PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Clubs?

Hvidponi
27-07-2007, 14:56
Do ogre clubs have any special rules? I cant find it in the book, but I am probably just blind...

Thanks...

Makaber
27-07-2007, 15:10
Yep. They're basically armour piercing. It's there somewhere, look it up.

kyussinchains
27-07-2007, 15:28
ogre kingdoms book, page 29, where it says 'ogre clubs' ;)

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
27-07-2007, 15:29
armour piercing?
I hope the rule has a different name to represent that rule because it makes no sense at all.

Gralph!?!
27-07-2007, 15:38
yeah armour piercing is easy to understand on an ogre club.

it is covered in odd little spikes or dents in the rock which make it surprisingliy effectrive at peircing and uckling armour. hence armour piercing.

Hvidponi
27-07-2007, 15:40
Well... Another way at looking at is armour doesn't do much good against a big club...

EvC
27-07-2007, 15:44
Can it be used with Ironfists?

kyussinchains
27-07-2007, 15:49
Can it be used with Ironfists?

it loses its ability when used with extra hand weapons or ironfists, stupidly and unrealistically

I believe that in the designers notes they mention that it's not so much the club itself, but the fact that its an ogre wielding it

ozzfan
27-07-2007, 17:29
It's less Armour piercing, and more Armour Crushing.

You go Squish, ha ha.

Gorbad Ironclaw
27-07-2007, 18:04
it loses its ability when used with extra hand weapons or ironfists, stupidly and unrealistically

It's to make you choose what you want it to do, rather than just having it be plain better to use it with an iron fist, or using two.

Ganymede
27-07-2007, 23:09
When you pay extra points for one option over another, it should generally be plain better.

Ninsaneja
28-07-2007, 03:24
When you pay extra points for one option over another, it should generally be plain better.

No, you also pay point for *options.* These are important.

Ganymede
28-07-2007, 04:39
Sweet, so you agree with me then. When a plague monk purchases an additional hand weapon, he is gaining the option to kick more ass than he normally would.

Festus
28-07-2007, 08:35
And when you buy a Greatweapon for Dwarfs...

you pay for the option to either have S5 and 5+save or S3 and 3+save. Usual cost: 2 points for the option.

Festus

Mawchild
28-07-2007, 13:58
festus thats true but in this case it doesn't make sense, the rule says that clubs bludgeon and as such conventional armour is not much use. Now an ogre is going to hit you equally as hard with either hand pretty much regardless of what he's holding. The only way this makes sense is if it requires two hands to gain the AP but then that would be a two handed weapon and should get +2 Str.

However thems the rules, so its Ogre club and AP or extra HW/If and +1 attack.

Atrahasis
28-07-2007, 14:04
Why would they be able to hit you as hard with two as with one? Go and grab two heavy objects and try to swing them with the same force you can one in one hand.

Your assertion that any weapon that requires two hands should grant +2S is flawed as well.

Griefbringer
28-07-2007, 15:14
f The only way this makes sense is if it requires two hands to gain the AP but then that would be a two handed weapon and should get +2 Str.

So halberds, flails and pikes should also give +2 S? :rolleyes:

Gralph!?!
28-07-2007, 15:26
ok, it is simple.

the single ogre club grants armour peircing, the reason to his is due tpo balance in game terms. if you could have the armour peircing along with the extra attacks it would be kind of unfair to certain races. such as dwarfs who have their save negated alot more than before.

in realistic terms the reason a great weapon is good and grants extra strength is because of the wiegth of the weapon it self meaning you need skill and 2 hands to hold it to efficiant use. an ogre club is most likely going to be light (i mean a gnoblar holds one) compared to the great weapon, if smacked by it from an ogre using his spare hand to whack you with it then it is gonna crumple your armour or squish some bones.

if you disagree with me on either of my reasonings then i am simply gonna argue that a wizard did it.