PDA

View Full Version : Abaddon the Despoiler

Imperial Dragon
29-07-2007, 05:59
Abaddon the Despoiler will he be in the new chaos codex??????????

Vaktathi
29-07-2007, 06:03
I would imagine so, he's been in every chaos codex since 2nd Ed, I don't see why they would drop him now, havent heard anything about him being dropped either.

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
29-07-2007, 06:07
yeah i have heard that he will be included in the list of characters. alond with ahriman, typhus, kharn, lucius, and a new undivided character named harkon blackheart

Vaktathi
29-07-2007, 06:13
yeah i have heard that he will be included in the list of characters. alond with ahriman, typhus, kharn, lucius, and a new undivided character named harkon blackheart

Huron Blackheart was in the 2nd Ed Chaos codex, but went missing after that for some reason.

The_Dragon_Rising
29-07-2007, 06:27
From the "New Chaos" thread:
Abaddon:
-Has the benefits of all Icons (+1A, +1I, +1T, 4+ invulnerable)
-Drachnyen and the Talon now count as a single Daemon Weapon, which grants +1d6 attacks, doubles strength, and re-rolls all dice to hit and to wound!
-Immune to instant death
-Most expensive SC.

MrChaos
29-07-2007, 06:31
I'm hoping there will be a new model for Abaddon, and his Chosen Terminator Retinue.

Something like pimp daddy Calgar.

Imperial Dragon
29-07-2007, 06:36
i was thinking of one day doing a chaos army and when its big enough add Abaddon to it but thats if they dont tak him out of the new codex

Latro_
29-07-2007, 09:51
more importantly, are they gonan re-do his model.
we can only hope.

Askari
29-07-2007, 10:57
I like his model now, it's old, but still better than most models around.

And if we get something that screams "pimp it up" like Calgar to replace his current model I will spontaneously combust. Calgar is horrible.

But he is in the new Chaos Codex, and suffice to say, though he loses the Daemonsword of ultimate death, he gains... erm... a Daemonsword of a different type of ultimate death, thereby retaining his title as bearer of the most powerful weapon in 40k.

TheOverlord
29-07-2007, 11:06
I dunno, I DO love this current model, tho I don't mind if they pimp him up :D Of course, not in the way that calgar is pimped out with bling but more like they made him bigger, gave him a new pose and deck him out a bit more. And I would love to see a retinue specifically for him!

Satone
29-07-2007, 11:28
first of WHY would they drop him. Lord of chaos, big time guy but they wouldnt include him , enough people complain bout the codex being bad but to drop THE lord would cause riots. A boxed set with new model for him would be class, Abaddon, devram korda the 2 sorcerors and the other guy and his blob, mega expensive but hell of a cool thing if it happens!

muskrat
29-07-2007, 12:16
They'd drop him cuz he sucks monkey nuts. Has the power of the four greatest, non-corpsified gods in the galaxy behind him, and can't pull off more than a simple raid. Yeah he accomplished all his goals and that leading up to EoT- but when you're that powerful and unstoppable and you're, well, stopped, you suck. period.

From what I hear, Huron's taking over the "favorite" posistion at GW- being the new goto guy for fluff and that, seeing as how they're making CSM all renegade and traitor specified instead of old legions. (which is ******* stupid., imo, and i play renegades. Alpha Legion rules ftw!)

sliganian
29-07-2007, 12:36
I don't even get why this thread was started. Why would the submitter assume that Abaddon wouldn't be in the new Codex? He's only the most central bad guy for the Chaos storyline.

Green Shoes
29-07-2007, 16:33
The Chaos storyline? Try the storyline! The only badguy that can come close is Ghazghkull!

Randy
29-07-2007, 17:21
Dropping abbadon would do to chaos what dropping the emporer woudl do to the imperium fluff/game wise. They're both equally central in the "present" storyline.

Ninja_of_DooM
29-07-2007, 17:58
the 2 sorcerors
Well unless GW decide to forget Medusa V ever happened or bring Ygethmor back to life somehow then we'll just have Zarphiston. (for all their power I can only assume the chaos gods might be able to sew his head back on at least :p) Though I doubt they'll be letting him die anytime soon.

I wouldn't mind a new Abbadon model, but I'm cool with the current version. I wonder how much he's going to cost now. :) It's highly unlikely that he's going to be dropped. If they do, then something is wrong at GW HQ.

Grimtuff
29-07-2007, 18:03
Well unless GW decide to forget Medusa V ever happened or bring Ygethmor back to life somehow then we'll just have Zarphiston. (for all their power I can only assume the chaos gods might be able to sew his head back on at least :p) Though I doubt they'll be letting him die anytime soon.

Ygethmor succeeded Zaraphiston as Abby's lackey sorcerer, Zaraphiston is more than likely to have snuffed it as well.

FYI, Abby's sword/talon combo only grants re-rolls to wound, not hittting as well ;)

EldarZach
29-07-2007, 20:31
no Fabius Bile? :(

Reaver83
29-07-2007, 20:51
why not just look on the first page of the 'new chaos' thread in this forum it has all you need to know

Zerosoul
29-07-2007, 20:56
FYI, Abby's sword/talon combo only grants re-rolls to wound, not hittting as well ;)

Not according to the current rumour thread.

WallWeasels
29-07-2007, 21:01
no Fabius Bile? :(
Thank god he is gone if he isnt going to be there. Lamest character, ever :p

Joewrightgm
29-07-2007, 21:25
nope, in the Chaos rumor roundup he's in there. no mention as to what exactly he can do with troops, but it should be interesting.
For people keeping score, chaos is going to have 7 special characters.

Abaddon
Huron Blackheart
Kharn
Lucius
Arhiman
Typhus
Fabius Bile

Grimtuff
29-07-2007, 21:27
Not according to the current rumour thread.

Not according to my copy of the CSM dex. I started most of said rumours :rolleyes:;)

W0lf
29-07-2007, 21:40
'Not according to my copy of the CSM dex.'

yes well in my copy of the codex George bush is a special character.

Grimtuff
29-07-2007, 21:42
yes well in my copy of the codex George bush is a special character.

Funny that :rolleyes:

*looks over shoulder to a bag with a photocopied version of the codex that has been sitting there for about the past 2 1/2 months*

Don't try and be be funny, as when you realise the person you just insulted is telling the truth then you look like a prat....

Dragoon King
29-07-2007, 21:43
I surely hope he is in the new dex. I have plans on converting the new termie lord into a cool Abbadon model. He will have a helmet. Topknots suck. I don't think he is lame. I have killed many an unwary foe with him. Ah, if only Sept. would hurry up and get here!

Zerosoul
29-07-2007, 21:49
Not according to my copy of the CSM dex. I started most of said rumours :rolleyes:;)

You're also the same person that said there weren't marked daemon weapons in the codex, so, no offense, but I'm taking some of your rumours with a grain of salt.

Edit: Or was it marked steeds? Either way. Same idea.

Grimtuff
29-07-2007, 21:51
You're also the same person that said there weren't marked daemon weapons in the codex, so, no offense, but I'm taking some of your rumours with a grain of salt.

There are not. Otherwise, what would be the point in taking any other one than the Khorne marked one? :rolleyes:

Yeah, i'll go for CSM lord with an average of 13 S6 attacks on the charge. Pull. The. Other. One.

The Anarchist
29-07-2007, 21:55
i have been into my local store, and there is deffinatly still going to be an Abbdon model, though there is a possibility he will have a differnt set of shoulder spike to be put in than hi old ones. So only a very small asthetic change, still the same model at least for the forseeable future. so he will definatly still be in the codex!!!!!! but yes it does seem GW are shifting more in the direction of renagades than the old legions being the main fluff.

this quote was made in refernce to Fabus Bile. if Weasels this was not made in jest u should go dunk your head in tar. Fabius Bile is one of the best fluffed characters Chaos possess, i mean he shows that there are some consideration by GW to the unlikly continued existance and that thye have some sort of logistics tat make sense!

Thank god he is gone if he isnt going to be there. Lamest character, ever :p

Dragoon King
29-07-2007, 21:56
If the sword and talon are one weapon, what the heck will he look like? If the rumor about them being combined is true, then surely we will have a new model soon, but I haven't heard anything on it.

colmarekblack
29-07-2007, 21:57
Zaraphiston is more than likely to have snuffed it as well.

Yup he disapeared after the 13th Crusade, due to him misleading Abbadon over an artefact (Not sure which one though), claiming it not to exist but said artefact turned up.

Zerosoul
There are not. Otherwise, what would be the point in taking any other one than the Khorne marked one? :rolleyes:

Yeah, i'll go for CSM lord with an average of 13 S6 attacks on the charge. Pull. The. Other. One.

Because people don't like rolling two dice and if either of them are wounded your expensive Lord gives up half his victory points and can do nothing for a round? Or don't want a Khornate Lord?

Let me put it this way. I have no doubt you have a photocopy of an old version of the codex. That's fine - wonderful, even! But I think your version is old, given that very nearly every other person has said that the Daemon Weapon is altered by mark. I'm going to go with sheer weight of numbers. If I'm wrong I'll post a public apology to you. But in the meantime, I'm still going to be taking your rumours with a grain of salt.

Grimtuff
If the sword and talon are one weapon, what the heck will he look like? If the rumor about them being combined is true, then surely we will have a new model soon, but I haven't heard anything on it.

The sword and the talon FUNCTION as one weapon, with the benefits of Daemon Weapons (though Abby's is slightly different) and Lightning claws in one weapon stat.

Because people don't like rolling two dice and if either of them are wounded your expensive Lord gives up half his victory points and can do nothing for a round? Or don't want a Khornate Lord?

Erm, you're not wounded. You simply cannot attack if a 1 is rolled for the extra attacks. No explain to me how this will work when you're rolling 2 dice, hmm. Oh yeah, so a 1 in 6 chance jump up to a 1 in 36 chance.... :rolleyes:

biggreengribbly
29-07-2007, 22:00
I surely hope he is in the new dex. I have plans on converting the new termie lord into a cool Abbadon model. He will have a helmet. Topknots suck. I don't think he is lame. I have killed many an unwary foe with him. Ah, if only Sept. would hurry up and get here!

'Unwary' foe? The guy's about 12 feet tall and couldn't stand out more if he had an 'the End Times are coming' sign in Neon Pink strapped to his trophy rack, how the heck do you catch someone unawares with that?

Chaos Undivided
29-07-2007, 22:00

Dont be silly they arnt going to be modelled as one weapon! :D

Zerosoul
29-07-2007, 22:06
Erm, you're not wounded. You simply cannot attack if a 1 is rolled for the extra attacks. No explain to me how this will work when you're rolling 2 dice, hmm. Oh yeah, so a 1 in 6 chance jump up to a 1 in 36 chance.... :rolleyes:

And yet another way in which your rumours differ from almost every other one so far.

As to how it works on two dice, this is a direct quote from the current rumour roundup:

"…-Khorne - Bloodfeeder - Additional D6 (total of 2D6 Attacks) if a 1 is rolled on either dice, you lose a wound and may not attack. Double 1s is not cumulative, you only lose 1 wound."

And I'm sort of concerned about your math skills, too, since you apparently think you're less likely to roll a single one on two dice than on one die.

Edit: Seriously, dude. I'm not calling you a liar or attacking your integrity. I simply think you've got an older version of the current codex. All I'm saying is that I'm wary of rumours you post insofar as the Chaos codex is concerned. So, seriously - sorry if you feel like I'm attacking you. And with that, I bow out of the thread.

Grimtuff
29-07-2007, 22:14
And yet another way in which your rumours differ from almost every other one so far.

As to how it works on two dice, this is a direct quote from the current rumour roundup:

"…-Khorne - Bloodfeeder - Additional D6 (total of 2D6 Attacks) if a 1 is rolled on either dice, you lose a wound and may not attack. Double 1s is not cumulative, you only lose 1 wound."

And I'm sort of concerned about your math skills, too, since you apparently think you're less likely to roll a single one on two dice than on one die.

Erm, You never said anywhere it was if either dice come up a 1, so I am to assume it is a 2D6 roll combined. Yet I still question the point in taking anything other than the Khornate one. You can have a character with 20 S6 attacks on the charge (because, lets face it, who won't give them a Jugger either?)

GW appear to be knocking Herohammer on the head in 40k with the recent codexes, this goes against everything they're doing recently.

Zerosoul
29-07-2007, 22:27
Erm, You never said anywhere it was if either dice come up a 1, so I am to assume it is a 2D6 roll combined. Yet I still question the point in taking anything other than the Khornate one. You can have a character with 20 S6 attacks on the charge (because, lets face it, who won't give them a Jugger either?)

GW appear to be knocking Herohammer on the head in 40k with the recent codexes, this goes against everything they're doing recently.

Okay, I'm a liar, and a weak, weak man. THIS will be my last post on the subject, though. Seriously.

Three things. First, how else would it possibly work on two dice?

Second, you're just giving more and more ways that your rumours are different than the most current ones. Seriously. Two threads beneath this one is the current Chaos rumour thread, in this very forum. I'm going with the most recent rumours, not yours, which appear to be outdated. SOMEBODY is wrong, here, and I'm going with the one that more people have agreed with, which is up in the New Chaos thread. Simple as that.

Third, I don't think the Khornate DW is that great. Sure, it'd be awesome to have 17 S4(possibly S5 if you have a Jugg) PW attacks on the charge. But how often do you think that will even come in handy? Not that often. Sure, you could theoretically munch through squads - but given the way ICs behave in combat it's extremely unlikely, and certainly won't happen more than once if your opponent has more brainpower than a parrot. You'll bounce off anything with Toughness higher than 4, and dramatically increase your chances of taking a wound and doing nothing. I think the Tzeentch weapon is much cooler, personally, and even the Slaanesh one is pretty cool.

Dragoon King
29-07-2007, 22:28
'Unwary' foe? The guy's about 12 feet tall and couldn't stand out more if he had an 'the End Times are coming' sign in Neon Pink strapped to his trophy rack, how the heck do you catch someone unawares with that?

Out of sight, out of mind. Mount him in a LR and use 2 more as decoys. Works well for me.

Grimtuff
29-07-2007, 22:33
Three things. First, how else would it possibly work on two dice?

If both dice come up a 1?