PDA

View Full Version : 5 Game Tourney List! Help me chose!

Zoolander
25-07-2007, 05:33
Ok, before voting please read the lists below. Then post why you voted the way you did.

This is for a 2 day, 5 game tournament in October. Why am I asking now you ask? Well, the army must be fully painted. For this reason, I need to dedicate my full attention to finishing one of these up. Some of them are 90% done or more, one of them needs a lot of work. Because of this, I am not going to play the wood elves, tomb kings or bretonnians, as I simply don't have enough models painted.

On with the lists!! Right now, I am leaning toward Ranchor's Blood Knights myself.

Thanks for reading, and feel free to make any suggestions!
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

#1 Minotaurs of Blood
Baracka, Doombull of Khorne – Axes of Korghor, Heavy Armor
Exalted Champion of Khorne – Axe of Khorne, Shield, Chaos Steed

3 Minotaurs of Khorne – Great Weapons
4 Minotaurs of Khorne – Great Weapons
Tuskgor Chariot

5 Knights of Khorne (not chosen) – Full command, Banner of Rage
12 Warriors of Khorne (not chosen) – Full command, Flesh Banner
8 Furies

3 Dragon Ogres - Light Armor, Great Weapons
Shaggoth - Light Armor, Great Weapon

#2 Chaos Knights of Blood
Ranchor, Khorne Lord – Enchanted Shield, Helm of Many Eyes, Black Maul, Chaos Steed

5 Knights of Khorne (not chosen) – Full Command, Banner of Rage
15 Warriors of Khorne (not chosen) – Full Command
Chaos Chariot of Khorne

8 Furies

3 Dragon Ogres - Light Armor, Great Weapons
Shaggoth - Light Armor, Great Weapon

#3 The Cult of Slaanesh
Thanatos, Druchii Anointed – MoSlaanesh, Draich of Dark Power, Quickening Blood, Armor of Darkness, Steed of Slaanesh
Noble – MoSlaanesh, Seal of Ghrond, Heartseeker, Cold One steed
Sorceress – MoSlaanesh, Dispel Scroll x2

6 Shades – Light Armor
10 Warriors – Repeater XBows
18 Devoted of Slaanesh – Full Command, War Banner

9 Cold One Knights – MoSlaanesh, Full Command, Soul Shadows Banner
9 Furies

4 Reaper Bolt Throwers

#4 Rathulu’s Dark Elf Assassins
Rathulu, Dark Elf Lord – Gauntlet of Power, Seadragon Cloak, Heavy Armor, Repeater Xbow, Cold One
Sorceress – Darkstar Cloak, Dispel Scroll
Sorceress – Dispel Scroll x2

5 Dark Riders – Musician, Repeater Xbows

9 Cold One Knights – Full Command, Soul Shadows Standard
15 Executioners – Full Command
15 Witch Elves – Full Command, Manbane

4 Reaper Bolt Throwers

#5 Blood Dragon March
Azgreal, Blood Dragon Vampire Lord – Red Fury, Master Strike, Crown of the Damned, Nightmare
Blood Dragon Thrall – BSB, War Banner, Nightmare
Necromancer – Book of Arkhan, Dispel Scroll

28 Skeleton Warriors – Light Armor, Spears, Standard
4 Bat Swarm
10 Dire Wolves

10 Black Knights – Full Command, Banner of the Barrows
4 Spirit Hosts
4 Fell Bats

2 Banshees

Zoolander
25-07-2007, 20:34
3 votes, no replies? Let me get your 2 cents worth!

Maldred2
25-07-2007, 21:05
go for the elves, your khorne lists will be baited.

the blood dragon list is a many eggs in a basket list.

I don't like cult of slaanesh

I like the dark elf list. Dark elves may not be super-competitive and gun lines will murder that list but your wins will be swift and brutal as well.

my point: more time for pints of beer in between :D

SevenSins
25-07-2007, 21:06
I'd say the blood minotaurs, although change the axes of khorgor to... anything else really to expensive for what they do (great fang maybe?)
also I'd change the warriors to hounds and/or a minimum bastherd for some screening

Oh and listen to maldred2, beer time should be kept at maximum

Zoolander
25-07-2007, 23:12
LOL Beer time is rather important, isn't it? Yes, I am liking the flexibility of the Dark Elf list. Some magic defense, a lot of shooting, good war machines, and a decent hammer. The ole Dark Elf feint with the Soul Shadows trick works every time! It's even more effective with the Cult of Slaanesh because most people will believe you can't flee while being immune to psychology. Psych! Deceitful elves!

Actually the Axes of Khorgor are great. They really allow characters to get those hits in. And a frenzied Doombull with them has like 7 attacks at STR 5 or 6. Rather nasty. They're fairly cheap, too. Great Fang is also a good choice, but it's situational though. +1 attack + reroll hits from the Axes is always good.

No, I don't think dropping the warriors for hounds is a good idea. I think the furies will suffice. But after testing, if I feel I need more screeners I might dump them for some Flesh Hounds. Fast Cav + immune to psychology + ward save = much much better than hounds. I could also swap them out for another unit of Minos and be a really fast assault list.

Poor Azgreal. Noone likes him. Yes, it is a eggs in one basket list. It's not as risky as it would be in another army, as being immune to psychology prevents them from running all over the place, but if my opponent can gang up on that unit, the loss would be very painful. One the other hand, the vampire list has the most variety of troops...

Zoolander
27-07-2007, 05:05
Need more votes please!

Lucky24/7
27-07-2007, 08:28
Erm i would go with the khone knights list :D

cant see much more than a dwarf artiallry line or some skaven freaky ass gun line stopping this army from hitting homes, just too many things too shoot at

Zoolander
28-07-2007, 01:27
Erm i would go with the khone knights list :D

cant see much more than a dwarf artiallry line or some skaven freaky ass gun line stopping this army from hitting homes, just too many things too shoot at

That's what I was hoping! Thing is, in turn two they're on top of you 'cause almsot everything there moves 6" or more. You can't shoot them all!

Zoolander
29-07-2007, 17:43
More votes please!

Jampire
30-07-2007, 00:33
I'm torn between the Dark Elves and Blood Dragons, so I didn't vote. Like the DE list best personally because my friend is one of the few compotent DE generals I've seen and they always murdered his opponents. I've always struggled against VC so maybe I'm a little scared of them (no pun intended).
Really I just can't stand Chaos as I played a chaos army for 2-3 years and they just did NOT fit my playing style.
So, w/out anymore babbling...
Go with the DE list. I think it'll be the least expected army and it's sheer speed should due you wonders (and, y'know, Cold Ones really, really hurt things).

Gralph!?!
30-07-2007, 12:26
i would probably go for the second optio. this is for the simply reason of the speed of the army is fairly good but if you need to break an enemy unit through ranks and such (chaos knights or something that has a good ward save) then it will make it much easier to beat the opponant unit with out relaying on luck.

if you were to come across a unit such as a night goblin unit with bosses, netters and fanatics then it will completely screw over the minitours and such. the chaos warriors ought to be useful in such situations since then you have some reliable combat resolution. i would probably find a waty to put a war banner in there though.

Zoolander
31-07-2007, 02:59
Yeah I just didn't have enough points for the flesh banner and don't have much I can trim down on! I guess I could lose a warrior... and a rank bonus. :-(

Gralph!?!
31-07-2007, 08:58
no, find the points elsewhere to get the warbanner, this way it is in effect the same as getting a rank but for 25pts not 90pt.

although what have you guiven to the warriors of chaos for weapons, since it isn't mentioned. 2 hand weapons cpuld be brutal as would great weapons but hand weapons and shields are just as worth it.

Zoolander
31-07-2007, 22:45
Oh, sorry. My warriors always take hand weapon/shield. I find the +2 save bonus is better than +1 attack or +1 strength, on average. With chosen, that's a 2+ save in melee. That's crazy!