PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts of Lizardmen

Dirty Fingers
21-07-2007, 05:13
Just the list i've been painting up, so mostly just stuff that I like. Tell me what you think....as well as the best way to shave off 13 points. I could take off two skinks, but that would kinda do away with the break test thing i've been hearing about, something about 13 being a magical number

Saurus Oldblood
Blade of Revered Tzunki
Maiming Shield
Light Armour

Saurus Scar Veteran
Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent
Light Armour
Shield

Skink Priest
Lv. 2
Dispel Scroll

Skink Priest
Lv. 2
Dispel Scroll

19 Saurus Warriors with full command

19 Saurus Warriors with full command (obviously, Oldblood goes in one unit, the Scar Veteran goes in the other)

13 Skinks with javelin and shield (screen in front of kroxigors)

13 skinks with blowpipes

3 Kroxigors

3 Terradons

3 Salamander Hunting Packs

1 Stegadon (couldn't resist, he's just too cool)

Total: 2013 points

help me make 2000, please! 12 skinks is looking more tempting by the second...Also, could i get away with one level 2 scroll caddy with 2 scrolls?

kroq'gar
21-07-2007, 05:32
Personally, i found blocks of saurus get pounded.

Maiming shield doesnt benefit from the rules for the revered blade, so its really a waste of points.

If i take that blade its paired with the jaguar talisman and mark of sotek (charge 18, 6attacks, st6, ws6 attacks that ignore armour saves).

For anti magic in a list like this i take 1 lvl 1 skink with diadem of power. Use him to store 2 power dice, that you release as dispel, meaning he can generate 3 dispel dice if he doesnt cast.

Also i noticed no blessed spawings for your hero/lord. Mark of tepoc generates a dispel dice for each hero toting it. Heros may take markings and join a saurus unit so long as that saurus unit doesnt have a different blessing to the character (eg a unit with +1 armour save could only be joined by a +1 armour save character. The character however can join any non marked saurus).

Hope this helps.

happy_doctor
21-07-2007, 10:28
A very nice, balanced list!
Some pointers to make it better:

-the maiming shield argument stands. If you want a cheaper weapon option, wake either the sword of might (having S6 means a -3 armour save), or a GW with the gleaming pendant of chotec (S7, strikes first in that crucial round of combat), or the cheaper burning blade of chotec (giving you a total of -4 armour save...not to mention it kills treemen in an instant). However, to maxzimize the effects of the blade of tzunki, do take the jaguar charm..it's the way to go :D

-Consider dropping a dispel scroll for the diadem of power.It will add flexibility to your magic phase. Against magic heavy armies you'll have more DD, against dwarves you'll have more power dice!

-Don't deploy the saurus ina 4x5 formation...It only takes one casualty to strip you from the bonus rank, you'll be better served by a 3x6 formation (more attacks)

-If you want to save points, drop the one skink priest, drop the extra level on the other and give both of your characters the blessed spawning of tepok. that will give you 5 DD and 2 scrolls.(which is more than enough against all but the heaviest magic)

-Kroxigors will work better in units of 4. This way the can easily take on a ranked unit.(even ironbreakers!!)

-Consider giving the Battle Standard to the scar-veteran.It will make your saurus blocks immovable and increase the survivability of the stegadon. If you do so, the sword of hornet is the way to go with the BSB...4 S5 strikes first attacks will help him survive and will protect your saurus warriors at the same time!

-another combo I have found effective for the olblood is charm of jaguar warrior, aura of quetzl, enchanted shiled, spawning of tlatzcotl,quetzl, sotek and GW. Depending on the circumstances, the guy can hold off a dragon indefinitely (he can generate a 0+/4+ save), charge a unit of jezzails head on, rip apart a unit of knights or counter the effectiveness of a vampire lord!

hope i helped

Happy_doctor

Dirty Fingers
22-07-2007, 01:17
Thanks a lot guys!. I'm reworking another list right now.

I know about the Charm and Blade combo, but it's not soemthing i want to do with this list. Later, i'll make a heavy skink/salamander skirmishing list without saurus blocks, and then i'll take that dude.

Thanks for the idea about the Diadem of power and the tepoks, that'll probably drop me to the points i want. Forgot that the BSB can still take Sword of the Hornet, so i'll probably be doing that. Also didn't know that Maiming Shield's extra ttack wouldn't be a Blade of Revered Tzunki attack, so thanks for pointing that out. I'll draw up another list now.

Dirty Fingers
22-07-2007, 01:33
Alrighty, revised list, units are the same as before, but the characters have been reworked. I think this is a lot better....that and the points problem has been solved.

Saurus Oldblood
Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent
Maiming Shield
Light Armour
Blessed Spawning of Tepok

Saurus Scar Veteran
Battle Standard Bearer
Sword of the Hornet
Light Armour
Blessed Spawning of Tepok

Skink Priest
Lv. 1
2 Dispel Scrolls

Skink Priest
Lv. 1
Diadem of Power

19 Saurus Warriors with hw&shields (Oldblood here)

19 Saurus Warriors with hw & shields (Scar Vet here)

13 Skinks with javelins and shields

13 skinks with blowpipes

3 Kroxigors

3 Terradons

3 Salamander Hunting Packs

Stegadon

Total: 2001 points (shouldn't be a problem, though if it really really is i guess i'll drop the light armour on one of my characters, probably the Scar Vet since he'd be striking first anyway with the sword of the hornet).

Total Power Dice: 4 (up to six with diadem)
Total Dispel Dice: 6 (up to 8 with diadem plus two dispel scrolls)
So what do you guys think now? I feel better about it personally. That and my magic defense actually seems more solid.

gerrymander61
22-07-2007, 15:55
Doesn't the Diadem of Power require that the bearer be lv 2? Like, can't he only put his power/dispel dice in there. idk, I just remember reading that somewhere....

I could be wrong...

kroq'gar
26-07-2007, 02:10
You can only store dice the character could use- in this case the one the bearer generates, and one from the base pool accesable by anyone.

That list looks alot more solid.

Those 3 kroxigors should be used to flank with the javalin skinks, dont remember there special formation fighting, it'll keep the rather easy to kill kroxigors alive.

on that note, beware of blowpipes. Moving, long range and 2x multiple shot give -3 modifier removing poison. Javalins on the other hand dont suffer and of these, plus if you use them to take out crews or the like the shields give them a 5+ save in combat.

If your planning to make them move then javalins are the best. I find blowpipes work well when scouted somewhere nice, sat still and multiple shot.

Rathstar
27-07-2007, 19:48
Hi,

The diadem allows the bearer to store up to two of "his own unsed" dice. The dice from the pool does not belong to the skink priest. Either up the skink priest to level 2 or I'd swap the diadem for a scroll. You magic defense should still be fine against all but the stringest magic defense (you'll still have 6 dispel dice and three scrolls).

Apart from the diadem on a lvl 1 the list looks good.

Rathstar

kroq'gar
29-07-2007, 06:20
Theres another forum on this topic of the diadem. The general consensus there is he can, but it you want to be a stikler, there is no 'personal' dispel dice, like there are power. It is a pool, like the 2 dice power pool. The item would be unable to store any dispel dice at all if your interpretation were implemented.