PDA

View Full Version : what to do? what to do? Aegius' apocalypse thread

Aegius
24-07-2007, 12:50
Well. Apocalypse is coming soon and I want to have a huge army to play this version of 40k with. I've already got 3 armies that I use whenever I play my games of 40k so It would make sence to just build on what I have got, the problem is, I don't really know which one to choose. At the moment, I'm thinking eldar, I already have about 2750pts of eldar including a mkII scorpion super heavy grav tank, so this seems to make the most sence. here is a link to the project log that I started when the eldar were first re-released: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48059. I will try to post some pictures I've taken more recently soon.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
24-07-2007, 12:56
ELDAR dammit! Scorpions FTW!

Aegius
24-07-2007, 13:07
Hmmmm after looking through my spare room and discovering another box of dire avengers and a vyper (both unopened) I've pretty much decided that it will be Eldar for me :)

Aegius
24-07-2007, 13:41
here are my recon units so far
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00461.jpg

Aegius
24-07-2007, 13:43
wip warwalker with painted warwalker
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00463.jpg

Aegius
24-07-2007, 13:45
and here are my swooping hawks with wip exarch. (sorry about triple post, still trying to get the hang of the advanced features.)
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00464.jpg

ginger space marine
24-07-2007, 14:13
Love the cloaks on the rangers, very dark and shadowy

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
24-07-2007, 14:21
ZOMG! those are some niiiiiiiiice eldar dude :D

Pekel
24-07-2007, 14:24
Hawt stuff!

Searching for something helpful to say, I looked carefully at the pictures. All I coud really see is that the War Walker looks a bit odd with highlighting on the armor edges but not the gems. They're raised surface and should get a bit more love to make them pop. Aide from that, flawless!

Light of the Emperor
24-07-2007, 14:59
I'm a fan of the sceme. Well executed too!

Aegius
24-07-2007, 21:52
Hawt stuff!

Searching for something helpful to say, I looked carefully at the pictures. All I coud really see is that the War Walker looks a bit odd with highlighting on the armor edges but not the gems. They're raised surface and should get a bit more love to make them pop. Aide from that, flawless!

errm, dunno what to say here, the gems are done like gems, guess they just don't show up in the piccies.

I have used snot green on the gems, then done the dark part dark angels green and the light part gobbo green before putting a little white dot on them and using 'ard coat. must be due to poor light when taking the picture that they don't show up.

Aegius
29-07-2007, 15:24
Here is another WIP unit, my Shining spears. sorry about the photo quality :S

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00466.jpg

One of the stands broke just before I took the photo. that'll teach me to put them in my carry case in a tightly packed area.

ss_cherubael
29-07-2007, 15:35
mate those are some very very nice pansys you have there, um i mean eldar...lol
no joke those guys look very awesome, i would commit genocide to get the painting skill you have!
Keep up the good work, i expect to drool over more eldar soon!

skott4991
29-07-2007, 15:43
mate those are some very very nice pansys you have there, um i mean eldar...lol
no joke those guys look very awesome, i would commit genocide to get the painting skill you have!
Keep up the good work, i expect to drool over more eldar soon!

Genocide dosnt work :skull:.

:p

Seriosly though, very nice stuff.:)

Aegius
31-07-2007, 21:54
thx for the kind comments guys. I've just got a new job, so painting will be slow for a while as I get used to the new working hours. I will still be updating from time to time, but nowhere near daily.

Scanno
31-07-2007, 22:42
Beauts of Space Elves you've got there, love it.

Lew_b81
31-07-2007, 23:39
Hey, my comment was deleted!
I blame you Steve, you smelly idiot.

Will the Shining Spears be finished for tomorrow?
More importantly, are the Hawks done now? I like them best. You should've dipped them in that truck full of Hawk Turquoise. ;)

Savnock
01-08-2007, 02:16
Wow, everything looks good but the rangers are definitely the best. I particularly like the subtle line-camo on their cloaks.

You do great painting work man, so it's worth it to work on your photos. Just do better lighting and that'll go a long way.

Keep up the good work!

Oh, and do you know what sort of formation you'd like your Eldar to have, given the Apocalypse rumors? Doesn't look like a Windrider host. Scout host?

Khorghan
01-08-2007, 03:29
Nice work.

BDJV
01-08-2007, 04:28
They look most excellent!

TheStrategist
01-08-2007, 05:46
I like them. Nice, clean colours. Effective transition to Aspect Warriors. A+ this far. Keep up the good work. ;)

P.S: Make sure to not become distracted with the new shiny things GW is pumping out on full tilt this year. Finish it all off before moving on. Otherwise you'll end up like me, with what, 6 unpainted armies....:cries:

Dark Apostle
01-08-2007, 08:03
Nice eldar, I really like the rangers and the war walkers.

Brother Muninn
01-08-2007, 09:52
I like the Rangers, I feel the simple camo really does the model justice.

Aegius
02-08-2007, 19:52
Oh, and do you know what sort of formation you'd like your Eldar to have, given the Apocalypse rumors? Doesn't look like a Windrider host. Scout host?

Again, thanks for the nice comments everyone. In answer to the above question, I'm going for the mechanised aspect warrior army, I already have 2 waveserpents, 10 dire avengers, 6 banshees and 6 fire dragons finished. :)

atm, I am building up some new units, I have just finished putting together a squad of guardians, who may get a waveserpent. I have a box of dire avengers and a vyper to do, but I think I may get a few of the other wip's finished first.

Custard
20-08-2007, 11:36
Superb smooth painting with a lovely looking colour scheme. I envy your Spears. ;)

We need pics of those skimmers now!!! :p

P.S: Make sure to not become distracted with the new shiny things GW is pumping out on full tilt this year.

Agreed, Tzeentchian Chaos Orcs are already threatening to take over my, recently started, Eldar.

Aegius
24-09-2007, 21:35
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00481.jpg

Well, Games day came and went and some guy from forge world mugged me of 160 and left this in my hands. :) I've started painting it today, but I didn't have my camera with me after I had finished the work for the day. I will try and get some updates for the weekend.

CaptainSenioris
24-09-2007, 21:43
Nice, quick question, is that where the arms are going to end up?

Aegius
24-09-2007, 21:45
It is my intention to pose the arms like that, but if anyone has any better ideas I'd love to hear them. The arms are quite difficult to pose on this particular model.

CaptainSenioris
24-09-2007, 21:49
I don't know if it's the angle the photo has been taken from but they just don't look right to me, is there not an arm attached to those Pulsars?

Earthbeard
24-09-2007, 21:50
Nice crisp models you have here.

Not liking the pose on the Titan's arms, seems really awkward and not how it would move, if you get my meaning!

Maybe its just the angle of the shot? Any side or birds eye views, so get a better look to see if it is just the photo?

floyd pinkerton
24-09-2007, 21:50
erm, ace stuff mate, but why does your titan have no arms?

CaptainSenioris
24-09-2007, 21:55
You asked for a suggestion so I thought of one, have the Titan's right arm pointing in the direction that the Titan is looking and the left one in a lowered 'relaxed' position or in a defiant raised position.

Aegius
24-09-2007, 22:25
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00483.jpg

here is another angle. sorry about the quality of the pics, its dark and 'orrible here. The idea of the pose is that it is menacing. perhaps firing the finishing shot into a badly damaged warhound.

CaptainSenioris
24-09-2007, 22:29
Right am I mad or did that take you an hour?

Or was that first pic a little older that your post.

P.S. one of your Pulsars is a little bent, nothing a bath in hot water and some bending can't solve.

Aegius
24-09-2007, 22:33
hehe, I took the first picture this morning, but couldn't get to the correct sony stick to upload the picture. The bent pulsar is not getting dealt with yet as part of it was snapped in the mould and I need to get forgeworld to send me a new one. I'm working on the rest of the model in the meantime, it's going to take me long enough to get it finished, let alone waiting for new bits to arrive from forgeworld.

CaptainSenioris
24-09-2007, 22:43
FW should be good with a replacement part, they see it as a slight against their honour that you didn't get it perfect first time. I only had a problem getting replacement AI Fighta Wings back when ork Fightas were selling like hotcakes in Feb.

Pose looks a lot better now btw, kind of aloof, I like it.

Lew_b81
24-09-2007, 22:56
Why isn't it flying, eh?

Sorry Steve, I don't like the pose. Cheaty Eldar titans are dainty and elegant, not forceful and imposing.

Shinigami
25-09-2007, 12:33
absolutely stunning mate,

i cant wait to see more,

Shinigami

Daniel36
25-09-2007, 13:02
Looking at your paintwork I'd say Eldar was definitly the right choice! Good stuff!! Forgeworld is too expensive though.... They must put something in the resin that tells your brain to buy it anyways...

Lord Commander Eidolon
25-09-2007, 14:54
nice colour scheme amazing titan, shame its gonna be getting smoked by lots of guard players with baneblades

cyrus
25-09-2007, 15:03
I love the colour scheme...

Earthbeard
25-09-2007, 15:33
Looks a lot better from that new angle.

/thumbsup

doghouse
25-09-2007, 15:39
Very, very nice! :)

Aegius
30-09-2007, 12:19
I've just taken some revenant update piccies, but I can't find the adapter for the camera card at the moment. I'll post them when I find the adapter

Aegius
30-09-2007, 14:51
Yay! I found my memory stick adaptor. So here is the update. After I have finished on the computer I will do the details on the torso of the titan, I'm waiting for a new pulsar to arrive from forgeworld before I actually start work on the weapons. That way the colours will match on both the weapons. The slight difference between the reds on the model so far are due to the head being varnished and the body still being unvarnished, when I have done all the details I will varnish the body too and the reds SHOULD match up.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00485.jpg

I'm not too sure why the red looks so patchy in the pictures, it doesn't look at all patchy on the real model.

alphachicken
30-09-2007, 15:16
wow...great models and clean nice blended highlights with vibrant colours. I like them all. The titan seems to be coming out well, such a great model of forgeworld *sigh*

continue please, Im watching =)

Gropius
30-09-2007, 16:13
I have a question. As I am about to start building my Revenant I would like to know if you have any tips on building the titan's feet. I ask because the connection of the front part of the foot to the ankle joint seems very, very fragile.

Aegius
30-09-2007, 16:23
Yes the joints are quite fragile, this is the reason I went for the walking pose instead of some crazy jumping pose. I built the legs so that the titan could stand up on its own without being attached to a base, this meant that the pose has got a pretty central centre of gravity, which puts less pressure on the joint. I've not pinned any of the model as I hate pinning. I've attached the model to the base by superglueing the right foot to the base and building up greenstuff around the other foot to add a bit of stability.

I hope this answers your question. If not, just let me know and I will try again ;)

also, build the feet and wait for the glue to dry before attaching it to the titan.

CaptainSenioris
02-10-2007, 11:40
Wow, that's looking nice.

FW spare part usually take some time, they don't usually have them lying around.

moredakkadakka
06-10-2007, 21:45
wow there looking quite beautiful , now get paintin ya lazy git ! ;]

skott4991
06-10-2007, 23:06
wow there looking quite beautiful , now get paintin ya lazy git ! ;]

Seconded.

On both comments:D

Aegius
21-10-2007, 10:13
Ok guys. sorry about the lack of updates, but between a certain online game, work and looking at pretty, sparkly things, I've not done a lot of work.

here is a list of the stuff I have yet to do

swooping hawk exarch
revenant - still waiting on parts from forgeworld.
warwalker - I've done a bit of work on this recently and it is nearing completion
vibrocannons
falcon grav tank with all the bling
guardian squad
dire avenger squad - half painted already

a lot of these models are nearly at a very very basic gaming standard, but I would like to get them all finished so that I can actually feel like I have achieved something. I'm going to take a bunch of work in progress shots a little later today and post them in here.

I've also got another box of dire avengers and a vyper which are yet to be built. I think I'll be buying more waveserpents and falcons before then.

and on a positive note, here is a list of the stuff that is actually finished for this army:

farseer
bonesinger
warlock
autarch
6 fire dragons
6 howling banshees
5 pathfinders
10 dire avengers
2 wave serpents
4 swooping hawks
3 shining spears (not completely finished, but look good enough for now.)
1 vyper
1 firestorm
1 pheonix bomber
1 wraithlord
1 warwalker
1 scorpion super heavy grav tank.

I think that pretty much covers it. Damn, it looks like I've collected my eldar in a pokemon 'gotta have 'em all' kind of way. must start painting multiple units of the same type. sorry about the long post, but it has been a while since my last update.

Earthbeard
21-10-2007, 11:45
The Titan is coming along nicely indeed.

Impressive number of guys finished so far.

Fourth Captain Tycon
21-10-2007, 15:55
I really like the looks of this army, the jade green goes well with that red, especially on the titan. Can't wait to see more from you. Keep up the good work.

4th Cap

Jomee
21-10-2007, 17:21
Good stuff.

Aegius
22-10-2007, 21:42
I was going to post these pictures yesterday, but someone broke warseer so I couldn't.

The daunting task ahead.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00488.jpg
this is all of the work in progress stuff that I have left to do. Not to mention the stuff that I have not even put together yet.

and here is a shot of the titan so far.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00489.jpg

and thanks for all the nice comments peeps.

floyd pinkerton
22-10-2007, 23:21
oh lord...:D

I <3 W
26-10-2007, 06:41
some high class work m8

CaptainSenioris
26-10-2007, 10:08
Nice work, makes me want to start painting the last unpainted bits of my eldar army, but I have a full company of Imperial Fists to paint:cries:

Crisis_Core
26-10-2007, 10:36
Mate, I absoultely love your eldar, you've really got the highlighting and blending down. Cant wait to see this titan of yours finished, it looks masiive!

last akodo
26-10-2007, 13:36
Doing a great job on those eldar. Its making me want to go finish repainting mine. Nice job on the colour shceme I had my doubts but you are pullingit off nicely. Love the choice for basing too.

Do you have any plans to add on extra details to the large flat areas on the titan?

I <3 W
27-10-2007, 00:51
I like 'em, can't wait to see more.

Shorty McShortshort
27-10-2007, 18:57
wow. your eldar are looking really nice steve, but one question, are you going to do any fancy painting on the rev?

Sgt_Hudson
28-10-2007, 10:45
Hey dude, looking awesome so far! So when you coming over to my hood???

Aegius
28-10-2007, 17:04
again, thanks for the positive comments. I've been away this weekend and only just got back. I'm about to break out the brushes again and finish off 5 of my dire avengers.

@captainsenioris. good luck with the company of marines, I have nearly a company of eagle warriors now and it has taken me a fair bit of time. Are you going to be doing a painting log?

@ shorty and last akodo. I wasn't planning on doing anything fancy with the titan for now, but it does have a lot of potential for something special to be done to it. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

@sgt_Hudson. Well, november will soon be upon us, I may come to Bath on the 10th of november or maybe the weekend after. I believe it's your round in the pub. :)

Aegius
28-10-2007, 20:50
well, I've finished 5 of my work in progress models now. The intimidating collection of models is looking a little less intimidating now. Here are the 5 dire avengers I finished this afternoon. sorry about the photo quality, the light in the room is a bit bad.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00492.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00490.jpg

not sure what I'm going to work on next, although my warwalker does look close to completion, so I may work on that.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00495.jpg

Your Evil Twin
28-10-2007, 21:56
That dire avenger looking round the lamp post looks really well protected :D but seriously these guys look awesome! Fantastic scheme and nicely done!

Im also doing Eldar for apoc, 3 falcons all firing super charged pulse lasers and bright lances really rips through super heavies hehe!

Keep it up!
Your Evil Twin

hallowed_are_the_ori
29-10-2007, 02:43
Everything is good except that snow flock. Might wanna thicken it a little, other than that, perfectly painted :)

CaptainSenioris
29-10-2007, 11:10
Wow loving the way you've done the Shuriken catapults. It's black but its not if you follow my meaning.

last akodo
29-10-2007, 12:15
some ideas for what markings you could put on the titan:
you could use symbology similar to the main eldar craftworlds or based off their ideas. eg vines for biel-tan, th slash/chevron for saim-hann, the lightning for ulthwe.
Or you could just use a bunch of runes and symbols like the warwalkers and wraithlords get in the codex.
Take a look at other races symbology and have a play with it.

The kind of crackly/scale pattern on the wraithguard on page 20 of the codex.

Personally I'm a big fan of the stylised lightning :D But I think the chevrons could suit the walker quite nicely

Aegius
03-11-2007, 10:04
sorry it's been a while since I last posted, I've not been at home all week.

Everything is good except that snow flock. Might wanna thicken it a little, other than that, perfectly painted :)

I agree with this comment, I've not got along too well with the snow flock so far. I do know someone that is awesome with it, I may have a word with him soon and get some advice.

I think I'm going to be doing the biel tann thorn pattern up the right leg of the revenant, but untill I get the damaged parts back from forgeworld the titan is low down on my list of painting tasks.

Shorty McShortshort
03-11-2007, 19:22
that sounds quite cool, but what are you painting at the moment?

moredakkadakka
03-11-2007, 23:30
MEH !@! updates???

Aegius
18-07-2008, 18:28
eurgh!!! threadomancy, but t'is necissary.

I've been outta the hobby for a little while and my available time for painting is seriously limited. I've decided that I'd like to get a squad of harlequins, but I'm a little unsure what to do with them. can anyone help me with links and pics please.

Son-Of-Sparda
03-10-2008, 10:48
Subscribed! :D

invinciblebug
31-10-2008, 14:15
Hey what heppened to Aegius this thread just died :(.

Sojourner
31-10-2008, 14:38
I see what you're trying to do with the Titan, apparently in the minority. They don't have to be looking stereotypical all the time and taking a pose that's uncharacteristic for them just makes them more...realistic, I suppose. The steady walking-forward-blasting looks very much like a killing blow, bearing down calmly and with malice and breaking 'character' for a short time when the moment takes it.

Aegius
31-10-2008, 15:51
Hey what heppened to Aegius this thread just died :(.

I'm still here, I've just been working on my Eagle warriors army for a little bit. errrrm, here is a snapshot of something that I've been working on:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/PICT0939.jpg

I worked on a fair few units before I started back on my marines, but they are all unfinished, just painted to basic gaming standard, the same as these wraithguard. I will move back onto the Eldar in time, but at the moment, the marine bug has bitten me hard.

Aegius
16-01-2009, 13:25
This army has become my flavour of the month. I've started a new painting regime now. Seeing as this army is already the best part of 4.5k, I've decided to slow down with my painting and start making some interesting looking units. At the moment, I'm working on a guardian squad, I will post a few snapshots later on.

Aegius
16-01-2009, 20:27
well here we go, this is the first member of what is going to be a 15 strong unit of guardian defenders.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00548-1.jpg

I've been touching up some of the details on my finished models in between painting stages. Most of it has been applying wet effect to gems and thickening up the snow.

Aegius
18-01-2009, 15:43
so far I have made 4 guardians and the grav platform, I'm taking an unusual approach with the painting this time and painting the models individually.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00549-1.jpg

here are the models that I am currently painting, well, I'm painting one of them, the other 2 have just been put together and undercoated.

Mr. Bounce
18-01-2009, 16:03
sweet i love this army!

I may even do an eldar army with this scheme in the future.

Dave

Aegius
18-01-2009, 17:49
here is my progress so far today, not sure if I'll be doing any more work on him.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00552.jpg

Aegius
19-01-2009, 20:32
and now I have finished the second guardian, only 13 more to go now.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00554.jpg

G.Hawke
19-01-2009, 20:38
great work dude, like the subtleties in the armour, and the snow bases! keep it up!

hawke

Aegius
20-01-2009, 16:24
wooo hooo!!!!!! I actually finished something in less than 24hrs. I'm a very happy man. :)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00563.jpg

The grav platform is now finished. I must admit, that I had already finished the grav part of it, I've just spent the last hour and a half doing the scatter laser and shield.

*I'm going to slow down with the updates, as I am making too many double/triple posts. I will update again, when I have finished 5 more models. This may take some time.*

lvyoda
22-01-2009, 21:56
I really like the dire avengers. All of your painting is very nice and nice and clean. Please keep up the updates.

Thanks,
rick

Aegius
02-02-2009, 23:42
I recently picked up some more models recently and I got a little distracted from the guardians. The good news is that this is one of the models I've been working on:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00566-1.jpg

He still needs a little bit of work, but he is more or less finished. Once he's done, I'll be moving back onto the guardians.

Aegius
09-02-2009, 15:54
Well, I've finished the Avatar. I may go and tidy up the loincloth at some point, but for now I'm happy with it.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/PICT0139.jpg

I've built some storm guardians, but I'll wait till I've finished the defenders before a post a picture of them.

Aegius
12-02-2009, 14:30
Okay, slightly cheaty update. I've recently written a 1500pt list and I'm currently trying to make everything wysiwyg. In order to do that, my waveserpent with brightlances needed to have an EML fitted and the chin mounted shuriken cannon replaced with shuriken catapults. While I was at it, I put a little bit of wet effect on the gems as I have found that this makes them more sparkley than just using ard coat.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/PICT0143.jpg

Aegius
19-02-2009, 14:08
Well, I've decided that painting guardians is actually painful. The squad that I am painting was originally going to be 15 strong, but I've decided to cut it down to a 10 man squad for my 1500pt list. I may add to it later, but for now, I'm just going to paint 10 of them, thats enough.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/PICT0160.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/PICT0161.jpg

After I've finished these off, I have to add the finishing touches to the shining spears on page 1 of this log, paint 5 more dire avengers to join the 5 that were shown a few pages back, paint a wraithlord, build and paint another wraithlord and paint another 10 guardians.

All in all, not a lot of work to do for a 1500pt army, but to be fair, I did use a lot of the models that I already had painted.

anywho.............back to the guardians.

Eldorad
06-03-2009, 22:02
Looking great mate.

I admire your tenacity - look at how good the guardians are looking now, and think how good they would look with a few more dudes ;)

In some ways painting as you choose, each figure on its own, is very rewarding. Especially since you get to see finished models sooner!

Love the titan too. How's he doing?

Aegius
06-03-2009, 22:18
Love the titan too. How's he doing?

I'm sorry to say it, but I got rid of the titan. It was the worst GW purchase I ever made. The only really good thing to come from it was the fact that I swapped it for the Avatar (see above) and a whole truck full of useful stuff.

The model was horrible to store and was soooooo fragile. I'm better off without it. I'll stick to super heavy grav tanks instead. :D

BeatTheBeat
07-03-2009, 08:20
Great Eldar log here, especially looking forward to that Titan! However, the War Walker and Dire Avengers are what really impresses me this far :) Keep it up, you've got a great sense for colours!

Aegius
08-03-2009, 15:33
Keep it up, you've got a great sense for colours!

This is possibly the nicest compliment anyone has ever given me for my painting. I'm very heavily colourblind, so I have to put a lot of thought into the colours that I choose. So thankyou very much beat. :D

Ocid
16-03-2009, 01:22
Damn Aegius your eldar are damn fine aswell. Very similar to the scheme i am going to use to paint up the 750pts of them i bought while delerious on painkillers last year. Though i won't come near to the quality of what you do.

Shame about the Titan though it was looking good.

Subbed to this one aswell as your Eagle Warriors :D

alphachicken
16-03-2009, 01:36
This is possibly the nicest compliment anyone has ever given me for my painting. I'm very heavily colourblind, so I have to put a lot of thought into the colours that I choose. So thankyou very much beat. :D

I think that might've be the cause of this great looking army. I don't think anyone goes for contrasting colours like red/green anymore, and I think they look brilliant together.

I hope you can work a bit faster, I want to see everything done, Im sure it'll look amazing at the end. 5/5 from me for the work so far :)

Aegius
17-03-2009, 00:29
Once I've finished painting my Eagle warriors bike squad I intend to come back to my Eldar to finish the guardian defender squad and possibly basecoat my storm squad.
I've decided to include some pictures of the storm squad in their current undercoated state.

Here are the first 5. You may reckognise the weapons on the centre model from the dire avenger sprues.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/PICT0228.jpg

Here are the other 5 from the squad. This squad has performed really well for me in games of 40K. I can't imagine playing a game without them now.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/PICT0235.jpg

And here is a shot of the whole squad:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/PICT0237.jpg

Well, off to paint marines then. See you back here soon.

Alex_H
17-03-2009, 18:52
Just came across the thread mate. It's all looking the dogs crown jewels mate. Keep up the good work.

Rirekon
20-03-2009, 13:47
Really nice colour scheme you've got there. I recently tried out a similar scheme for a custom marine chapter, so you've inspired me to try something similar for eldar.
Not a fan of the red personally, I'd probably go with white on those areas, but that's just me. They still look awesome :)

Aegius
20-03-2009, 14:04
I didn't go for white as a contrasting colour as I feel that this would have made the colour scheme a little too 'biel tann'.

On saying that, I've used white on the helms of the wraithguard and wraithlords.

Girr
20-03-2009, 15:27
Awsome log! that titan is huge and a fantastic centerpeace for the army. Can't wait to se more:)

Corrode
20-03-2009, 22:43
Fantastic looking Eldar, I love that Avatar :D

Aegius
21-03-2009, 15:59
I've just realised that I've not posted any army shots so far. I'll do that today as I've been having a little bit of a spring clean.

The first picture is of my 1500pt army. Its WIP but it is getting there. I have a few models that are being used as proxies. The old firedragons that are sprayed red are being used to bulk out the rest of my firedragon squad until I get around to buying some more of the new firedragon models. The other model that is being used is the wraithlord with brightlance. This is being used to represent a swordlord.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00604.jpg

next up is a shot of all my models together. I've included almost everything in my collection, whether it is finished or WIP. I was shocked with how much of the army I'd actually finished.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/DSC00611.jpg

The only models that are missing are my pheonix bomber, as it has no stand to go on and my second unit of dire avengers, which I had forgotten I'd left in a draw.

I want to work on the mechanised section of my army once I've caught up with everything else that I've got to do.

AdeptusOverton
21-03-2009, 20:37
Good work Steve loving this army mate..

I remember that Scorpion (gets all misty eyed)

Saim-Hann Lord
29-03-2009, 12:12
Your army looks awesome!!
Seeing your eldar is making me want to pull out my Saim-Hann and finish them off instead of my guard army for May...must...resist!!! :D

Radium
29-03-2009, 12:17
Looking good Aegius!

Now show us some close ups of the farseer and the bone singer!
Do you plan to add the squad marking/black stripes to the serpents? They look sweet on the other vehicles.

Chris_Lancaster
29-03-2009, 15:03
You make me want to paint Eldar :D

Aegius
29-03-2009, 15:15
Looking good Aegius!

Now show us some close ups of the farseer and the bone singer!
Do you plan to add the squad marking/black stripes to the serpents? They look sweet on the other vehicles.

Thanks mate. :)

I've already got a few sneaky pictures of the farseer and bonesinger in the log. If you go to my first post, there is a link to an older log that I had started. There are pictures of the scorpion, farseer, bonesinger, banshees, firedragons and some other stuff.

Aegius
21-04-2009, 19:30
I've finally finished the guardian defenders. I should really stop getting distracted by shiny things, I started them at the beginning of january. lol

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/PICT0333.jpg

I've changed my 1500pt list slightly. I've decided to use as many finished models as I can, so now I've only got the storm guardians and wraithlord to do, as well as a few little details on my falcon.

I'm working on the storm guardians now. They are all basecoated with red helmets now. I don't see me getting them done particularly quickly now that the weather is getting nicer, but hopefully we should see them finished well before august. hehe.

spekkiebig
21-04-2009, 20:04
If someone told he me he was going to paint his army in this colour combination, i would have laughed my pants off, because there is no way anyone can make it look good. But you've actualy managed to pull it off! :eek: This is on of the most original (wich is usualy a nice word for saying something looks very bad :eyebrows:, but not in this case :angel:) Eldar armies i've seen to date. I don't know how i've missed your log so long, because i also like your Eagle Warriors which i've seen around here before. Well keep up the good work Aegius!

bob_the_small
28-04-2009, 23:34
awesome work, the highlights are great! the white is also really good!

Belial's Apprentice
09-09-2009, 01:41
Love the army shots!! Your arvatar is bloody awesome!! Love the colour scheme too coz its not one you would expect or have seen before!!

easternheretic
10-09-2009, 02:08
Very nice army! I especially like the flames running up the avatars tabard.

A shame about the titan though. It would have made a stunning center piece.

rev
17-04-2010, 22:22
it's refreshing to see a really well and neatly painted eldar army in a unique scheme. They're so striking and stand out in such a positive way - love it.

Rev

razormasticator
25-03-2011, 19:52
Gorgeous Work man... Excellent palette choices here.

Icarium
27-03-2011, 00:50
Looks good. I like the guardians the colour scheme really suits them. The Avatar is also great....i might have to invest in one.

Aegius
24-08-2013, 21:41
Ok, so it has been a VERY long time since I last posted in here, but the recent codex rekindled my Eldar lovin'.

To start off with, I have 2 wraithlords for you to take a look at:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/2013-08-24212645.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/aegius/media/2013-08-24212645.jpg.html)

The first one is actually a repaint of my wraithlord with sword and bright lance. I did a little bit of repositioning with the arms and removed the brightlance.

Next up we have a Vyper. I painted this on the week leading up to the Eldar codex release:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/2013-08-24213208.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/aegius/media/2013-08-24213208.jpg.html)

Unfortunately, due to it being dark outside, the flash has drowned out a lot of the colour, but you get the idea.

Next up, the phoenix lord Karandras:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/1149128_10153089040765467_1724486024_o.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/aegius/media/1149128_10153089040765467_1724486024_o.jpg.html)

I do have 3 wraithguard painted too, but I'd prefer to wait till the squad is finished before posting them.

I'm working on a number of projects at the moment, so more pics might not be up for a little while, hopefully not, but we'll see.

Oh, I also painted an Iyanden wraithlord to sell at some point:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/7203_10153042465220467_572826904_n.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/aegius/media/7203_10153042465220467_572826904_n.jpg.html)

Aegius
19-12-2013, 17:57
Just over a year ago I put in an order to Forgeworld. I wanted 2 falcon type 2 upgrade kits, but they sent me some space marine dozer blades instead. Although they were very nice dozer blades, they looked a bit silly on the back of my falcons, so I called Forgeworld and told them about the mistake. The nice chap on the end of the phone told me that they'd send 2 kits out and that I could keep the dozer blades. When the kits arrived in the mail, they'd sent the wrong kits again, this time it was Wave serpent type 2 upgrade kits. I did try to make them fit on my falcons, but I couldn't, so I called up again. The chap on the phone was very nice and said that he'd get the kits sent out next day delivery, and because of the compound error, he'd send me 2 wave serpents to apologise. The next day, I received a parcel with the falcon upgrade kits and 2 shiny new wave serpents. I had no use for the wave serpent upgrade kits as they would've made my existing wave serpents look out of place as I added to the army, I was going to sell them but I'm glad I didn't. A few weeks ago I decided that my aspect warriors deserved dedicated transports in their aspect colours, so I decided to use the type 2 upgrade kits for my aspect wave serpents and keep all other wave serpents in the standard format. The first wave serpent to be painted is for my Dire avengers:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/2013-12-19174502.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/aegius/media/2013-12-19174502.jpg.html)

I do apologise for the quality of the photo, I just don't seem to be able to get good pictures at home at the moment.

If you want to see it in action, I recently had a game against lewb81, here's a link to the battle report:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?386479-1500pts-Tau-drop-troops-vs-Ava-nile-Eldar&p=7013353#post7013353

Fold
25-12-2013, 22:50
Welcome back! I haven't seen this thread before but I love that guardian defender squad, such care on each model.

And like spekkiebig I'd have probably laughed if someone said they were going to paint a turquoise and red scheme but it really does work, great imagination and execution.

Aegius
26-12-2013, 07:49
Thankyou very much sir. I've just taken a look through your log, and I've got to say that I'm impressed, that Autarch is a thing of beauty.:)

Updatey type thingy:

I wasn't truly happy with the Avatar's loin cloth, so I gave it another go. I've got to say, I'm happy with it now. I can finally sleep at night, well, I could if I didn't currently have insomnia, but, meh!!!!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/2013-12-19084623.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/aegius/media/2013-12-19084623.jpg.html)

I redid his base too as I was going to change my basing scheme away from snowy bases, but then I had a game with my Eldar on a snowy board, which means that I need to put MOAR SNOW on now, because snowy games are beautiful.

Aegius
06-01-2014, 13:13
How long ago were the Eldar re-released? well, I picked up a box of wraithguard on the release day and I've finally gotten around to finishing them. Well, not quite, I need to make the bases all snowy 'n that.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/2014-01-06130214.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/aegius/media/2014-01-06130214.jpg.html)

But on the other hand, Space hulk was released 4 and a bit years ago and I only got around to finishing this guy last week, or was it the week before?:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/2013-12-24040641.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/aegius/media/2013-12-24040641.jpg.html)

That puts my combined total of painted space hulk terminators up to 4.

Aegius
14-05-2014, 15:23
Right, I've not been on this log for a little while. The reason being is that I've found an army list that works for me and I haven't needed to paint anything for a while.

One problem I've been having with my list is Riptides. I don't have an awful lot of anti armour/monstrous creature type units in my list. I can deal with almost anything with my current list, even if it is a bit tricky, everything that is, except for Riptides.

In order to better deal with these behemoths of dooooooom, I've decided to replace my fireprism with 2 Warwalkers armed with scatterlaser/brightlance and see how they do.

Luckily for me, I had a spare warwalker that I bought in 2006 lying around:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/aegius/2014-05-14151557.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/aegius/media/2014-05-14151557.jpg.html)

I really enjoyed painting this model, I'm getting a bit bored of painting marines, I just need to find a reason to paint some more stuff for my Eldar.

I just need to head over to my local GW and pick up another one at some point, then see how they perform in games.

murgel2006
17-05-2014, 14:56
Very nice paint scheme.
And the base looks very realistic.

Jonahmaul
19-05-2014, 09:26
Really lovely, the blending on the panels is excellent as it is very smooth. Looking forward to seeing the next one.