PDA

View Full Version : What Chappy is this?

Okidus
26-07-2007, 19:41
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u112/turinevo/?action=view&current=chappy.jpg

what model number/what is he called?

Glavemaster
26-07-2007, 19:44
That's an SM Chaplain.. Loads of different models for those.

Crube
26-07-2007, 19:45
SM Chaplain... a fair few of these aroud, so a bit more research may be required for an item code....

keatsmeister
26-07-2007, 19:46
Here's the part code from the Online Store. Pretty much my ideal style of equipping a Chaplain, although I do tend to go with a Thunder Hammer over a power fist fairly often

Part Code: 9947010131404

Hope that helps

Grand Master Raziel
26-07-2007, 20:01
I like the pose. Kinda looks like he's stretching after a siesta. "Ah, what a lovely nap! Now for a bracing afternoon slaughtering the enemies of the Emperor! Life is good!" :P

keatsmeister
26-07-2007, 20:44
I like the pose. Kinda looks like he's stretching after a siesta. "Ah, what a lovely nap! Now for a bracing afternoon slaughtering the enemies of the Emperor! Life is good!" :P

Just need the follow-up release for Games Day, with him pounding his fist on the table

"Hey! Who stole my Polos?!?"

Green Shoes
26-07-2007, 23:26
"Who wants a hug? What? Yeah I'm sure its turned off..."

Xgladar
27-07-2007, 00:06
isnt that the chappy that comes with a jump pack?
im sure ive seen that miniature with a jump pack on it

Arsonist18
27-07-2007, 00:14
Nah, similar head as the one you're thinking about the the jumppack one is standing atop a small pile of rocks with a Crozius in his right hand and a loose arm & bolt pistol in the left.

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=305629&orignav=300866&ParentID=258313&GameNav=10

TRICorp
27-07-2007, 01:08
http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Individual&code=99060101314&orignav=300866&ParentID=255937&GameNav=10&ItemNav=300869

Bottom of the page

Part number: 9947010131404

Feor
27-07-2007, 03:08
isnt that the chappy that comes with a jump pack?
im sure ive seen that miniature with a jump pack on it

I think this is the one I've seen most often converted wth a jump pack, so that's probably what you're thinking of.

Corax
27-07-2007, 09:25
It looks to me like he's telling a fishing story...

"I once caught a fish this big!"

Still, its a pretty good weapon combination for a CC Chaplain O'Doom.

victorpofa
27-07-2007, 10:56
Nah, similar head as the one you're thinking about the the jumppack one is standing atop a small pile of rocks with a Crozius in his right hand and a loose arm & bolt pistol in the left.

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=305629&orignav=300866&ParentID=258313&GameNav=10

Yup. I am putting one together now. The jump pack chappie has an ornate pack, and bolt pistol arm. I finished cleaning the bugger and should assemble today. He will command my Blood Angels and lead the Death Company.

The_Outsider
27-07-2007, 12:16
GW saw people were using chaplians with powerfist and/or jump pack thus made the models to accomodate that.

Joewrightgm
27-07-2007, 13:09
I heartily agree with everyone who gives their chaplain a Power Fist. I didn't think it was that big a deal, I did it just to follow the crowd.

Then my Chaplain got into close combat, and I was welcomed into the house of power fist. There it is warm . . .

victorpofa
27-07-2007, 13:26
I don't like the loss of initiative for a chappie unless he has a command squad to lead. If he gets ablative wounds like a vet sergeant he is golden, but by himself a PF Chappie could easily die before striking back with his furious anger and litanies of hate. Having said that I might have to get that model for my Death Company since he will be leading the squad. Hmmmm:evilgrin:

Grand Master Raziel
27-07-2007, 16:39
I don't like the loss of initiative for a chappie unless he has a command squad to lead. If he gets ablative wounds like a vet sergeant he is golden, but by himself a PF Chappie could easily die before striking back with his furious anger and litanies of hate. Having said that I might have to get that model for my Death Company since he will be leading the squad. Hmmmm:evilgrin:

Look at it this way: if you give your Chaplain a power fist, he can use his Crozius when going at I5 is more advantageous, but he's got the power fist for when he'd be going last anyway, or if he's up against an opponent he doesn't stand much chance of hurting with S4. Since Chappys come with the Crozius and Rozarius, you can give them a power fist in addition without making his price unreasonable. Whichever weapon you use, you gain the +1 attack for having two CCWs. The only thing you lose is the bolt pistol shot - oh noes! :p

keatsmeister
27-07-2007, 20:32
Look at it this way: if you give your Chaplain a power fist, he can use his Crozius when going at I5 is more advantageous, but he's got the power fist for when he'd be going last anyway, or if he's up against an opponent he doesn't stand much chance of hurting with S4. Since Chappys come with the Crozius and Rozarius, you can give them a power fist in addition without making his price unreasonable. Whichever weapon you use, you gain the +1 attack for having two CCWs. The only thing you lose is the bolt pistol shot - oh noes! :p

This is why I go with the Thunder Hammer/Power Fist option. If he's got ablative wounds, sorry, a Command Squad, then he's a killing machine. However, the Jump Pack Chaplain of Death is a supremely evil tank hunter. Jump him behind terrain out of sight, but within range of your target, then you can wreak havoc with the Power Fist/Thunder Hammer, or even Meltabombs if you fancy it. I've used this several times since I was caught out by it, and it continues to be useful. Not to mention, it looks cool...:D

Bork
27-07-2007, 21:05
bit off topic, but:
Ablative wounds? He's still an independent character and can be picked out, right?

Anyways my as of yet untried chappy gets a jumppack, nothing else and orders to stay away from big beasts he cannot hurt (that's what lascannons are for :) )

keatsmeister
27-07-2007, 21:13
bit off topic, but:
Ablative wounds? He's still an independent character and can be picked out, right?

In combat, yes. He's got to make it there first