PDA

View Full Version : 1k VC... an idea...

athamas
31-07-2007, 00:27
ok, i want the 3 characters to stay.. though their equipment can change...

really want to include at least 1 spirit host aswell, [using the LOTR shade models... really like them..] and im rather partial to the banshee...

but im unsure on the core content of the army... going for defencive, thus dont need knights or anything, wolves are a possibility of march blocking and flanking etc...

im intending on using convrted bretonian peasents for my zombies, as i should be able to get my hands on alot of them [i hope... ]

Lahmian Thrall
Inocence lost, sword of might

Necromancer
lvl 2, Staff of damnation

Necromancer
lvl 2, Book of Arkhan, dispel scroll

25 Zombies
Standard, Musician

20 Zombies
Standard, Musician

3 Spirit hosts

Banshee

thats 1000 total, with 6 Pd 4DD a scroll and 2 bound items..

Rabban
31-07-2007, 00:54
I'd consider dumping the staff of damnation. It's not much use when zombies are fighting, and your vampire already strikes first so will only get the re-roll.

One of those necromancers is going to have to be your general, so I'd consider a protective item (cloak of mist and shadows or ward save) or maybe the cursed book. Alternatively go magic heavy and use the rod of flaming death.

athamas
31-07-2007, 09:09
I'd consider dumping the staff of damnation. It's not much use when zombies are fighting, and your vampire already strikes first so will only get the re-roll.

please explain...

hellish vigour affects the zombies and allows them to atttack first with rerolls to hit... how is that bad...

also, what are peoples thoughts on using skeletons instead...

Rabban
31-07-2007, 14:33
please explain...

hellish vigour affects the zombies and allows them to atttack first with rerolls to hit... how is that bad...

also, what are peoples thoughts on using skeletons instead...

It helps, it's just it's not much use, as even with hellish vigour a zombie's still not much good. You get the best use out of it when you've got grave guard, black knights or vampire counts/lords using it. In your current army you'd probably only get one or two uses of it, and its unlikely to swing a combat in your favour.

I think a unit of skeletons would be good if you find the points. The champion is especially useful for protecting your general. He can challenge any enemy characters, reducing the attacks thrown at your general.