PDA

View Full Version : lizardman 2,000 pts

Imperial Dragon
21-07-2007, 14:02
Old blood -light armour, Mirror Shield, Sword of the Hornet, Spawning of Quetzl, Aura of Quetzl

Skink Priest- Level 2, Cube of Darkness

Skink Priest- Level 2, Diadem of Power, Dragonfly of Quicksilver

Skink Priest- Level 2, Rod of Storm, Scout

19 Saurs- Full Command, Spawning of Quetzl (run with the old blood)

20 Saurs - Full command

13 skinks (javelin and shield)

10 skinks- scout (blowpipes)

10 skinks- scout (blowpipes)

4 Kroxigors

3 salamanders

3 Terradons

Total - 1996 pts

any C&C welcomed

ReveredChaplainDrake
21-07-2007, 16:10
Really not that bad. Your non-character units are pretty solid. There are a few things I would suggest for your characters though:

-Do something with the Oldblood. He's one of the most killer fighters in the game, yet the Hornet Sword and the Mirror Shield hardly do him justice. The real irony of the Hornet Sword is that the Oldblood's Initiative is still crap, so if you fight against other "strikes first" units, such as those that charge you, you're probably not going first anyway. You're better off tanking up, weathering the storm, and striking back ten times harder. (Or taking the Gleaming Saurus route with the Pendant of Chotec, which benefits your entire unit.) Your big-four swords that you should stick to are the Blade of Tzunki, the Blade of Chotec, the Scimitar of the Sun, and the Sword of Might. The Mirror Shield is also a very unusual choice that I wouldn't really take against anybody except Missiletoad Slanns, and even then, reflecting the Magic Missiles won't scratch the Slann. It can be a nasty surprise, but it's a one-trick-pony. Your opponent is more likely to shoot Magic Missiles at your non-Quetzl unit anyway. I'd take it once, just to scare people, and then when they're not looking, play an Enchanted / Maiming Shield on your Oldblood instead next game.

-Your Skinks have some pretty luxurious setups. However, Lizardmen arcane items usually tend to suck compared to the Common Arcane items, like Scrolls and Powerstones. Take your Diadem & Dragonfly Priest, but have some more magic defense. 2000 is when you start seeing the likes of Lv4 Necrarchs, Elven Seer Councils, Thunder-Chicken lists, and 2nd Gen Slanns.

tanka
23-07-2007, 02:07
Looks decent, one major change that I'd make though is to take a BSB.
With all the tricks he's got a +1 save(cold one, LA, quetzl) and a 5+ ward save(glyph necklace), and strikes at strenght 5(sword of might). With a BSB those two units of sauras need a serious beating to make them run.

This then leaves the old-blood to play the point-click-kill role, with the aid of his shiny shoes(charm of the jaguar) and as for sword wise, burning blade is my favourite, hits hard and doubles damage to any trees running around.
He then has 6 attacks on the charge(sotek) a 1+ save(quetzl, LA, enchanted shield).

This then leaves you with the 2 skink priests, cube and mark of the old ones gives you a 75% chance of ending the phase, or 4 scrolls can do the same job, and you can give the oldblood the +1 Dispel dice spawning as well.
This list just fits, and has the points to take tepok on the 1 unit of sauras.

If you want to stay with the old-blood and 3 priests then take at least 2 scrolls, but other than that not any serious changes I would make that haven't already been mentioned.

Just my two pennies,
Adam