PDA

View Full Version : End to "Dawn of War" novel SPOILERS

Rich
10-04-2005, 18:08
At the end of the Dawn of War novel, am I correct in believing that the daemon is in fact Inquisitor Toth, and has been manipulating the marines from the start? Or am I just reading the novel erroneously? I find some of the writing slightly confusing!

Black Ambience
10-04-2005, 19:56
The Daemon is not Toth - he wanders off to leave the planet before the Daemon appears to our good Captain.

PlagueLord
11-04-2005, 15:37
Is the plot of the novel any more coherent than the plot of the game? At the end of the game I got the impression that:
1. The eldar on that world are about as bright as a 3 watt (lets speak in criptic riddles until its too late to stop chaos...)
2. The Blood Ravens are not particularly brave (let out a giant demon and don't even bother fighting it??)

Black Ambience
11-04-2005, 18:21
1) The Eldar a) work in ways that we cannot truly understand thanks to their future-sight and b) were being hampered all over the place by the amazingly amazing Sindri Myr's schemes and manipulations.

2) The Blood Ravens were being forced off the planet by a Warp Storm, and only the good Captain knew of the Daemon's manifestation. To stay on that blasted rock would have been to die, without question or reason (very Marine like really, but none the less...). As he said, he knows of the Daemon now, and will no doubt hunt it down with the proper tools.