PDA

View Full Version : Complicated Combat Question!

NightHaunter86
20-07-2007, 03:52
Hello rules gurus of warseer, I have a quick question for ya. This came up in a game this evening between my brother(woodies) and our friend Jordan(Orcs and Goblins). Ok, a unit of wardancers occupied the front of a unit of Orcs, the Dryads had the Right Flank(from the orcs point of view) on the orcs left was a Orc Chariot that was in combat with a single wardancer that hung over the front of the orc unit. So it looked something like this

WWWWWWDD
COOOOOOODDD
OOOOOOODDD

Now after 3 rds of combat the Orc unit is killed by the Wardancers, the question is what happens to the dryads as they are not in contact with an enemy...do they overrun into the Chariot, or just would move as normal?

Thanks

Alathir
20-07-2007, 03:59
The dryads would not overrun as there was no one to pursue (assuming the orcs were completely wiped out through combat)

If this is the case, the dryads simply stand there and move as normal as they are no longer in contact with any enemies.

I could be wrong though..

knightime98
20-07-2007, 06:57
The first part of this equation is the over run rule. Only chargers on the FIRST round of combat can EVER over run. So, this is not the case.

The second part of this equation, what happens to the dryads. They try and keep congruency and contact with the Orcs. If the Orcs are completely wiped out AND there is no space for the Dryads to slowly keep formation then they are no longer considered in combat. They get to move as normal in the next turn. This situation happens much more often than you think. Once you get ranked up guys in there and they start blocking each other. This usually happens when the opponent starts getting whittled down to a character and Standard or some such thing. So, it seems to me!

Jonke
20-07-2007, 07:58
When the orcs are killed the dryads are no longer in combat so are free to move normally. They may not make an overrun move unless they were charging and wiped the orcs out in their first round of combat.

Peace!

NightHaunter86
20-07-2007, 10:51
Thanks a ton guys for the quick answers!