PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Tomb Kings: Friendly/All Comers list

Lord Dralnu
01-08-2007, 22:06
I'm still fairly new to Fantasy, I've only played 1 tourney consisting of 3 games (a win, a draw, and a loss ironically), but I had a blast playing in it. After reading most of information on the TKs I could get my hands on, I've come up with this list which will hopefully be enjoyable to play/play against:

Sekhmet's Grand Army

Lords

Sekhmet the Everliving
1 Tomb King @ 308 Pts
General; Light Armour
Flail of Skulls
Golden Ankrha
Chariot

Heroes

1 Liche Priest @ 160 Pts
Hierophant
Cloak of the Dunes
Hieratic Jar

1 Liche Priest @ 165 Pts
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

1 Liche Priest @ 160 Pts
Staff of Ravening

Core

5 Skeleton Chariots @ 300 Pts
Full Command
Icon of the Sacred Eye

24 Skeleton Warriors @ 241 Pts
Shield; Light Armour; Full Command

10 Skeleton Warriors @ 80 Pts
Bow

10 Skeleton Warriors @ 80 Pts
Bow

Special

20 Tomb Guard @ 310 Pts
Light Armour; Shield; Full Command
Icon of Rakaph

1 Tomb Scorpion @ 85 Pts

Rare

1 Screaming Skull Catapult @ 110 Pts
Skulls of the Foe

Casting Pool: 2
Dispel Pool: 5
Models in Army: 79
Total Army Cost: 1999

The Tomb King will obviously join the chariot unit which I plan to position at one end of the table and try to set up a flank charge, or simply go right at the enemy as this unit tends to hold it's own in combat.

In the center of my deployment I'll put the large skelly unit and the tomb guard, the priest with the staff joining the skelly unit and my hierophant joining up with the tomb guard.

The two archer units and the catapult will form a fire base along with the scroll-caddy priest to support them (Join him with an archer unit? The catapult crew? Thoughts on this please).

Finally, I'll either use the scorpion with ICFB rules to hunt warmachines/wizards or set it up in between the tomb guard and large skelly unit so it can support one of their charges/counter charge.

Please leave questions, comments, and constructive criticisms. Please do not suggest taking a HLP over a TK, I'll be posting a different list led by a HLP when I get around to it.

Malorian
01-08-2007, 22:46
Looks great to me other than don't you find 6 chariots a bit unweildy?

Lord Dralnu
01-08-2007, 23:11
They are unwieldy at times, but my TK is on the board to put a hurt on the opponent, and I'm afraid of him being sniped by a wayward cannon shot or the like before he gets into combat, thus I need 5 minimum for the "Look out, sir!" rule.

Plus, the chariots are fast cavalry so I figure their free reform helps their maneuverability.

Lord Dralnu
06-08-2007, 18:08
I have a game coming up against Bretonnians, any suggestions on tactics?