PDA

View Full Version : Benefit of Remains in Play

UvulaBob
19-08-2005, 22:21
I'm looking over the whole Magic thing, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what, if anything, makes Remains in Play spells worth it? They seem to all be the kind of spells you want to keep on a unit for more than one turn, but they become super easy to dispel the next turn. Maybe I'm completely missing something, why would you waste your time with them?

Mad Doc Grotsnik
19-08-2005, 22:25
They give the opponent more to worry about, and you techincally less.

Once your Mage has cracked off something like Flames of the Phoenix, they can scurry off into cover and hide, no longer having to worry about LoS for blowing stuff up.

However, it is worth remembering that if a mage who has a spell in play uses a Dispel Scroll, it ends their spell as well!

Star.Scream
19-08-2005, 23:42
>>>>I wouldnt say that its a huge atvantage; but the enemy has to use his own Power Dice to Dispell a remains in play spell in his own magic phase, which will lessen the amount of spells and dice you will have to face the next turn.

And if he fails to dispell it (by failing or forgetting ;) ) then the good stuff keeps rolling for you. As mentioned above by Mad Doc Grotsnik, they cant do a thing otherwise they will end up canceling it.

In an army which is running 2+ mage's its fine, because you can have one mage holding down the spell with the other stil using the power dice to chuck around spells.

starlight
20-08-2005, 00:24
It can be good, if used correctly. However, this applies to everything in the game. As mentioned, it is definitely better if used in an army that has multiple Mages and plans to use magic as part of the plan, rather than as a bonus (like me with my greenskins :rolleyes: ).

taer
20-08-2005, 03:26
Or, if it is your only spell and fairly inconspicuous (like Bear's anger or something) so your opponent completely forgets about it until it's too late.

Cheesejoff
21-08-2005, 12:48
Many RiP spells become stronger the more turns they stay in play for. Curse of years starts of as "Every model takes a wound on a 6+" and ends up on a 2+, for example.