PDA

View Full Version : Starship Troopers excel file

KingNic
19-08-2005, 21:59
Evening all.

I've made an excel file for calculating Starship Troopers forces, download here:
http://www.geocities.com/kingnic2k/SSTArmylistsv0.4.xls

You'll probably have to copy/paste the link because Geocities doesn't allow remote linking.

This file is version 0.3 and contains sheets for calculating Arachnids, MI Power suit platoons and Skinnies. I've still got to do Marauder platoons.

Instructions:
Arachnids:
Enter the priority level at the top of the spreadsheet and then fill out the amounts of bugs that you want in the greyed cells. It is up to you to split the amounts of bugs down into actual squad sizes.

Skinnies:
Same as the bugs. Enter the amount of each type of Skinny you want, then it's up to you to split them into squads.

Mobile Infantry:
Fill in the priority level, then enter the options for the squads you wish to use in the sections to the right of the main army list. The points values on the main army list will then be modified according to your squad and leader options.

The main workbook is protected and passworded from editing, so you can't add sheets or delete sheets. The army list sheets are also protected and you can only enter text into the areas you're supposed to. The army lists are not passworded though and if you wish to edit the formulas, layout or whatever for any reason, go to Tools (on the main menu)>Protection>Unprotect Sheet. You will then be able to edit the spreadsheet.

Rabid Bunny 666
20-08-2005, 03:24
ooh, nice one dude, this is gonna be useful, can't get my head round MI power armour platoons

Charax
20-08-2005, 09:31
Excellent - some tweaking and this'll be better than AB (well, somewhat better than the free version, anyway).

KingNic
20-08-2005, 10:14
Ok, someone pointed some bugs out to me to do with the locking of certain MI cells that shouldn't be locked and I noticed I hadn't numbered the MI squad option boxes.

The new file is here:
http://www.geocities.com/kingnic2k/SSTArmylistsv0.4.xls

Rabid Bunny 666, yeah the MI list doesn't exactly have the best interface ever but it was the only way I could think of that would work. Each of the squad boxes to the right of the main total corresponds to a squad number on the total. I forgot to number the squads in version 0.3 so ooops. Anyway, if you edit the options in the "Squad 1" box to the right of the main sheet, it'll update the cost of "Squad 1" on the main sheet. If you check the checkbox next to "Squad 1", then the points will be added to the main total. The same goes for the NCOs and Lieutenants. In the case of CHASs and Military agents, just enter the amount of them that you want in their greyed boxes. For qualities, e.g. the Lieutenants 100 points worth of qualities, you need to enter the total amount of the qualities that you've chosen.

Rabid Bunny 666
20-08-2005, 13:26
aah, i meant the one in the book :D, with the lack of any MI powersuited troops in any of the lists

xenopsyllus
23-08-2005, 20:53
Very nice file. I downloaded the first one you posted on the Mongoose boards. Great job at improving the problems with the first one. The arachnids and skinnies are nice and straight forward, and the MI are now done up just about as well as one can.

Might want to add a toggle switch for Nuclear Protocalls, so if you give it to the Lt, it switches the nukes to available (like when you take a SCION officer).