PDA

View Full Version : Fanatic Online 92 Review

Sabbad
29-07-2007, 09:07
Well, new FO is up and open to review.

Itís time for the next issue of Fanatic Online (Yes, already!). And this month we start with ship of the Adeptus Mechanicus flavoured Imperial ships. These great new looking models which can be seen in this monthís White Dwarf and on our news page (once itís fixed) can be used in two ways. First and most importantly, they can be used in your Imperial fleets as the various ship classes just as if they had the more familiar armoured prow design. Battlefleet Mars has many skull prowed vessels an obvious link to the home Forge World the fleet is anchored at. Secondly you can use the rules presented hereby Ray Bell, Nate Montes and Bob Henderson. Read it now.

The second article for this month is a load of new scenarios for Necromunda. These have been collected together by Arbitratior General, Rob Reiner. They also include the winners of the recent Necromunda Scenario Competition. Well done to Ross Firth, Scott L Spears, Dave Parsons and Anthony Case. Read it now.

The final article for this issue is a brilliant Inquisitor article by Adam Durrant and Frank OíHanlon which takes a look at the life of rookie Inquisitors, itís great reading so take a look. Read it now.

Donít forget about our current competition thatís running for Blood Bowl: For this competition Iím looking for a brand new Blood Bowl poster boy (or girl or thing). As the Blood Bowl star players of old retire or get killed in action, the insatiable player agents look to the younger generation for the Ďnext big thingí.

To enter the competition Iíd like you to design a new Star Player. This could one you have designed from fresh or a hoary player from your existing team. Your entry should include full rules and stats, a background section of up to 400 words and an optional picture of your star player (this could be a drawing if your artistically inclined or a scan of a painted model).

Send your entries to Fanaticsubmissions@games-workshop.co.uk. The closing date for the competition is the 17th of August. The winner will get a boxed team and a Star Player blister of his choice. Theyíll be some runners up goodies as well.

Itís also worth noting that is you havenít visited the website this week it is worth taking a look as Iíve added a few new Player Aids. You can see the details on the blog entry below this one (the second one down if your reading this via email).

For now,
Andy @ Fanatic

I don't really feel qualified to comment on the BFG article (I don't play the game), but I do play Necromunda and Inquisitor. I liked the Necromunda article - there's clearly some creative people out there who have come up with great ideas for scenarios, and I'm looking forward to a chance to play them myself. Plus I got three of my own scenarios in there (although I didn't win :cries:)

The Inquisitor article was a little disappointing though. It wasn't spectacularly written, and suffered from big overlaps in the "different" types of Acolyte. Not what I'd been hoping for unfortunately.

So, what do you guys think?

Charax
29-07-2007, 10:08
I loved the BFG article - the AdMech fleet is characterful (Small numbers of expensive, powerful ships) and cool (Nova Cannons and refit torpedoes everywhere!)

Haven't read the necromunda article, and I agree wityh you about the Inquisitor one.

ThousandPlateaus
29-07-2007, 22:30
The Necromunda article was spectacular, I thought - some really excellent scenarios, especially the 'escape artist' one, but I found the =][= article disappointing, there was so much scope there to develop classes of acolytes, but I felt the whole thing to have been a bit rushed or ill thought out, quite a lot of [non-fluffy] overlap...