10 greatswords
full command

10 greatswords
full command

20 swordsman
full command

vollygun

great cannon

this is about 1998 and they will all look like zombies can this work???

Malorian
02-08-2007, 12:34
Why no detachments?

lector#1
02-08-2007, 12:52
no paticular reason but the only reason why the flagies and warrior priest is there is to distract the big units and the great swords and the swords man are to just distract fire power from ranged attacks and the great swords are just good for killing things my army is based around ranged units so im thinking about loosing the unit of swords man and putting in another unit of crossbowmen same size

dWhisper
03-08-2007, 02:08
Full command in a missile unit is always a waste. Drop the standard bearers and save yourself some points. If your crossbows get charged, they'll die/break.

Now, on to troop blocks in general... for standard troops (Greatswords, Swords, Halbs, and Spears), you need 25 models, minimum. Other than that, it's a waste. You won't often out-damage most opponents. Empire is always about strength of numbers. Charge his big nasty dragon, challenge his guy and feed him the unit champion. Do a couple of wounds, get the outnumber and rank bonuses, watch that nice expensive dragon run clean off the field.

Spoonie
03-08-2007, 04:36
Pretty much everything between the wizard lord and the "vollygun" could use a revision. You don't need 3 dispel scrolls with all that magic and could use some bound items to beef up the magic phase. The missle units are too big and the melee units are too small. Also the warrior priest doesn't really have a place to go, he seems out of place.

lector#1
03-08-2007, 13:43
Pretty much everything between the wizard lord and the "vollygun" could use a revision. You don't need 3 dispel scrolls with all that magic and could use some bound items to beef up the magic phase. The missle units are too big and the melee units are too small. Also the warrior priest doesn't really have a place to go, he seems out of place.

um the warrior riest is in the unit of flagies thats where he belongs in the army

Punk_in_Drublic
03-08-2007, 13:49
I'd follow the advice about enlarging your melee units and drop the missile units to detachments of 10. Much cheaper and easier to use. Maybe take one stand alone unit of crossbowmen to put on a hill or something. I haven't checked the new empire book that much, but can a character join the flagellants in this edition?

Later,

-Punk

empireguard
03-08-2007, 13:56
um the warrior riest is in the unit of flagies thats where he belongs in the army

He can't go in that unit unless you cast his prayer to make him unbreakable then go into the unit.

lector#1
03-08-2007, 14:25
yeah but the whole point of this army is to be long ranged with small units of melee to act as speed bumbs so that my ranged spells and arrows can whipe out my opponent check the post

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96843

go there that is relatively what the army will be but ill have 4 units of 10 crossbowmen instead of 3 units of 15