PDA

View Full Version : Another Character Deathpit comming up....

studderigdave
29-07-2007, 18:44
ok, next month i will be attending another deathpit at my local store. the rules are as follows:

hero pit : 150 points

lord pit: 300 points

NEW PIT

Insane character pit : no point limit, just has to be legal.

my hero and lord choices will be my returning champions. my hero was a standard JSOD and my lord was a dwarf lord with rerollable saves and inv. saves.

BUT, im still deciding on my Insane character. there are SO MANY options with this, but i was thinking:

chaos lord, with runesword and armor of damnation, shield, mark of tzeentch, riding chaos dragon.

anyone care to add some input on this subject?

clarkdobbs112
29-07-2007, 18:52
no, that's pretty much as nasty as you get.

Neknoh
29-07-2007, 19:08
Problem would be Killingblow, I would strongly suggest the Mark of Khorne, Berserker or Rending - Sword and Gaze of the Gods allong with an Enchanted Shield, a much better fighter, gives you Dispell Dice and he'll clobber most characters.

Your biggest fear in this category should be Blood Dragon Lords

shartmatau
29-07-2007, 21:49
for fun you could take a goblin boss. Give him Lucky's Dirk, Spiteful shield, Amulet of Protectyness and Tricksy Trinket. If you are allowed put him on a wolf chariot. That would be hilarious and you actually have a chance of doing damage and surviving.

Gralph!?!
29-07-2007, 23:04
for the insane one, i would probably have a laugh with it.

a level 2 necromancer, or a lordlevel one with the hand of dust spell.

so archeon, why are you apart on the ground?

King Thurgun
30-07-2007, 14:39
High Elf Lord on Foot
-Some fightey magic items that don't matter
-Item that renders magic weapons useless (forget what it is, sorry i'm at work atm)
-Both of Hoeth (irresistable force on doubles)
-Spell that makes you ethereal

This lord cannot be hurt, period, so he pretty much wins. However, if you dispel him, he is in trouble.

Hywel
30-07-2007, 15:14
Blood Dragon Lord, Zombie Dragon, Cursed Book, Master Strike, Gem of Blood.

Only hit on 6's, has killing blow and some protection against being killing blowed himself. You may want to give him a lance if the rules permit charge bonuses, I'd suggest the great weapon is a waste of his awesome initiative.

blurred
30-07-2007, 15:21
How 'bout a savage orc great shaman with the amulet of protectyness, skull wand of Kaloth, Bigged's kickin' boots and a boar. Its fun and could have a chance with a bit of luck (or more precisely, bad luck from the opponent). :D

Da Black Gobbo
30-07-2007, 16:12
Savage Orc warboss:Choppa that gives +1d6 attacks, Iron Gnashas, amulet of protectyness, light armour, shield. A monster with 5-10 attacks of str 6 on the first combat round with killing blow abbility and copying saves.

blurred
30-07-2007, 16:19
Savage Orc warboss:Choppa that gives +1d6 attacks, Iron Gnashas, amulet of protectyness, light armour, shield. A monster with 5-10 attacks of str 6 on the first combat round with killing blow abbility and copying saves.

50+30+25=105

Illegal.

Neknoh
30-07-2007, 16:24
D'oh! misread, sorry, ignore ^^

The Helmet of Many Eyes + hellfire Sword should cause some trouble I think

DarthBinky
30-07-2007, 18:15
High Elf Lord on Foot
-Some fightey magic items that don't matter
-Item that renders magic weapons useless (forget what it is, sorry i'm at work atm)
-Both of Hoeth (irresistable force on doubles)
-Spell that makes you ethereal

This lord cannot be hurt, period, so he pretty much wins. However, if you dispel him, he is in trouble.
Way too much magic stuff.

The Book of Hoeth, which is an Arcane Item, is 100 pts on its own. A Lord isn't automatically a wizard- off the top of my head, there are two ways to turn a Prince into a wizard, and both come out of your magic item allowance.

Also, the "item that renders magic weapons useless" is the Null Stone, which is nearly 100 pts itself. And it renders all wizards within range (friend or foe) and other magic items useless too.

Plus, assuming you could actually cast spells, it's wicked easy to dispel Walk Between Worlds (the ethereal spell), since it's only casting cost 4....

Armor of the Gods and the Swordmaster honor make for a nasty character-hunting Elf Prince. A S7 Prince with killing blow, a 3+ save and I8/doesn't suffer the strike last is pretty nasty. And you'd still have some points left over (not much though) for a ward or to get some MR.

Khorghan
30-07-2007, 22:29
What you have now sounds pretty rediculous already, go with it

The Anarchist
30-07-2007, 23:06
for the unlimited points set; if the character has to be legal you shoud look at the list for Elf lords and Dwarfs kings from the "War of Beard" whilt might be a bit cheeky it is strictly legal :D lol
alternativly you might want to consider tooling up a Dwarf Lord, though as anti-magic will be at a limit might want to get him into combat as fast as possible with his stunted lil legs. maybe master rune of alric the mad, rune of gromril, rune of fury, cant find rule book so thats all from memory

Gralph!?!
30-07-2007, 23:14

redundant really.

savage or c warbosses if i remember correctly, cannot take armour. ontop of this the points you pay for the savage orc you get a 6+ward save and frenzy and yet you have given him the items that would give him both abilities, youd be better off using a black orc with the same set up except with heavy armour and shield.

Da Black Gobbo
31-07-2007, 15:08
Savage orc WB and BB can have amour, and is cheaper than Blorc one, but is illegal so it could be like:

Black orc Bigboss: Choppa that gives +1d6 attacks, Iron Gnashas, heavy armour enchanted shield, zorga's collar. The same without copying saves. If he charges the enemy will be dead if he survives the charge the enemy is dead and all the mounts will have to get 6 or more to hit.

Angerforge
31-07-2007, 15:20
For the unlimited points if mounts are allowed i'd say

Blood Dragon Vampire Lord on a zombie dragon with cursed book, Master Strike and gem of blood. Killing blow and needs 7's to be hit unless the enemy has a 6's to hit

Finnigan2004
31-07-2007, 16:33
Anything that requires a "7" to hit should be o.k. (I think you can do it with a wood elf too). If your store plays that a "7" can get hit (I play at one that does in the same way as missile fire-- roll a "6", then "3") I'd try out this saurus oldblood:

Oldblood
Light Armour
Blessed Spawning of Itzl
Blessed Spawning of Quetzl
Blessed Mark of the Old Ones

Carnosaur
Piranha Blade
Bane Head
Enchanted Shield
Amulet Of Itzl

He has a 2+ armour save, 2+ ward save against the first wound, gets 1-3 rerolls, his carnousaur causes 1-3 wounds on large creatures, he will cause 2 wounds per hit on his opponent's mount, and four wounds per hit on his opponent (usually will end combat in 1-2 hits), and as soon as the carnosaur causes a wound they both gain 1 attack (5 for the carnie and 6 for the oldblood). I don't know if he's the toughest, but he would be fun and would give a chance against almost any opponent.

P.S. if you run into the vampire, attack the mount-- I think that might hit on 6.