PDA

View Full Version : sorcerer based chaos army 2kpts

lector#1
02-08-2007, 06:56
ok here goes my first ever sorcerer based army tell me what you think and where i can improve it..
what lore should my sorcerers be im thinking of death or shadow just for the randomness of some of the spells...
its all foot models because i think it would look cool to have all foot models tare through some tasty empire

exalted sorcerer
level 4
skull of katam
2power stones/dispell scrolls
( the other version has spell familiar and i dont knoe what else to use any suggestions here would help alot)

sorcerer
level 2
spell familiar

sorcerer
level 2
spell familiar

15 chaos warriors
full comand
sheilds
mark of tzeentch( for the power dice)

15 chaos warriors
full comand
sheilds

15 chaos warriors
full comand
sheilds

15 chosen warriors
additional hand weapon
mark of tzeentch ( for the power dice)

this leaves me with about 150 points and i was planning on sticking a unit of ranged dogs of war as large as possible. for back up for the sorcerers or it would be stick my level 4 wizard in a chariot. please help

Neknoh
02-08-2007, 07:16
Your sorcerors have nowhere to hide

Your Warriors will be outmanouvered and outfought

Drop at LEAST a unit of Chosen and a unit of normal Warriors, replace with large blocks of Marauders, two units of Marauder Horsemen, and then you might still want to drop a unit of Warriors to afford warmachine hunters.

I am sorry, but Warriors aren't as good as they seem to be, especially when your Sorcerors can't join them

lector#1
02-08-2007, 07:38
im keeping as many warriors because its going to be a foot army and i guessed that the warriors would be better than marauders can u suggest another army that would be good with sorcerer generals and lords but im aiming for a evil army because my sorcer conversion will look very evil and just wont suit a empire army

Neknoh
02-08-2007, 07:42
That would be Dark Elves, using Spearmen as your core, Executioners and Witch Elves for heavy hitting, and Dark Riders to do the flanking.

And no, Warriors aren't better than Marauders, simply because of the fact that you get more Marauders for the points and Chaos Warriors should never waste points on additional ranks, much better to give them Additional Handweapons and field them 5 to 7 wide in only two ranks.

lector#1
02-08-2007, 07:57
yeah but im looking for a good foot army with good shooting i was thinking of also doing a empire army but they are ""corrupted"" so that way i can still have evil looking heros and men
any suggestions

Neknoh
02-08-2007, 07:59
Dark Elves is an excellent foot army with excellent shooting, have you had a look at them at all?

lector#1
02-08-2007, 08:06
nah not really main reason is i want my wizard lord to have the option to use lore of death,shadow, or heavens ( i think these are the best spells for what i want him to do) and ive never really liked dark elves well any elves for that matter (im a elf hater)

Punk_in_Drublic
02-08-2007, 08:13
....aaaaand might you also be a hater of punctuation and the use of capital letters? :) I'd agree with Neknoh about dark eloves being your best bet - but a corrupted empire army sounds really really cool. Make it up of a mix of marauders, empire plastics and the excellent new flagellants. Think about all the traitor guard armies out there using standard imperial guard rules. The same should be perfectly fine in fantasy, as long as the models look somewhat like the troop type they're supposed to be.

Later,

-Punk

lector#1
02-08-2007, 08:36
well with the sorcerer im making him out of the old chaos sorcer body and the head will be the 2003 dark emissary.

i will do mainly zombie looking cross-bowman and zombie looking greatswords.
and yeah 2 empire wizzards painted like nurgle or sumthing
like that and some flagies ofcourse and maybe a corruptedwarrior priest but what would be better for my wizard lord lore of heavens,death,fire or shadow
im thinking of giving him the grey wand and the holy relic would that work

lector#1
02-08-2007, 08:41
and can the empire be good as foot troops only or shuld i add some knights in it???

Punk_in_Drublic
02-08-2007, 08:48
Sounds really cool - and I'd love to see pictures of your work. in my opinion the most characterful lores would be shadow and death - and they're pretty damn good lores as well. The Empire works nicely with foot troops but you can easilly end up bottlenecked if you have too many units (an empire army takes up a LOT of room with the detachments and all). I would at least have a small knight regiment - but you can base your army on mainly foot troops.

Later,

-Punk

lector#1
02-08-2007, 08:59
i would love to show u what it turns out to be like but i havent got programs to put them on the pc

lector#1
02-08-2007, 17:19
hey what do you think of a corrupted HE army like nugles rot covered high elves ??? still with big chaos sorcerer