PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Update

DTWATKINS
20-07-2007, 21:16
I don't know if this is the right place but it seems best to put my question here. In my Chaos army I have a Chaos Spined Beast. In the rules for this CC monster it references the daemonic gifts in the current Chaos codex, which as you may know will be replaced in Sept. My question is what is the normal procedure for continuing using this model i.e. do I use both codices together or just ignore the Gifts option?

Also for the Marks of Chaos it lists should I use the old ones e.g. MoT makes it a sorcerer, or the new ones e.g. MoT gives +1 Inv Sv?

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Patriarch
21-07-2007, 07:38
Probably best in the rules section of the forum.

Anyway, each codex entirely replaces its predecessor, so you don't carry any of the old rules over to the new one. In September your old Chaos codex effectively beomes obsolete, you can't pick some rules from the old and some from the new.

However, the new codex contains rules for Chaos Spawn, which sound like they could be used to represent your beast. There is no reason you can't continue to use your models even if there is no apparent way in the new codex to represent it having MoT or whatever. Just assume the effects for its "Tzeentchiness" are subsumed into its normal game rules.

Amongst your own group of friends, you could have your own house rules to game with it as before, if they give you their permission. But when playing against new gamers, or in a situation where you are strictly following the rules, you won't be able to do this.

DTWATKINS
21-07-2007, 11:24
Thanks for the advise, I'll repost my question in the rules section.