PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me! about games! Please?

Nazguire
21-08-2005, 05:31
I be interested in a new console. Currently I've eliminated my beloved Nintendo from the competition. After the fiasco of the Gamecube (where good games were hard to come by and not much games released) I am not willing to spend a heap of money on a console that won't get much support.

I don't know much about either the PS3 or X-Box 360. Could someone give me a broad and general description on the games, specs, features, support etc on these two consoles?

Catterjee
21-08-2005, 06:00
Kind of premature to say, isn't it? All the specs and hype in the world don't make good games.

Brimstone
21-08-2005, 06:09
Yes way to early, the PS3 looks to be more powerful but the 360 has superior online support.

However power doesn't mean better games or domination of the market as the (ps2/xbox proved). Onliine gaming is important for some but not all.

If you want to be a "early adopter" then you will be paying premium prices and taking a risk that the console you choose will be the less supported one.

At the moment personally I prefer the PS3 but it's a far closer choice for me than it was for the previous generation.

Nazguire
21-08-2005, 07:23
Yes way to early, the PS3 looks to be more powerful but the 360 has superior online support.

However power doesn't mean better games or domination of the market as the (ps2/xbox proved). Onliine gaming is important for some but not all.

If you want to be a "early adopter" then you will be paying premium prices and taking a risk that the console you choose will be the less supported one.

At the moment personally I prefer the PS3 but it's a far closer choice for me than it was for the previous generation.

awww.....

You see I've been choosing Nintendo's for a long time now...but I'm sick of getting the raw end of the stick so to speak, always picking loyalty over common sense.

So I thought I'd get in first so I could save... :cries:

athamas
21-08-2005, 09:11
the PS3 will be backwards compatible IIRC, so you can use PS1, and PS2 games on it,

which will be good, as you can pick up cheap good ps2 games untill the ps3 ones drop in price!

Venomizer
22-08-2005, 00:34
I don't know much about either the PS3 or X-Box 360. Could someone give me a broad and general description on the games, specs, features, support etc on these two consoles?

specs for the xbox 360 & PS3 can be found

X-Box 360 Specs (http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11273&mid=327022)

Playstation 3 Specs (http://shop.game.net/ps3/)

hope they help

Jedi152
22-08-2005, 10:46
Hmmm. Right now i would be tempted to opt for a 2nd hand PS2 or Xbox from a reputable used game dealer.

Massive back catalogue, cheap console/games, and if you do decide to upgrade to PS3/Xbox 360 in the future, both are reportedly backwards-compatible.

Or, do what i do. Go totally old school, and get an N64 or a Snes, and play all the classics!

Snoozer
22-08-2005, 12:14
I would get the nintendo (well actually I will when it comes out), because they always have the best games (I don't like shooters, racing games (except mario cart) or fighting games (except smash bros melee) or sport games of any kind).

And in my opinion Xbox and Playstation only has those kind of games so nintendo is the only opinion for me and its about time I get a new console (N64 is my newest).

:D

Jet
22-08-2005, 12:31
Well its pretty certain Nintendo will have the least support of the next 3. There were always so few 1st/2nd party decent simulations on past consoles, but you always have to hope they survive in some form, since they normally come up with something worthwhile each generation(read: wireless controller).

Does anyone else want to be sick at the sight of the PS3 controller? I sincerely hope it doesn't remain like that.

Snoozer
22-08-2005, 12:39
Well I'm really curious what the revolution controller will be like, I have read like 100 different rumors about it (some really weird) but I have confidence that they know what they are doing (like always).

Didn't nintendo invent the analog stick also?

:D

Jet
22-08-2005, 12:43
The analogue stick first came out(in a rather bad form) on either the Atari or the Spectrum, I can't quite remember.