PDA

View Full Version : Starting Dwarvs dwarfses, dworfs? Stunties

Thundergod
31-07-2007, 20:01
Allright, working on a Dwarf (whew, its just plurals I cant do) army. Been through some posts on the site and looking for a little further insight.
What I have so far. . .
(all units include command)
20 warriors
10 warriors
15 longbeards
10 miners
10 rangers
10 handgunners
10 handgunners
1 cannon
I need to flesh out some units and add some special and rare choices- at this point I need some suggestions. I'm thinking hammerers and bolt thrower(s) more warriors and an organ gun. Kinda shooting for well rounded, but some general tips would be welcome.
Also- why is the gun line so hated, just boring to play against? or some other, darker reason?
Thanks for the help

Fideru
31-07-2007, 20:48
Gunline is boring to play and to play with. Just rolling a bunch of dice that is.

Organ Guns are very helpful to have. I'd flesh out the other warrior unit to 20 strong. Maybe even 5 more longbeards to 20 as well.

Thundergod
31-07-2007, 21:05
Is there a "standard" ranger option that folks go with? I'm thinking xbows, mostly because the command models have them strapped to their backs, but that gets a bit spendy points-wise.

W0lf
31-07-2007, 21:52
Stone throwers are God-like.

I HIGHLY reccomend them.

Oh and a stupidly killy and unkillable Dwarf lord runed up to the teeth is also sorta mandatory.

P.s its Dwarves

The Anarchist
31-07-2007, 22:14
i would defiatly add some magic protection. if you want to go all out go with an anvil of doom and tool up your rune lord. otherise get a massively combat ready lord and one or two rune smiths.

other than that get some artilary if your going to do a gunline, and would try to get the long beards up t 18 as they can take a few casualties that way and still sit in the middle like a brick to hold your lines.

Varath- Lord Impaler
31-07-2007, 23:56
P.s its Dwarves

According to GW its Dwarfs.

but yeah, whichever is fine in my opinion.

Chaplain Severus
01-08-2007, 02:52
Here are my rules for dwarfs. . .

1. No gyrocopters (ridiculous!)

2. No anvil! If these buggers can't find horses/ponies/boars to ride HTF will they manage to haul around a two ton anvil to the heat of battle? (however the rules for the anvil look darn good, I just won't play it)

3. Where are the SLAYERS!?!?!

Interrogator-Chaplain Severus.

Festus
01-08-2007, 07:32
According to GW its Dwarfs.

And according to the dictionary, it is dwarfs, either ;)

Festus

Varath- Lord Impaler
01-08-2007, 07:40
And according to the dictionary, it is dwarfs, either

I hate that book. It bored the crap out of me and it was completly obvious how it ended right from the second chapter.

W0lf
01-08-2007, 15:10
LMFAO...

sigged... you sir win the internet.

Thundergod
01-08-2007, 15:26
it actually took me till the third chapter. . .
Back to Dwarfses- how do you guys manage effective board control? Rangers and Miners help, and the silly gyrocopter would too, but still any tips?

DarkStarr
02-08-2007, 02:21
it actually took me till the third chapter. . .
Back to Dwarfses- how do you guys manage effective board control? Rangers and Miners help, and the silly gyrocopter would too, but still any tips?

I dont play dwarfeses anymore got kinda bored with them, but if you must insist on playing them I would suggest a gyrocopter since they are quite anoying and all you do is run it around the enemy to prevent them from marching, a dirty sneak underhanded strategy but one that would help the stunies quite a bit, go with at least some big nasty cannon or somthing to force your opponent to come to you lots of anti magic and some slayers, lots of em.

Lloardinen
08-08-2007, 14:04
You should get yourself a Grudge Thrower! They are devastating...If you know how to aim...Always make sure to be able to reroll the scatter dice though( a rune...cant reacll the name).

Also consider a Gyro if you are going for shooting...They are GREAT at delaying enemies...No march...mehehehe. Also, when fighting opponents like high elves and other races with low T, it can inflict decent damage.

One more cannon would also do good...Especially when fighting an army with large targets...Took down a giant once before it reached my main forces..

If you need someone to protect your artillery, there is no question. Ironbreakers for the win. They can stand almost everything, and if you fgive them a rune of battle aswell they are highly unlikley to flee...