glory for Rictus before the time when he finishes the deathstrike missile, and the vehicle transporting it. My spelling is flawless, you're just envious :p And yes, it is my second language. I shall make no further comments on the last sentence other than that stated above.

Work continues with the foot...

thewizardofoz
23-08-2007, 00:04

i don't speak 'English,' i speak 'American.' :D. i save 'English' for schoolwork.

oh FUDGE! i spammed again (though resisted swearing)! darn you Rictus and your clever ways of inducing spam. you know (or do now) i can't resist, especially after school.

the_flash
23-08-2007, 13:24
Very nice.
The gold is wonderfull, how did you do it?

Kuf_spawn
23-08-2007, 21:20
Very nice there dude. The weathering is very well done, especially for a model that size. Cant wait for your next update.

Stahlgeist
23-08-2007, 21:34
It's things like this that enforce my preference of real metallics over non-metals.

I absolutely love your gold! :)

The green is fantastic as well, but the gold out-shines it. (blaaarg, pun!)

QFT.

It also has that hand-applied gold leaf look to it because of the slight texture.

Dominus Ex Machina
25-08-2007, 00:07
Very nice.
The gold is wonderfull, how did you do it?
I give credit to Animerik for teaching me. The post which explains it all (http://warseer.com/forums/1172934-post77.html)

The foot is done, judging from the pictures it may not seem to be a big difference since the last update but in real life it surely is!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/Leftfoot.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/Leftfoot1.jpg

hiveminion
25-08-2007, 00:13
Looks really cool Dominus, but is it the lighting, or me, or is the left toe browner than the others?

Dominus Ex Machina
25-08-2007, 00:22
I'd blame it on poor lighting, looks fine on the real piece. I'll try to edit to better pictures tomorrow.

Thanks for the compliment :)

the_dark_sarge
25-08-2007, 00:28
awesome work pete

well what body part (well machine part really) will you work on next

schoolcormorant
25-08-2007, 00:28
i think it appears browner because it's smaller, so theres less 'surface area' of green. if that makes sense?

lovely work Dominus :)

SC

Captain_Wolverine
25-08-2007, 01:03
What are you using to get that green?

sheep
25-08-2007, 03:45
Looks fantastic as ever Dom, just what we expect from you :D

Cheers

Sheep

Animerik
25-08-2007, 09:52
Wow nice update love the foot! Very nice scheme and the wheatering is top notch (as usual)! Very nice work I hope you will have the energy to finish this beast of since it´s a huge project good luck mate :P

I should go to Malmö some day to have a peek at that thing irl would be fun.

Still learning
25-08-2007, 10:20
omg, its.... its..... (tear appreas in the corner of eye, lip starts to quiver)........beautiful.....

FreakForge
25-08-2007, 16:52
I said it before, but I have to said it again :

Lovely green Dominus !!

Well ,and now ( until the Titan´s pieces come to me ) some progress on the sketches.
The first techpriest looks like a "warrior techpriest" , instead a " Technical techpriest" . So , I decide to make a couple of options with a more Titan´s technical crew look.

( sorry about the poor quality of the pics , but I´m not at home at this moment ... and I didn´t have any pic´s editor programm on this computer).

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/techpriest3.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/techpriest2.jpg

C&C are welcome.

FreakForge

zekrish
25-08-2007, 19:29
I give credit to Animerik for teaching me. The post which explains it all (http://warseer.com/forums/1172934-post77.html)

The foot is done, judging from the pictures it may not seem to be a big difference since the last update but in real life it surely is!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/Leftfoot.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/Leftfoot1.jpg

Superb work!! when will we mortals be abel to see this one? Maybe you can brin it down to ''Spel på djäknegatan'' when it is done so we can gasp in its glory!

jdp
25-08-2007, 20:01
Nice foot! I think you have a nice level of wear and tear, and the rust streaks are very well done. Definitely something that has been walking through the battlefield as opposed to the factory fresh look we see so often. I can't wait till the Freak adds his sculpting and we see the rest!

Dominus Ex Machina
25-08-2007, 20:21
many thanks for the comments guys, they are much appreciated! I will begin assembling the legs and teh other foot tonight, we'll see how far I get.

I said it before, but I have to said it again :

Lovely green Dominus !!

Well ,and now ( until the Titan´s pieces come to me ) some progress on the sketches.
The first techpriest looks like a "warrior techpriest" , instead a " Technical techpriest" . So , I decide to make a couple of options with a more Titan´s technical crew look.

( sorry about the poor quality of the pics , but I´m not at home at this moment ... and I didn´t have any pic´s editor programm on this computer).

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/techpriest3.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/techpriest2.jpg

C&C are welcome.

FreakForge

Holy schmoly!

I love your sketches/artwork Freak Forge, I just can't get enough of it. I like both of them very much but the first one is better in my eyes, the goggles combined with the monk hair-cut is so very very cool. I really love everything about him! Will you sculpt from scratch or base it on an already existing model?

You know, you could start working on the tech-priest while waiting for the rest of the parts... As long as he's based on a regular infantry size base he will fit just fine in the Titan. I really look forward to seeing some of your amazing greenstuff-fu in action.

Superb work!! when will we mortals be abel to see this one? Maybe you can brin it down to ''Spel på djäknegatan'' when it is done so we can gasp in its glory!

Oh I will, you can expect to see me around when apokalypse is released. (for those wondering what 'spel på djäknegatan' is, it is the only surviving warhammer store in the Swedish town of Malmö, as far as I know at least)

Anyway, I'm off to build some legs :D

hiveminion
25-08-2007, 20:28
The sketches are amazing, FreakForge! Fantastic sense of detail. I do think the head on the 2nd guy is a bit oversized, though. Or maybe it just looks like thta because of the hood and implants.

Dominus Ex Machina
26-08-2007, 01:01
Pictures speak for themselves:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/Titanfeet.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/Titanfeet1.jpg

Still learning
26-08-2007, 02:27
That guardmans an idiot running under that titan foot like that.

jdp
26-08-2007, 02:30
How flexible is the posing on the feet and legs of the warhound Dominus? Is it all just seperate pieces or is it more or less fixed in a striding motion?

Dominus Ex Machina
26-08-2007, 10:27
That guardmans an idiot running under that titan foot like that.
Haha, I included him for scale purposes only :D

How flexible is the posing on the feet and legs of the warhound Dominus? Is it all just separate pieces or is it more or less fixed in a striding motion?
It's all separate pieces, each foot is made up of 28 pieces if I didn't forget anything, 7 for each toe (including the pistons). So it's a very flexible kit, you can pose it however you want basically. I wanted him to be walking just for the challenge of modeling it like he is moving, hopefully it will look good as well...

sheep
28-08-2007, 04:49
The only thing you have to watch is the pistons on the hips, they need to line up or you're stuffed.

Cheers

Sheep

Dominus Ex Machina
28-08-2007, 15:00
Thanks for your advice sheep, you were a bit late unfortunately but I managed just fine anyway.

I've finished building the legs! Only things missing now are the armour plates that Freak Forge (hopefully) will be doing, and some pistons to connect it to the painted foot, it's not attached to that foot yet since I don't want to spray the foot black with the rest of the legs.

Links (because of picture size), Death Korps of Krieg are for size comparison purposes
Front view (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/IMGP3546.jpg)
Side view (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/IMGP3548.jpg)

Large legs, large pictures, if anyone has a painfully slow internet connection tell me and I'll put up some small pictures for you.

Rictus
28-08-2007, 15:14
I do believe I have already given you my opinion on the latest state of Mr Ex Machina and I stick by them.

Dominus Ex Machina
28-08-2007, 16:13
True enough, you have Rictus, I suppose the official 'thank you for your comment' is in order. :p

Tomorrow I will undercoat the legs and maybe start painting too....

Rictus
28-08-2007, 16:18
True enough, you have Rictus, I suppose the official 'thank you for your comment' is in order. :p
Now there is no need to sound so resentful about it.....I didn't say anything bad about it.

Dominus Ex Machina
29-08-2007, 12:41
Hahaha, i know you didn't Rictus :p

Anyway, I've sprayed the legs black today and I've glued it all together, so painting shall commence soon.

sir.spamalot
30-08-2007, 14:40
lovely colour, that has got to be the best colour you could choose...I like a lot, so visually pleasing! keep up the work mate:)

mattrs
31-08-2007, 13:05
wow have to say nice work so far!

Love the colour scheme, was wondering what colours you used to get that green ????

Keep it up

Captain_Wolverine
01-09-2007, 00:59
wow have to say nice work so far!

Love the colour scheme, was wondering what colours you used to get that green ????

Keep it up

I have second this request. I have just bought a Titan and may just have to use the same colours.

So please tell how you did it.

Metal Fingered Villain
01-09-2007, 02:53
The gold on those crew is beautiful, I would love to know what kind of layering you did with the vallejo to get such amazing results.

cthorpe
01-09-2007, 21:13
Hi Dominus..

Just wondering if the parts you wanted sculpting have arrived safetly yet? Am looking forward to how they will be sculpted..

May I also ask for your recipe for the gold on those crewmen..

Best wishes,

Carl

Dominus Ex Machina
10-09-2007, 18:51
Hi Dominus..

Just wondering if the parts you wanted sculpting have arrived safetly yet? Am looking forward to how they will be sculpted..

May I also ask for your recipe for the gold on those crewmen..

Best wishes,

Carl

My head is in serious risk of bursting... from joy, THE TITAN PATS HAVE ARRIVED, here's the proof:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/TitanVIII.jpg
Yes it looks battered but apparantly all the pieces are unharmed. *does happy dance* I swear to you though, that was a perfectly rectangular box when I last saw it :eek:

The gold is very simple, credit goes out to the member who calls himself "warhound" on the bolter and chainsword, he is the one who painted the Titans on FWs web-site and I asked him how he did the gold for his Titan crew, this is the reply I got:

For the helmets, in general, I think that all I did was a tin bitz dry brush, highlghted up to shining gold/ mithiril with a chestnut and brown ink glaze to shade- quite easy really;-)

I admit that I turned to painting DKoK instead of working on the chicken legs because I had lost hope that the parts would arrive to Freak Forge, I thought them lost in warp travel forever... But now that they are safely in Freak Forge's possesion (or are they really safe there... hmm...) I will ressume titan painting and construction... after I finish the squad of Kriegers I'm currently working on.

sir.spamalot
10-09-2007, 18:56
roxx0r! now we can see more titan stuff, have you broken open the box yet to see the sculpt job?

cheers

Dominus Ex Machina
10-09-2007, 19:20
roxx0r! now we can see more titan stuff, have you broken open the box yet to see the sculpt job?

cheers

oh no, sorry 'bout if there was some confusion, the package has just reached Freak Forge, not me :D

Lord Zso Sahaal
10-09-2007, 20:19
on the off chance Dominus Ex Machina do you have any other paint schemes for you titans on paper that you could post on my thread so i could see them?? thanks its http://warseer.com/forums/science-fiction-project-logs/102120-scratch-built-titan-legion-40k-scale.html

doghouse
10-09-2007, 20:23
Hooray! I thought they'd been lost in the warp. Great to see they arrived mate. :)

Dominus Ex Machina
10-09-2007, 20:53
on the off chance Dominus Ex Machina do you have any other paint schemes for you titans on paper that you could post on my thread so i could see them?? thanks its http://warseer.com/forums/science-fiction-project-logs/102120-scratch-built-titan-legion-40k-scale.html

Actually, you should PM scrubout about Titan paintschemes, he has a few very nice old prints of schemes from a couple of legions.

stormtrooper154
10-09-2007, 21:03
Ive just looked through this thread and you definatley chose the right colourscheme. Its also good to see that your not having any issues with the kit, I know my Hierophant had its problems to overcome. I would like to know what shades of green you used for the toes as this looks like a very nice shade of green for some deathguard Im contemplating. Also could you give a rundown of the technique / colours you used for the green and scratches.

sir.spamalot
10-09-2007, 21:10
oh, it just reached freakforge...thats good too. ready for some cool sculpting I am:)

Dominus Ex Machina
10-09-2007, 21:53
Ive just looked through this thread and you definatley chose the right colourscheme. Its also good to see that your not having any issues with the kit, I know my Hierophant had its problems to overcome. I would like to know what shades of green you used for the toes as this looks like a very nice shade of green for some deathguard Im contemplating. Also could you give a rundown of the technique / colours you used for the green and scratches.

The colours I used are just black + VMC (Vallejo Model Color) German Field Gray WWII, then pure VMC Vallejo German Field Grey WWII and for highlights VMC German Field Grey WWII + VMC Green Grey. After that a light wash of black ink. Scratches are also easy, just pick a dark colour, highlight the lower edge of your painted scratch and add rust running with for example chestnut ink.

oh, it just reached freakforge...thats good too. ready for some cool sculpting I am:)
Yeah! So am I, he said he'll probably begin working his magic in the middle of this week.

thewizardofoz
10-09-2007, 23:34
yeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeah!y e-ah!

they arrvied! sculpting! yeah! can't wait!

and i feel flattered that i am in your sig, twice.

the_dark_sarge
11-09-2007, 06:56
Yer nice sig pete, although word of warning its more than seven lines, so the mods might be after u

kieran

jasevx
11-09-2007, 08:23
shows how much we love him!

Dominus Ex Machina
11-09-2007, 09:27
Hahaha, I felt it had to be done (the sig that is). I tried slimming it down a bit. If it's still too big I guess that until a moderator sees it it's ok :angel:

Romanus
11-09-2007, 10:19
Absolutely beutiful Dominus, both the feet and the crew. Can't wait to see some progress on the Legs and the sculpting that Freakforge is doing. Cheers mate and keep up the good work.

Cheers, Rom

P.S. Is there something in the water in Sweden that makes good Modelers or something?? :D

thewizardofoz
12-09-2007, 01:37
aw man! sig is 'fixed'!

but it doesn't matter because FreakForge's stuff got to you! yay!

Master Bait
12-09-2007, 03:23
so hey, what's with the Dominus Ex Machina thing? 'that machine of Dominus'? who's Dominus? or is this just a spin on Deus Ex Machina?

nice titan feet btw, its going to look dope

Dominus Ex Machina
12-09-2007, 10:01
so hey, what's with the Dominus Ex Machina thing? 'that machine of Dominus'? who's Dominus? or is this just a spin on Deus Ex Machina?

nice titan feet btw, its going to look dope

Dominus Ex Machina is a typo... I meant to sign up with the username Deus Ex Machina but for some reason I typed Dominus instead (very much not intended). Didn't notice until the next day, this was at an other forum though. I later tried signing up on the Bolter and Chainsword using Deus instead of Dominus but Deus Ex Machina was already in use by someone else, so by the time it was time to sign up for warseer "Dominus" had stuck with me. "Dominus Ex Machina" has no logical meaning, it would translate to something along the lines of "God out of Machine" or "Ruler from Machine". Or at least that's what I've been told, I don't know Latin. (later when I got my first IA book I discovered that at the bottom of every page in the Imperial Armour book vol. 1 it says "dominus ex machina"... haven't checked the others because vol.1 is the only one I own)

The Dominus Ex Machina or Mr. Dominus Ex Machina is what I've named the Titan. I know I know, maybe I should correct my ages old typo for once and give at least the Titan a decent name but I kinda like the idea of having it named after "me".

So that's that. Since I am going to the Golden Demon awards this year (made possible by first and foremost Rictus and Jase here from warseer, big thanks fellas!) I won't have time for Mr Dominus, I've got to finish some entries for the awards! there's only what.... 10 days 'till GD now... :eek:

hiveminion
12-09-2007, 15:01
So that's that. Since I am going to the Golden Demon awards this year (made possible by first and foremost Rictus and Jase here from warseer, big thanks fellas!) I won't have time for Mr Dominus, I've got to finish some entries for the awards! there's only what.... 10 days 'till GD now... :eek:

What you going to enter Dom? Or is it a secret? It would be awesome to see some of your models in the flesh...or, well, a glas cabinet.

As for the sig, change the font to size 1, and put all the quotes in as regular text, not as actual quotes. Check out ArtificerArmour's sig, he did the same, and with size 1 you're allowed 9 lines I believe.

scrubout
12-09-2007, 17:57
Actually, you should PM scrubout about Titan paintschemes, he has a few very nice old prints of schemes from a couple of legions.

Argh, I'm on it...

hopefully we'll see an awesome update soon.

-scrubout

Gropius
12-09-2007, 21:17
Dominus Ex Machina is a typo... I meant to sign up with the username Deus Ex Machina but for some reason I typed Dominus instead (very much not intended). Didn't notice until the next day, this was at an other forum though. I later tried signing up on the Bolter and Chainsword using Deus instead of Dominus but Deus Ex Machina was already in use by someone else, so by the time it was time to sign up for warseer "Dominus" had stuck with me. "Dominus Ex Machina" has no logical meaning, it would translate to something along the lines of "God out of Machine" or "Ruler from Machine". Or at least that's what I've been told, I don't know Latin. (later when I got my first IA book I discovered that at the bottom of every page in the Imperial Armour book vol. 1 it says "dominus ex machina"... haven't checked the others because vol.1 is the only one I own)

The Dominus Ex Machina or Mr. Dominus Ex Machina is what I've named the Titan. I know I know, maybe I should correct my ages old typo for once and give at least the Titan a decent name but I kinda like the idea of having it named after "me".

Incidentally your name can be found at the bottom left of all the datasheets in the Imperial Armour books:D

FreakForge
12-09-2007, 21:32
Hail to Mars !!

like Dominus told before the package arrive safe ... well , looking at the package , maybe it doesn´t arrive safe at all :D .

But the pieces are fine !

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/TitanIX.jpg

I gonna start the GS work on the pieces the next week ... so stay tunned for the incoming updates.

FreakForge

PS: AH! , I forgot to say ... Dominus choose the second Titan Priest , the one with the googles

charlie_c67
12-09-2007, 22:29
I think you should name it Domino's ex Machina. "Pizza delivery from Machine." The insignia possibilities are endless. Utter devatastion in 30 minutes or less, or it's free!

Or Domino Sex machine....ahem :angel:

Dominus Ex Machina
12-09-2007, 22:54
Funny how small they seem when you see them in that picture, hahaha, but as I've showed you before those parts are HUGE! I hope you have enough greenstuff Freak Forge, you're gonna need a couple of kilos!

I'm so happy to see the parts again :)

Chaos_Minds
13-09-2007, 03:04
Oh man, oh man. I can't wait to see what freakforge breaks out this time. Both of you, good luck!

Master Bait
13-09-2007, 04:59
Dominus Ex Machina is a typo... I meant to sign up with the username Deus Ex Machina but for some reason I typed Dominus instead (very much not intended). Didn't notice until the next day, this was at an other forum though. I later tried signing up on the Bolter and Chainsword using Deus instead of Dominus but Deus Ex Machina was already in use by someone else, so by the time it was time to sign up for warseer "Dominus" had stuck with me. "Dominus Ex Machina" has no logical meaning, it would translate to something along the lines of "God out of Machine" or "Ruler from Machine". Or at least that's what I've been told, I don't know Latin. (later when I got my first IA book I discovered that at the bottom of every page in the Imperial Armour book vol. 1 it says "dominus ex machina"... haven't checked the others because vol.1 is the only one I own

well Deus Ex Machina is actually greek... but you do know what is means and its history? i shouldn't assume you wouldn't :angel:

Dominus Ex Machina
13-09-2007, 07:58
well Deus Ex Machina is actually greek... but you do know what is means and its history? i shouldn't assume you wouldn't :angel:
Ah yes, sorry about that, my bad. Greek it is.
And yes, yes I do know what it means, as a matter of fact I've already had to explain it a couple of times already on warseer. Just google it and you'll find out if anyone's interrested.

jasevx
13-09-2007, 08:12
Put it in your sig, people stop asking then! ;)

sir.spamalot
13-09-2007, 15:29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina

Heres the wiki entry...

NashTrickster
13-09-2007, 22:25
Erm...Master Bait, sorry to rain on your parade, but Deus ex machina is in fact Latin! It's a Latin translation of the Greek sentence apo mechanes Theos alright, but a Latin sentence nevertheless!

scrubout
13-09-2007, 22:46
What does "deus ex machina" mean and why did you name yourself "dominus ex machina"?

:p

-scrubout

KayvaanShrike
13-09-2007, 23:01
Oo your a chancer Scrubout. lol

Whats happening with the Machine Dominus?

Dominus Ex Machina
14-09-2007, 00:12
Oo your a chancer Scrubout. lol

Whats happening with the Machine Dominus?

At the moment... nothing on my part, Freak Forge is heating up his forges though and preparing to sculpt. I am too bussy with my GD entries to paint the Titan at the moment. I am so looking forward to GD!

Master Bait
14-09-2007, 05:36
Erm...Master Bait, sorry to rain on your parade, but Deus ex machina is in fact Latin! It's a Latin translation of the Greek sentence apo mechanes Theos alright, but a Latin sentence nevertheless!

ah i stand totally corrected then, i'm no linguist, but the entry i read on Deus Ex Machina, explained it as a greek concept, so i assumed the phrasing was greek.

a rad idea too :P

FreakForge
24-09-2007, 18:23
Until Dominus is in UK ( maybe winning some Demon ) I start with the massive decoration on the armour plates ...

Today , The "LOIN´s" armour plate.

Before FreakForge´s GS attack

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/WIPTitanI.jpg

And the winning of the Epoxy putty :D

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/WIPTitanII.jpg

C&C are welcome

FreakForge

flakjacket
24-09-2007, 18:28
That is simply awesome, fantastic work so far:)

hiveminion
24-09-2007, 18:33
Amazing green stuffing, that is really fantastically done. With that quality of sculpting this is going to be one wonderfully detailed and gothic looking Titan.

Light of the Emperor
24-09-2007, 18:42
That's wonderful! Now, do you allow the greenstuff to cure a bit before you go in and sculpt? Is it one session or multiple sessions, building upon dried GS?

Captain_Wolverine
24-09-2007, 18:43
Fancy doing that do my titan :) it freaking awsome

jasevx
24-09-2007, 18:50
After having him stay with me, I know your rates, think you've got a good balance there!

Inquisitor Steinmann
24-09-2007, 19:19
Superb greenstuff work, simply amazing.

cthorpe
24-09-2007, 20:05
Thats looks fantastic.. WOW..

Wonders what Freakforge and Dominus could do with a Forgeworld Reaver titan ;) ....

Best wishes

Carl

Merceus
24-09-2007, 20:22
Thats it... Im giving up... im gonna make little nooses for all my converted minis and hang them... then go and lock myself in my room and lose all hand-eye-coordonation, making my apalling skills even worse... thats how good that thing is...

Arhalien
24-09-2007, 20:27
Freakforge, that is an incredible piece of sculpting; great work :D

Luthien
24-09-2007, 21:03
FreakForge, that simply is "The Sh1t", well done man, very well done :D

thewizardofoz
25-09-2007, 02:38
oh man i lost bowel control when i saw that! that is a work of art! this thing will have to go in a museum when it is finished.

jdp
25-09-2007, 04:20
That's some nice sculpting work Freak! All the hard edge stuff looks really sharp. What is the tan putty you used? It reminds me of Tamiya putty.

Is this still WIP? I ask because the teeth on the skull are lopsided they kind of trail off on the left side.

Anyhoo cool stuff, I can't wait to see the other plates!

Tsen
25-09-2007, 06:36
This is superb, I can't believe I've not noticed this logg before, I am so jealous of that titan.

Lord Commander Eidolon
25-09-2007, 08:47
yeah tis nice

Dominus Ex Machina
25-09-2007, 09:58
Sweet mercifull Emperor, WOW... I am sooooo looking forward to painting that!

I suppose that I'll have to provide some on the painting front now... I'll get right to it! Now that I've returned from GD I will resume Titan painting!

(and for the currious my GD entries didn't even pass the first round of voting)

the_dark_sarge
25-09-2007, 10:02
we demand pictures of ur GD entry

please

Hellbore
25-09-2007, 10:27
so far looking real sweet, loving where this is going. Keep it up DEM

doghouse
25-09-2007, 11:15

You are joking right??? :eek:
Mate, you're good enough to have your own Slayer Sword by now!
What did you enter by the way?

FreakForge: Excellent job on the sculpting and the design is fantastic.

schoolcormorant
25-09-2007, 11:26
i boycotted the GD annoncements because i was so angry pete didn't even make first cut.

SC

Dark Apostle
25-09-2007, 12:04
Sweet mercifull Emperor, WOW... I am sooooo looking forward to painting that!

I suppose that I'll have to provide some on the painting front now... I'll get right to it! Now that I've returned from GD I will resume Titan painting!

I haven't seen your entry, but it seems strange that you didn't make the first cut, by what I've seen of your other work you definitely should have made it, and with a good margin too.

Anyway, it's good to see that you look forward to painting the titan - I can guarantee that the comunity here is at least as anticipating as you are! And the forst pics from freakforge are astpunding - I'm sure that your painting skills will do them justice. Now get to it!

Cheatah
25-09-2007, 12:10
I will now drop my jaw to the floor in anticipation of what's coming...

*drop*

Daniel36
25-09-2007, 13:08
Freakforge... You've probably heard this all before, but the armour plate decoration is ******* BIOOOOOOTIFUL!!!!! I could not do the same if my life depended on it, and it looks awesome! I am sure this is going to totally enhance the look of the Titan tenfold! Keep up!

Dominus, bummer you didn't make the cut. I wouldn't even dare try to enter something... I know I am not good enough. You however are... Let this be a motivation to keep pushing yourself though!

Holycrusader
25-09-2007, 13:28
Great works with everything... SHOW US MORE

THE CHIEF
25-09-2007, 13:36
Crikey I was thinking about entering next year with some bits, but hearing that an artist of your calibre didn't even make it through the first cut has got me thinking twice!

This is looking great by the way - what a team you two make! The results should be quite spectacular :)

doghouse
25-09-2007, 15:28
i boycotted the GD annoncements because i was so angry pete didn't even make first cut.

SC

I really can't believe that Pete never made first cut, that's insane! :eek:
Who was judging?
I'm in the same boat as The Chief, I was concidering it for next year but Pete's much better than me at painting. I'm shocked.

jasevx
25-09-2007, 16:14
Doghouse I firmly believe it was because they'd already green dotted a DKK squad, and didn't want a second. Petes stuff was superior to half the final cut, not sure it would have been a top three but a certain finalist.

Dominus Ex Machina
25-09-2007, 16:27
I never expected to win so I'm not really dissapointed, and besides I hung about by the cabinet where it stood and hearing all the people saying such good things about it (someone even bet their money on that it would make the top three) was reward enough. I am still very satisfied with the squad and the way it turned out (pictures will be in my log in just a metter of minutes).

And I spent about 500£ of my friends money that day, which also felt rather nice hahahaha

zekrish
27-09-2007, 17:27
Until Dominus is in UK ( maybe winning some Demon ) I start with the massive decoration on the armour plates ...

Today , The "LOIN´s" armour plate.

Before FreakForge´s GS attack

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/WIPTitanI.jpg

And the winning of the Epoxy putty :D

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/WIPTitanII.jpg

C&C are welcome

FreakForge
My god! It looks fanatstic! What is the brow epoxy putty you are using freakfoge?? It will be a gloriouse when it is done! It will stomp across the universe scouting for all it si worth! hiding behind trees and lampposts :D! We want to see it now! No more waiting! like a wise man once said:
''Skjut inte upp till imorgon, vad du kan skjuta ner idag!

Rogue Trader
27-09-2007, 20:20
that gs work is fantastic, its really cool, cant wait to see it progress more. stunning :D :D

Galikoe3
27-09-2007, 21:20
Merciful heavens.......That is going to look so ******** awesome, I'M going on this thread all the time now to how this titan concludes..

@freakforge..you are gs god,,,yes you are..

sheep
28-09-2007, 10:37
Sweet merciful crap, thats good!

And it will look even better with a lick of paint :D

Keep it up guys.

Cheers

Sheep

Zaamel of the Deathwing
28-09-2007, 15:00
the only strange thing is the teeth on the skull since they wonder upwards on one side

FreakForge
28-09-2007, 16:14
Thanks for the comments !!

Quick update ( I will answer the questions later , sorry).

Leg´s armour plate I

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/WIPTITANIII.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/WIPTitanIV.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/WIPTitanV.jpg

FreakForge

PS: Dominus show us some PAINT !!

stormtrooper154
28-09-2007, 16:18
I am so jealous of your sculpting skills, how long have you been sculpting to get to that standard?

Btw, it looks awesome :D

Shinigami
28-09-2007, 16:24
amazing,

you can do my reaver :D

Shini

tinfoil
28-09-2007, 16:56
This plog is really inspiring! Even with my weak greenstuff skillz , I find myself getting coaxed into trying something similar -- in a chaotic vein.

Dominus Ex Machina
28-09-2007, 18:12
Oh man I'm loving the missing tooth!!! Ahahaha, it adds so much carachter :)

Paint, well I have a little something to show you, soon. I've almost finished the two first layers of paint on the legs, one more layer after those two and then we're on to details (which will take ages)

Arhalien
28-09-2007, 22:51
*drools* :D

synapse
29-09-2007, 11:37
so damned cool! love the relief details on those - theyll look great once painted up!

Still learning
29-09-2007, 12:45
you better get insurance on the postage back!!!

Zaamel of the Deathwing
29-09-2007, 21:27
wow, just wow

now the teeth looks so much better and it has lotsa character

Rogue Trader
29-09-2007, 21:32
amazing work, this will be the best titan ever with all the talent taking part, great work again! :D :D

Galikoe3
29-09-2007, 23:38
Some of the best gs work i've ever seen, I'm now totally inspired to attempt stuff like that.

cant wait to see some paint on it..

Kurai
30-09-2007, 01:11
While I'm no fan of the plasma and tool sculpt the rest is stunning.

Dominus Ex Machina
30-09-2007, 11:24
Black primer + first coat of dark green:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/IMGP3832.jpg

A coat of lighter green, highlights and a wash later:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/IMGP3888.jpg

Obviously there's a lot of cleaning up to be done, but at least you've got proof that I am working on it ;) It's taking me ages to go over all of that resin with nothing but my size one and two brushes...

hiveminion
30-09-2007, 11:33
At least you won't have to weather the majority of the legs, as it'll be covered by those awesome armour plates!

Man that thing looks huge in the pic, but now that I've seen some in the flesh I realise they really aren't that big. Though obviously you'll disagree with me as you have to paint it!;)

Romanus
30-09-2007, 11:41
Great work mate, keep it up. I'm liking what your doing here and am also wondering if you could possibly PM me with any details you have on the titan legions?? I just recieved one of these myself and am struggling to find much info on them. Keep up the inspiring work as always.

Cheers, Rom

Dominus Ex Machina
30-09-2007, 11:47
At least you won't have to weather the majority of the legs, as it'll be covered by those awesome armour plates!

Man that thing looks huge in the pic, but now that I've seen some in the flesh I realise they really aren't that big. Though obviously you'll disagree with me as you have to paint it!;)

Indeed I do disagree with you :rolleyes: The Freak Forge parts won't need as much weathering, true. However they require details, and on his latest creation even freehand painting (I have a quite awesome idea for that part)

Great work mate, keep it up. I'm liking what your doing here and am also wondering if you could possibly PM me with any details you have on the titan legions?? I just recieved one of these myself and am struggling to find much info on them. Keep up the inspiring work as always.

Cheers, Rom
Glad you like it, not finished though, not by a long shot... You should PM scrubout about info on the Titan Legions.

Galikoe3
30-09-2007, 14:09
that titan is so big, i didnt think it would be that big.....I dont envy you painting it as much now..... no still envious.

Captain Jerican
30-09-2007, 16:54
Looking VERY nice Dominus. I saw you're phantoms on an earlier thread and can definetly say that you're standard is amazing. Now I really want a Titan. You're an inspiration

Still learning
01-10-2007, 02:06
It's taking me ages to go over all of that resin with nothing but my size one and two brushes...

Two words (or one word:confused:) Air Brush.........
Once you convert you will never go back

Inquisitor Steinmann
01-10-2007, 11:57
Im loving this log, it is a joy to follow the progress of two very talented individuals.

But i have to say this: you are making me want to buy a warhound titan more and more!! Stop tempting me! :D

punkoteloco
03-10-2007, 01:07
Aha, so thats the sculpting you have been doing.
I must say im impressed, but only impressed. I wont die for your sculpting or whatever...
What the hell, thats amazing. Incredible. With your sculoting skills and Dominus painting skills that would be a great great titan.
Im waiting for more.

punkoteloco

Sgt_Hudson
03-10-2007, 08:18
Thi thread amazes me every time I look, stunning work Dominus I finaly started my Vraks btw

FreakForge
04-10-2007, 18:04
Thanks for all the kind comments about my work !!

That's wonderful! Now, do you allow the greenstuff to cure a bit before you go in and sculpt? Is it one session or multiple sessions, building upon dried GS?

Multiple sessions ... I use to work in layers. ALL the details that you see at the same relief level are made together. Then I let the Epoxy Stuff dry ( about 2 hours) and move to the next layer.

Now some Updates on the Leg´s Armour plate II (stills WIP)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/WIPTitan021.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/WIPTitan025.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/WIPTitan022.jpg

As you may see this piece is the more modified from the sketch.
I don´t have the exact dimensions of the pieces , so I made sketches with no reference about HOW MUCH space I have to work.
I´m working on this to give you some pics of the final version before the weekend.

And ... I have some scketch ... What You think about this Dominus ??

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/WIPTitan020.jpg

Until soon

FreakForge

alphachicken
04-10-2007, 18:08
thats just...perfect.

You managed to cover everything I thought about that titan, the empty spaces and made lovely...just lovely detail on it freakforge. Can't wait to see it painted =)

Light of the Emperor
04-10-2007, 18:09
Amazing. Thanks for answering my questions. One of these days I'll really jump off the deep end and try some sculpting like that.

FreakForge
04-10-2007, 23:15
Amazing. Thanks for answering my questions. One of these days I'll really jump off the deep end and try some sculpting like that.

Do IT !! Maybe you find out that you can fly ;) .

FreakForge

Satan
05-10-2007, 08:43
That's... that's.... beautiful. I have a feeling this is going to be the most amazing warhound ever, and I'm not just saying that. :)

Animerik
05-10-2007, 10:20
wow wow wow! I don´t have words to say how awsome this titan is! Lovley work with the armor FF and the painting is top notch Dominus Ex.

FF:the gs on the last pic is that made in one session or multi? I know the armor is wip but the man has a bit to big boobies atm I´m sure you´ll fix it in the next round :P

great work guys keep us updated!

Dominus Ex Machina
05-10-2007, 11:07
And ... I have some scketch ... What You think about this Dominus ??

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/FreakForge/DeathGuard/commission%20work/WIPTitan020.jpg

Excellent *official stamp of approval*

As usual, mind bogglingly (<-- now there's a good word) awesome work with the greenstuff "Freak" ;) I'm going to spend the day painting the Titan so you (everyone else too) can expect some progress by the late hours of the night...

Rogue Trader
05-10-2007, 11:16
that sculpt work is cool however i feel that the midrift is a bit thin compared to the top half chest area, looking good overall though :D

Zaamel of the Deathwing
05-10-2007, 14:21
wow wo wow!!!! these armour plates look awesome FF, wish i could sculpt like that, but for now il just look in awe

Captain Jerican
05-10-2007, 16:47
I think you should include banners on the back of it portraying the alleigance to the chapter, that would look sweet.