PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts of Orcy goodness

Lord Gordonis
22-08-2005, 10:28
Im going to a local tournament in October, so could u rate this army list for me cheers

Bogrut Facebeater
w/ Drogs dead 'ard armour, Ardladz axe o' Doom
Bodygaurd of
Orc Big'uns
unit size:23
w/xtra weapon, command

364pts

Orc Shamen
w/2nd lvl, boar, staff of baduumm

166pts

Orc big Boss
w/hackas Sword of Hackin, boar, light armour sheild

130pts

Black Orcs
unit size: 18
w/command, xtra hnd wpn

249pts

Orc Big'uns
unit size: 19
w/command, light armour, shield, choppa

180pts

Orc Boar boyz Big'uns
unit size:5
w/command

148pts

2x Orc Chariots

160pts

Goblin Rock lobba
w/bully

75pts

Total: 1472 pts

im still undecided to put in bogrut or not what do u suggest?

cheers

Lord Gordonis
25-08-2005, 09:38
come on peeps i just to know if this list is good or not?

thanx

PANZERBUNNY
25-08-2005, 11:07
I'm pretty sure borgut counts as 2 hero slot sand you you 2 others...thats one more hero you are allowed....I think.
Also, that 2nd orc biguns regiment is illegal also I believe as you need a regular troop of orcs first before you can take those big uns.
Borguts bodyguard is an exception.
I could be missing something though.

Panzer MkIV
25-08-2005, 11:51
The main problem with this list is that you have no real defence against mobile units that can threaten your flanks. (fast cavalry, flyers and skirmishers)

A way to counter-act this is to add a couple of units of 10 arrer boys and drop the second unit Big 'uns(If you feel like it) and use the remaining points to beef up the number of Boar riders: 5 is not enough

Also drop the magic weapon on the mounted big boss and give him a 'uge choppa instead. He'll hit most infantry on 3+ already so there's no need to pay 45pts to make him hit on a 2+. Use the points to add a warbanner or Nogg's banner of butchery to Boar boys to make them more usefull on the charge.

I hope this helps ;)

PANZERBUNNY
25-08-2005, 13:13
I'd also say scrap the savage orc shaman and go with a night gobbo shaman so you can get that magic mushroom.
All the extra assistance in the magic phase will help. You'll also save a few points to put elsewhere.

Arnizipal
25-08-2005, 13:55
I'd also say scrap the savage orc shaman and go with a night gobbo shaman so you can get that magic mushroom.
All the extra assistance in the magic phase will help. You'll also save a few points to put elsewhere.
Err, in case you hadn't noticed this is a 'Ardboyz list. No Goblins allowed ('cept on warmachines) and no restrictions on Big'Unz and Black Orcs.

About that shaman though, I'd swap the Staff of Baduum for the Knobbely Staff. It 'll protect your the shaman from those nasty miscasts.

Lady's Champion
25-08-2005, 13:58
Sorry you can't have 4 characters

PANZERBUNNY
25-08-2005, 15:43
well..umm..forget it then hehe

Lord Gordonis
25-08-2005, 19:56
i asked about this least at my local gw and one of the staff says that in the FAQ Bogrut cant as one hero for the 'ardboyz have to ask again. its not a savage orc shamen its just a normal orc shamen on a boar thats all ah right ok cool, not sure on the arrer boyz tho, i see if i can bogrut or not

PANZERBUNNY
25-08-2005, 22:24
Well frankly you shouldn't just go by some red shirts word on how it works. The book says 2 hero choices...thats pretty clear to me.

Check the gamesworkshop website for FAQ's on it.

Lord Gordonis
26-08-2005, 20:10
just checked the FAQ for the Storm of Chaos book, it says the Borgut Facebeater is 1 hero not 2 hero's