PDA

View Full Version : 1k - The Starting Point

Spoonie
01-08-2007, 19:23
Considering starting up an empire army, and I designed this list to have a bit of everything so I could decide what I wanted to add more of as I progressed in points. Lemme know if I forgot anything.

Captain
Barded Warhorse, Full Plate, Shield, Sword of Might

Battle Wizard
Rod of Power

25 Swordsmen
Full Command
*9 Halberdiers

10 Handgunners

5 Knightly Order
Command

5 Pistoleers
Musician, Outrider with Repeater Pistol

Great Cannon

Helblaster Volley Gun

Crube
01-08-2007, 19:29
Quite nice. Easily expandable. Only a couple of points for me.

Firstly, for 1000 points, I would drop one of the warmachines and either expand your knights or get more infantry.

Secondly, Make your 10 Crossbows in to a second detatchment for the Swordsmen. They can than stand and shoot at an enemy charging the swordsmen, or themselves.

But nicely balanced. Well done :D

Spoonie
01-08-2007, 19:53
I was feeling a little warmachine heavy, but it just kind of happened. I wanted to try out the helblaster to see what it could do, and I felt naked without a cannon. I was thinking as I was posting that I might drop the cannon to beef up some other stuff, but I couldn't think of what to do with 100 points, and then I lose some of the incentive for my opponents to get inside the helblaster's range.

Hmm, one option would be to take out the cannon, and add:
5 Hand Gunners detachment for the Swordsmen
A Marksman for the full unit of Handgunners, with a Hochland
An extra Knight
Upgrade the sword of might to a hammer of judgement on the captain

I'm pretty set on taking the helblaster, if only to see what it can do to see if I want to continue taking it later or try the helstorm. Thanks for the feedback.