PDA

View Full Version : Local Tourney Asrai (2250pts)

Simon23
22-08-2005, 13:18
Heroes

Aemraseph, High Warden 215 *Joins Wardancers
General, War Dancer Kindred, Annoyance of Netlings

Yahleer, Warden 133
Alter Kindred, Great Weapon, Longbow, Light Armour, Shield, Hail of Doom Arrow

Marduss, Acolyte of Willow - 155
Level II, Longbow, Pageant of Skrikes

Sabriel, Acolyte of Oak - 155
Level II, Longbow, Dispel Scroll

Core

10 Glade Guard - 120

10 Glade Guard - 120

10 Glade Guard 120

8 Dryads - 96

8 Dryads 96

8 Dryads - 96

5 Glade Riders 129
Musician

Special

8 Wardancers - 134

6 Wild Riders - 199
Standard, Musician, Warbanner

6 Wild Riders - 174
Standard, Musician

3 Treekin 195

Rare

5 Waywatchers - 120

2257 pts. 87 models 6 PD 4DD

Sinew
22-08-2005, 13:27
I'd love to comment on your army but as yet I have still been unable to procure a copy of the wood elf book. :mad:
However I'd normally think 2 level 2 wizards is not the way to go in tournaments, most armies either tend to have a LOT of wizards (ie a level 4 and 2 level 2) or just one scroll caddy to block out magic. Therefore 2 level 2 wizards will either be overwhelmed or blocked for the first 2 turns of the game. Would it be worth taking a single level 2 with both scrolls? Alternatively I've heard a lot of people recommend the Branchwraith Level 1, though I must confess I have no idea how good this might be.

Yanos
22-08-2005, 15:11
I've gotta agree on the magic front. I'm not sure the Pageant of Shrikes is the way to go for a mage, you may be better off investing in a second Dispel Scroll. If I'm right in thinking the Pageant is the sniping Spite option, it may be better off on a fighty character who's more likely to get close enough to use it. An alternative Spite for your mage could be the Resplendence of Luminescents: given the high proportion of Daemon and VC armies at most Tournaments this will be serve to wreck Daemonic and Ethereal units if your mage joins a Glade Guard squad.

Wardancers are fragile. No two ways about it. Having your general in with this unit may be a mistake. I know they're not gonna Panic, but see WElf Highborn as better used as a mobile weapons platform, who can add firepower or punch wherever it's needed. Sweet combo: Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Alter Kindred. Mutually complementary ;) .

Simon23
11-09-2005, 11:40
I just love the wardancer highborn too much, for the points hes one of the best challenge characters in the game, having another alter just wouldn`t give me that.

I like using 2 level 2`s because although I know i won`t be dominating the magic phases (well until I kill some mages ;) ) I`ll get off a few support spells. I hate having huge numbers of dice, it feels like magehammer, I think 2 level 2`s is what the game designers would have had in mind when ironing out the game. The good thing with asrai is we can take down mages quite quickly whether through sniping or the myriad of fast strike units, I`ve ended a few games now with magic superiority simply because a level 4s bit the dust early on. :D

(BTW this army did well in the tourney. I finished second out of 12 players. Played five games with 4 Wins/1 Loss)