PDA

View Full Version : Heroscape

Taliesynkp
21-08-2005, 19:06
I've been playing this game a lot lately. I bought it to use the terrain for my GURPS campaign and just tried the game itself for a lark. Very fast and easy but lots of fun (like warhammer 1e).

I've got two expansions - the heros set and the bridge set. I have not been able to find the lava set yet. Does anyone have it? If so can you tell me what's in it - does it have as much terrain as the bridge set?

I'm probably going to have to pick up a second bridge set just to get more trees. No big deal at $18 a set...

erion
22-08-2005, 16:15
The Lava set is a Toys R Us exclusive, and it's not out yet according to their website.

It has, according to boardgamegeek.com:

- 5 single hex lava field tiles
- 5 double hex lava field tiles
- 4 seven hex lava field tiles
- 11 molten lava tiles
- 3 Obsidian Guard figures with card
- game and scenario guide

be sure to pick up all 8 of the figures-only expansion packs, and most folks have at least a second master set for the purposes of battlefield variety.

I should be able to get my Road to the Forgotten Forest and Heroes of Laur sets later this week. Then I need more Grut Orcs, Marro Drones, and Swog riders.

Taliesynkp
23-08-2005, 03:12
Thank you for the info.

The lava set is all over ebay already. I'm going to take a trip to TRU on Saturday maybe it'll be in by then. Oh, I think it probably takes two bridge sets to make a decent size bridge. The walls on the sides come off so you can make the bridge as wide or long as you want. I'm going to see if I can get enough packs to do 300 points of roman legion. :)

erion
16-09-2005, 12:47
Avoid ebay like the plague. Toysrus.com now has the set available online for $15.99, plus shipping.

Apparently, the third figure expansion is about to hit shelves as well. I really need to see TRU have a Buy1Get1 Board game sale and snatch that stuff up.

Crazy Harborc
17-09-2005, 00:29
Wellll!! :D

I am getting ready to start playing Heroscape with my 9 year old grandson. My daughter bought the game as his birthday present. I have read the rulebooks, it reads to be fun. Sadly the Basic Game Guide ruleset is not with the gamebox.

We got on the net and went to the site. waiting to hear from them. I tried getting the needed form from the site to order a replacement Guide.......It never came up after going thru the select and clicking. I guess we'll just have to play the more difficult rules.

erion
19-09-2005, 12:47
hey CH this link (http://www.heroscapehq.com/) should get you to a pdf copy of the basic rules.

You might need to register on the site to get to it, though. It's a pretty good fansite, at any rate.

EDIT: Link fixed.

jazzdude78
19-09-2005, 18:21
your link needs fixed its got http:// twice

site is nice though

Crazy Harborc
26-09-2005, 01:48
erion, thanks for the link. Saturday my mailman delivered an envelope from Hasbro. I had messed up and ask for a copy of ALL the rules of the game, not just the three "Basic" pages that were gone missing.

Hasbro (unlike a certain "other" company) doesn't try to bleed you for their help. THANK you HASBRO

erion
27-10-2005, 19:03
I've managed to pick up every pack of the third expansion already, and the local stores have been getting steady re-stocks. Should be a lot less difficult to get your hands on these newer sets.

Crazy Harborc
27-10-2005, 19:48
My wife and I found two expansion sets/choices at the closest Target yesterday.

Heck, a local indie shop is carrying the game too. I "think" the owners son is playing the game.

My grandson and I will be playing it soon. Reading the rules will help him to read better, increase his skills.;) ;)