PDA

View Full Version : The blood bowl pitch

riddles
21-07-2007, 13:57
Me and my friends are just starting a blood bowl league. In our teams we have incorporated some big guy players, my team is an ogre team. We are having problems with the big guys fitting on the pitch. The bases are bigger than the squares on the pitch. Im sure many of you have had similar problems?

To rectify this i have decided to attempt to build a blood bowl pitch. Im sure ive seen it done somewhere. If anyone knows where a link would be appreciated.

This is not why i have posted though. I intend to mark the squares with tile spacers. However i wondered what best to make the pitch from? Would wood work? or foam board? Ideas and thoughts appreciated.

Cheers!

David

PhrollikK
21-07-2007, 14:49
As a matter of fact I'm building a stadium right now :) What I've done is take a chipboard and saw down to size (about 1.0m x 0.8m). On this I marked out the pitch-area using pins stuck into the board. Painted the board with a mix of green (grass) and brown (worn grass) and onto this I spray-glued flock (green/brown). I then sprayed some watered down glue on the flock to keep it in place.

That's as far as I've come. What's left is marking out the reserve/CAS boxes, turn/RR boxes and painting out all the lines. I painted a logo onto the middle of the board pre-flock with the stadium name. I'm also making a dice-tower that'll fit onto the sideline :chrome:

Darkson
21-07-2007, 15:03
A popular alternative that's is being made more and more is a 40mm pitch, which allows big guys to fit in the squares standing and prone (apart from the odd treeman).

If you're interested (and serious) there's a thread about it on TalkBloodBowl (can't find the link at the moment), and one about getting some scaled passing templates made. The thread originator is a member of league that all play on 40mm pitches.

th0r
21-07-2007, 17:09
Thats a good idea, I always hate playing against big guys, especially when they fall down and take up 3 squares behind them.

HarkonGreywolf
21-07-2007, 17:46
I'd be interested in that link too if anyone has it.

HG

Darkson
22-07-2007, 17:45
Still can't find the thread on the 40mm pitches, but here's the one about the passing templates:
http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22889

If you contact the threads originator (generaljason) he can tell you more.

[Note] As TBB Admin, I'd better say that you can't view threads there unless you're logged in, and all new sign-ups have to be authorised by one of the admins.

the1stpip
23-07-2007, 14:33
WE always had a problem with the passing templates, when we built a bigger pitch.

We used a hell of a lot of 40mm bases...

Don__Vito
23-07-2007, 16:59
I have 'Prone' and 'Stun' templates when using big guys. Means you don't have treemen taking up six spaces on the board.

Yorkiebar
23-07-2007, 17:23
The best pitch I've ever seen was done by rev, a member on here, and he wrote a full step-by-step article (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63327) on how it was made. Hope that helps!

h3ndrix
10-09-2007, 18:47
You can get the 40MM pitch at ImpactMiniatures.com