PDA

View Full Version : One thing I never understood.

inq.serge
24-07-2007, 15:14
Risky actions how do they work? They say that a risky action gives some effects if you roll more 1s then 6s. Does it mean that if I roll I.E 2d6 on a risky action, and roll 1 and 5, then the risky thing happens? And with d10s then, if I roll 3d10 with a plasma pistol and roll a 1, 6 and 7 for damage, then it might explode, but if I roll 1, 6 and 6, then there's no risk? What happens if there's no dices involved, like running on debris?

Or is it like if you roll more 1s then 6s on action d6s? I.E.

"William Doctorow yells "You can't run on the debris on the ice, it's to risky!" To Marco.

GM: Ok, now it's Marcos turn, he has 4 actions, what does he do.

Player: Action one; he runs on the debris filled ice while yelling to Doctorow "Sounds like a challenge to me!" as a combined action. Action two; He keeps on running on the ice and shoots at the inquisitor Billy with the plasma pistol he stole from said Inq. Billy as a combined action. Action three; while running, he throws a frag grenade on Billys henchmen. Action four; He stops running and starts laughing, while yelling "You owe me 5 credits, Will" to Doctorow.

GM: Ok, quite risky. Roll the dice.

Player: OK; 4, 5, 4, 1!!!!!!:eek::mad:

GM: Ok, he falls over, his pistol [rolls d6] explodes, his grenade [rolls d6] explodes in his hand, he suffers a lot of damage , brakes a hole in the ice, and starts drowning.

Charax
24-07-2007, 15:31
When you roll for actions, you roll 1D6 for every action you're attempting, and on a 4+, it succeeds, right?

If you're attempting a risky action, if more of THOSE dice come up as 1s than 6s, then any risky actions you've attempted fail (assuming you've got enough actions to actually *get* to the risky action.

Example: A speed 4 character wants to walk, aim, fire a Plasma Pistol then walk again. 4 actions.

He rolls his action dice - 1, 1, 4, 6 - 2 successful actions, he walks and aims, but isn't able to fire his plasma pistol, so nothing goes wrong - even though it's a risky action and he rolled more 1s than 6s.

Now, example 2 - the speed 4 character wants to aim, fire a plasma pistol then walk twice - he again rolls a 1, 1, 4 and 6 - 2 successful actions. One of the successful actions was a risky action, and he rolled more 1s than 6s. Therefore he aims, fires his Plasma pistol and it overheats.

the 1s and 6s thing only happens with the *Action Roll*, no other roll.

And yes, it's a stupid system that means that either all the risky actions during a turn pass, or they all fail. It's also much safer to leave risky actions to the end of the turn, because it's impossible to fail them unless you have a speed higher than 6.

inq.serge
24-07-2007, 15:55
I know that you don't care about my opinion, but still, thank you Charax.