PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Night Gobbo Horde

Bingo the Fun Monkey
29-07-2007, 08:41
It's not really a "horde" per se. Although I've been using greenskins a while, i've been trying more specialized/themed armies, going vanilla, going all cav, etc. However, the sneakiness of the night gobbos has finally bitten me. It's a pretty straight forward list: make as big of a mess on the battlefield as possible...

Characters:
Night Goblin Warboss: Sneaky Skewerer, Tricksy Trinket, Talisman of Protectyness

Night Goblin Big Boss: BSB, Light Armor, Bad Moon Banner

Goblin Big Boss: light armor, shield, Wallopa's 1 Hit Wunda, Brimstone Bauble, Gigantic Spider

Night Goblin Shaman: Lvl1 2 Dispell Scrolls

Core:

46 Night Goblins: Command, Spears, Netters, 3 Fanatics

39 Night Goblins: Command, Netters, 3 Fanatics

40 Night Goblins: Command, Netters, 3 Fanatics

24 Night Goblins: bows, fanatic

24 Night Goblins: bows, fanatic

Special:

8 Squig Hoppers

8 Squig Hoppers

4 Squig Herds

4 Squig Herds

Rare:

Doom Diver Catapult

Doom Diver Catapult

While this army is still functional in my mind, it's also guaranteed fun even if I lose (unless I get shot/magicked to death, but the local metagame doesn't have much of this). Still, I'll be facing Bretonnians quite a bit:skull: (which is why my warboss is armed the way he is).

I feel very uncomfortable taking no fast cavalry, but I figure they'd simply get in the way.

Da Black Gobbo
29-07-2007, 09:58
i think you need fast calvary :) is just that you don't have any suport unit, only large block of infantry, and gobbos don't win combats on their own, and another thing you have too many fanatics, when you release all of them the battlefield will become a S*it, i think you should drop some of them and add one unit of fast calvary other thing you should consider is that your army is Ld7 i think you should have the urgok´s horn in order to have ld 8 because you will suffer against undead and fear/terror monsters.

Goodluck!