PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Chieftans

Pooky
30-07-2007, 04:53
Are Marauder Chieftans worth their points? It seems you're getting an extra attack for a relatively hefty points cost. The Chaos Warrior Champion is only slightly higher in points, but I think his extra attack with his stats is definitly worth it. The Marauder Chieftan on the other hand seems a little lacking...

Darwin_green
30-07-2007, 05:06
well... i guess it matters how you equip them. An extra S 6 attack could be worth the cost of the little guy.

for a tarpit unit with hand weapons and sheild, probably not.

Morkar
30-07-2007, 05:14
First of all, sorry about my English. I haven't practiced it for years. :cries:

Now, i think it worths his points not in his extra attack, but in the way he can challenge a hero in any unit that charges marauders, and in this way he can save the rest of his unit of a major quantity of casualties.

Did you understand? :confused: Sorry again about my english

ehlijen
30-07-2007, 06:18
The chiedtan is actuallty comparably priced for a unit champion. His benefits are not so much in the extra attack (though that's nice too) but as you said in challenges where he can distract the enemy killing machine from the rest of the unit or more fragile characters. Another thing to keep in mind is that when your marauders get charged and the front rank is killed, he will get to fight back anyway unless he was specifically targetted.

Pooky
30-07-2007, 12:44
Hmmm, you do have a point about challenges. I was thinking of using them more to bait enemy charges while my Khorne Chaos Warriors try to get a flank charge on the enemy unit. I will think about this...

Makaber
30-07-2007, 13:48
Also, if there's a more important yet relatively fragile character in the unit, typically a Sorcerer, he can accept a challenge instead, saving the characters ass.

daemonkin
30-07-2007, 14:55
Can anyone tell me where I can get the rules for the marauder chieftain? I remember they were published in WD

D.